Stupid cheap hobby grade rcs from Jegs.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was surprised to see bushings in a lot of Redcat brushed as well. I guess the power and speed do not warrant anything more...

I had to try this Holeshot truck, can post better pictures when it arrives. Bummer the Stinger is out of stock (now regular price and back ordered), that would have been fun to try as well.

I was surprised to see bushings in a lot of Redcat brushed as well. I guess the power and speed do not warrant anything more...

I had to try this Holeshot truck, can post better pictures when it arrives. Bummer the Stinger is out of stock (now regular price and back ordered), that would have been fun to try as well.
I contemplated buying both 🤣

Found the HSP equivalent Holeshot!? https://hobbiesdirect.com.au/HSP-110-Viper-2WD-Electric-Off-Road-RTR-RC-Stadium-Truck-94603

94603 | HSP 1/10 Viper 2WD Electric Off Road RTR RC Stadium Truck​

And the HSP equivalent Stinger!?: https://hobbiesdirect.com.au/HSP-110-Mongoose-2WD-Electric-Off-Road-RTR-RC-Buggy-94602

94602 | HSP 1/10 Mongoose 2WD Electric Off Road RTR RC Buggy​

Hmm, in looking at the details there are some differences. The arms, links, and towers look a little different on the Jegs models.

Last edited:
The Mongoose looks like the front tower is ready to snap off if you just sneeze at it.:giggle:

Found the HSP equivalent Holeshot!? https://hobbiesdirect.com.au/HSP-110-Viper-2WD-Electric-Off-Road-RTR-RC-Stadium-Truck-94603

94603 | HSP 1/10 Viper 2WD Electric Off Road RTR RC Stadium Truck​

And the HSP equivalent Stinger!?: https://hobbiesdirect.com.au/HSP-110-Mongoose-2WD-Electric-Off-Road-RTR-RC-Buggy-94602

94602 | HSP 1/10 Mongoose 2WD Electric Off Road RTR RC Buggy​

Hmm, in looking at the details there are some differences. The arms, links, and towers look a little different on the Jegs models.
Nope top plate and front shock tower are different and that is just with a quick glance. It's the G-Force car that I posted earlier. There are so many rc10 clones on the market and they all look the same at first glance but you really have to look at them to notice the differences.

Last edited:
I contemplated buying both 🤣
For $100, why not!? If they provided even a weekends worth of entertainment they'd be totally worth it!! I suspect you'd get alot more to.
The bargain hunter in me loves this stuff, but the enthusiast in me says why waste it on that? There's always parts needed for the rigs I already have.🤔🙄😮🤣🤣

Nope top plate and front shock tower are different and that is just with a quick glance. It's the G-Force car that I posted earlier. There are so many rc10 clones on the market and they all look the same at first glance but you really have to look at them to notice the differences.
The thing with these Chinese cars is that they will make them to your request, Jegs could have reached out to OEM's and asked for a product. That is why the Redcat versions of HSP's often have slight differences (different shocks, bumpers, body, radio, towers, ect) but the core truck is pretty much the same. I am guessing that chassis, gearbox, tires, and other things are the same. I couldn't not find anything remotely close for the short course truck except this model.

The N-Force for sure is an exact match for the Stinger. Probably a good chance that was a request to order from a company like HSP as well.

Regardless, I will find out soon on this short course truck 😀

The thing with these Chinese cars is that they will make them to your request, Jegs could have reached out to OEM's and asked for a product. That is why the Redcat versions of HSP's often have slight differences (different shocks, bumpers, body, radio, towers, ect) but the core truck is pretty much the same. I am guessing that chassis, gearbox, tires, and other things are the same. I couldn't not find anything remotely close for the short course truck except this model.

The N-Force for sure is an exact match for the Stinger. Probably a good chance that was a request to order from a company like HSP as well.

Regardless, I will find out soon on this short course truck 😀
The G-Force is Japanese though it is probably made In China not 100%sure on that though. The cars and parts for it are only available from Japan.

The G-Force is Japanese though it is probably made In China not 100%sure on that though. The cars and parts for it are only available from Japan.
Box says made in Taiwan.

Jegs Holeshot OOO now.

Customer service said they are discontinued.

Last edited:
How long has Jegs been selling this stuff? I would be concerned if/when they decide to drop the rc stuff, would we be able to source the parts? Maybe for a $50 rc, we shouldn't care? Ride the wave till it runs out..can't get too hurt with these things I suppose?

How long has Jegs been selling this stuff? I would be concerned if/when they decide to drop the rc stuff, would we be able to source the parts? Maybe for a $50 rc, we shouldn't care? Ride the wave till it runs out..can't get too hurt with these things I suppose?

I first noticed these like 6-7 months ago. You can order parts from Japan https://banzaihobby.com/radio-control/rc-off-road-cars no idea on shipping costs though. Amazon Japan also has parts.

Last edited:
Screenshot_20221220_212955_Chrome.jpg

For the 4x4 monster truck, they are copies of Cen HL150. You can easily find parts for Cen in online stores like Amain.

Kind of weird now the web site says no longer available for the stinger. Wonder if this was a one time deal?

Kind of weird now the web site says no longer available for the stinger. Wonder if this was a one time deal?
Did you not see the screenshot I posted earlier? It was a firesale, they don't have any more cars, they won't be getting any more cars and what they have for parts are only going to be available until their stock is depleted.

Back