Stupid cheap hobby grade rcs from Jegs.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Snagged the stinger, got it in already, and searching far and wide for a compatible steel spur gear.

Snagged the stinger, got it in already, and searching far and wide for a compatible steel spur gear.
With it being 2wd the plastic 32p should be fine, I have been running a plastic 32p spur on my Ecx Ruckus for a few years now and it holds up great.

With it being 2wd the plastic 32p should be fine, I have been running a plastic 32p spur on my Ecx Ruckus for a few years now and it holds up great.
I worry about the added power of a brushless system but it looks like I’ll have to try it and see

Finally got home from the frozen north.

Nowhere on the box or any of the literature does it say where these are made so idk if these are made in China or if they are made in the same factory in Taiwan that makes the G-Force Genova.

1672185474505.jpeg
1672185485079.jpeg
1672185498523.jpeg
1672185507944.jpeg
1672185572472.jpeg
1672185584716.jpeg

Initial thoughts. Seems like a pretty good stadium truck better than the Rustler in some aspects not so much in others.

Pros.
  • Hobbywing 1040 brushed esc that is 3s capable.
  • All metal gear tranny.
  • Fully sealed diff.
  • 32p gears standard.
  • No stripped or cross threaded screws or stripped out screw holes.
  • Parts feel quality not like your typical cheapo rc parts.
Cons.
  • Suspension is super sloppy like my Ecx Ruckus was out of the box.
  • Phillips hardware throughout the kit.
  • 1 shock was low on oil.
  • Diff only had a blob of grease in it.
  • Tranny gears were basically dry of any sort of grease.
  • There are a few screws that weren't tightened down all the way.
  • Deans connector on the esc.
  • Fixed plastic links with plastic pivot balls.
  • Neither of the motor screws nor the 4 screws holding the spur to the slipper had any thread lock on them.

1672187361376.jpeg
1672187375789.jpeg

1672203423351.jpeg

Last edited:
Thanks @slick2500 will take a slightly loose screw over a stripped one anyday!
For sure.
I edited my post as I found the motor and slipper to be lacking any sort of thread lock.

Last edited:
For sure.
I edited my post as I found the motor and slipper to be lacking on sort of thread lock.
Is it me or do brushed motors not seem to use thread lock often? Not sure if its the tin can or what.
How much is the stadium rig?
Sorry that deal expired in a hurry. They were $50ea. plus shipping.

Good news, shocks are 88mm in the front and 101mm in the rear. This means we can use basically any shock that fits the Rustler.

Good news, shocks are 88mm in the front and 101mm in the rear. This means we can use basically any shock that fits the Rustler.
What pivot balls fit in?

What pivot balls fit in?
Traxxas Slash pivot balls Traxxas 5529 are a perfect fit, both balls measure 5.6mm on my digital calipers You may need some 3mm spacers to move the links to the proper position. . I am still looking at what links can fit but it looks like the Traxxas 3643 for the turnbuckles and 3644 for the camber links should work.

1672286135851.jpeg

For the shocks you will probably want the Traxxas 2742X balls out of the rod ends I cant find just the balls.

1672286342290.jpeg

Last edited:
Traxxas Slash pivot balls Traxxas 5529 are a perfect fit, both balls measure 5.6mm on my digital calipers You may need some 3mm spacers to move the links to the proper position. . I am still looking at what links can fit but it looks like the Traxxas 3643 for the turnbuckles and 3644 for the camber links should work.

View attachment 265655

For the shocks you will probably want the Traxxas 2742X balls out of the rod ends I cant find just the balls.

View attachment 265656
Snagged the rustler shocks and turnbuckles off jennys/ebay. i did a similar setup on my granite voltage.

Snagged the rustler shocks and turnbuckles off jennys/ebay. i did a similar setup on my granite voltage.
Idk if the Traxxas Ultra shocks are going to be much of an upgrade over these to be honest.

I hate hate hate hate when rc companies use proprietary screws................especially when they are Phillips heads..... Steering bell crank uses these stupid proprietary stepped screws in the ackerman......

1672288494727.jpeg

Last edited:
Idk if the Traxxas Ultra shocks are going to be much of an upgrade over these to be honest.

I hate hate hate hate when rc companies use proprietary screws................especially when they are Phillips heads..... Steering bell crank uses these stupid proprietary stepped screws........

View attachment 265672
Ooof Finding one of those if it falls out... Grab the metal detector :LOL:

Ooof Finding one of those if it falls out... Grab the metal detector :LOL:
That is one of my biggest gripes about my Ecx Ruckus the front axle carriers are held to the caster blocks via stepped screws similar to that except they only have like 3mm of thread 🙄 with the stock plastic parts they would constantly pull out.

I hate hate hate hate when rc companies use proprietary screws................especially when they are Phillips heads..... Steering bell crank uses these stupid proprietary stepped screws in the ackerman......

View attachment 265672
Looks similar to the traxxas shoulder screw for the shocks. Yeah, i put the slash shocks on my granite mega and they are a little too stiff. I had to put some fuel tube under the pistons to limit the stroke too or it would sit up like amonster truck hahahahaha
I put a max10 in the granite, have a g2 80a max10 for this one and the 4100kv motor

Attachments

• granite.jpg
    granite.jpg
    292.8 KB · Views: 28
  • granite2.jpg
    granite2.jpg
    251.1 KB · Views: 34
  • granite3.jpg
    granite3.jpg
    266.3 KB · Views: 29
Steering bell crank has bushings they are 5x8x2.5 replaced them with ball bearings. Somehow out of the 20 5x11x4mm bearings I bought I only have 2 left ☹️

Back