Stupid cheap hobby grade rcs from Jegs.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Steering bell crank has bushings they are 5x8x2.5 replaced them with ball bearings. Somehow out of the 20 5x11x4mm bearings I bought I only have 2 left ☹️
I ordered 6, found out it used 8 :mad: I'll prob need some of the other ones though it sounds like.
Steering bell crank has bushings they are 5x8x2.5 replaced them with ball bearings. Somehow out of the 20 5x11x4mm bearings I bought I only have 2 left ☹️
Is that the same size as the arrma steering bearings?

Looks similar to the traxxas shoulder screw for the shocks. Yeah, i put the slash shocks on my granite mega and they are a little too stiff. I had to put some fuel tube under the pistons to limit the stroke too or it would sit up like amonster truck hahahahaha
I put a max10 in the granite, have a g2 80a max10 for this one and the 4100kv motor
Curious how you keep that Granite Voltage running.. Ours break plenty in stock form 🙃

Curious how you keep that Granite Voltage running.. Ours break plenty in stock form 🙃
i haven't ran it much and i stay on 2s hahahaha. full integy drivetrain and 6s diff cups.

I ordered 6, found out it used 8 :mad: I'll prob need some of the other ones though it sounds like.

Is that the same size as the arrma steering bearings?
No it is not. I think it’s the same size as the Rustler and Bandit.
Looks similar to the traxxas shoulder screw for the shocks. Yeah, i put the slash shocks on my granite mega and they are a little too stiff. I had to put some fuel tube under the pistons to limit the stroke too or it would sit up like amonster truck hahahahaha
I put a max10 in the granite, have a g2 80a max10 for this one and the 4100kv motor
The Traxxas ones have a shorter shoulder.

Finally got home from the frozen north.

Nowhere on the box or any of the literature does it say where these are made so idk if these are made in China or if they are made in the same factory in Taiwan that makes the G-Force Genova.

View attachment 265383View attachment 265384View attachment 265385View attachment 265386View attachment 265387View attachment 265388

Initial thoughts. Seems like a pretty good stadium truck better than the Rustler in some aspects not so much in others.

Pros.
  • Hobbywing 1040 brushed esc that is 3s capable.
  • All metal gear tranny.
  • Fully sealed diff.
  • 32p gears standard.
  • No stripped or cross threaded screws or stripped out screw holes.
  • Parts feel quality not like your typical cheapo rc parts.
Cons.
  • Suspension is super sloppy like my Ecx Ruckus was out of the box.
  • Phillips hardware throughout the kit.
  • 1 shock was low on oil.
  • Diff only had a blob of grease in it.
  • Tranny gears were basically dry of any sort of grease.
  • There are a few screws that weren't tightened down all the way.
  • Deans connector on the esc.
  • Fixed plastic links with plastic pivot balls.
  • Neither of the motor screws nor the 4 screws holding the spur to the slipper had any thread lock on them.

View attachment 265393View attachment 265394

View attachment 265430
Great write up so far. Thanks for sharing. Are the screws next to the diff the ones that hold the spur on? Course threads? Hmm, not sure I like that idea. The diff and gears look pretty substantial tho.I like the overall design. Looks like it needs a nice brushless 3660😎

Great write up so far. Thanks for sharing. Are the screws next to the diff the ones that hold the spur on? Course threads? Hmm, not sure I like that idea. The diff and gears look pretty substantial tho.I like the overall design. Looks like it needs a nice brushless 3660😎
The screws holding the spur to the slipper pad are fine thread but they are 7mm.

7mm diameter!? Dang, 1/8 Arrmas use what, 3mm?
Sorry M3x7.

I have replaced almost all of the Phillips screws with hex. The front is still apart on my desk.

Sorry M3x7.

I have replaced almost all of the Phillips screws with hex. The front is still apart on my desk.
I thought they looked smaller than 7mm.
I recently got a xl5 bandit from my bro. I reuse the phillips as long as they still grab the screwdriver, after they start slipping I'll replace w/hex screws. Gotta get me money's worth outta my free rc! LOL 😉🍻

I thought they looked smaller than 7mm.
I recently got a xl5 bandit from my bro. I reuse the phillips as long as they still grab the screwdriver, after they start slipping I'll replace w/hex screws. Gotta get me money's worth outta my free rc! LOL 😉🍻

I have so many hex screws though, literally drawers full of them. I have more stock and variety than our hardware stores.

I have so many hex screws though, literally drawers full of them. I have more stock and variety than our hardware stores.
Sounds like a good problem to have!! I do stock quite a few myself. Usually buy hardware by the bag, 50-100 at a time.. I'm sure I have hex screws for the entire bandit but, why waste them? Might as well use the stock I figure.

Sounds like a good problem to have!! I do stock quite a few myself. Usually buy hardware by the bag, 50-100 at a time.. I'm sure I have hex screws for the entire bandit but, why waste them? Might as well use the stock I figure.
I despise Phillips screws my lest favorite are flat head screws, whoever invented those should be kicked in the nuts for all of eternity.

Did the Bell Crank take 4 of the 5x8x2.5?

Do you recall the size of the hub bearings? All 8 the same size?

I wonder if the diff outdrive bearings should be upgraded as well..

Did the Bell Crank take 4 of the 5x8x2.5?

Do you recall the size of the hub bearings? All 8 the same size?

I wonder if the diff outdrive bearings should be upgraded as well..

Yes 4 of the 5x8x2.5 bearings. Hub bearings are 5x11x4 just like Traxxas and yes you will need 8.

The bearings in the tranny appear to only be metal shielded and not rubber sealed.

I forgot to update this thread.

1680919101485.jpeg

Added a few things.

Hobbywing 10BL60 esc.
eBay 3650 3800kv motor.
Arrma 5x48mm links with Traxxas rod ends and pivot balls for rear camber and front toe links.
I ran out of 48mm links so the front camber links are still stock.
DS3225MG servo.
Also tossed a "Spektrum" SR3100 rx in it as making adjustments on the stock radio was rather weird.

I found a bunch of upgrade parts for the Genova https://www.amazon.sg/g-force-genova/s?k=g-force+genova
No shipping to the US from Amazon.sg though, Banzai Hobbies has some of the parts in stock, at least the ones I searched for, shipping is $20 and the stuff ships from Japan. Those shocks look super nice too bad they won't work on the Holeshot though.

Last edited:
Heads up, I have located the spur gear that should fit the Jegs Holeshot and Stinger. I grabbed a couple, will check fitment when they arrive.

https://www.amainhobbies.com/cen-f450-32p-spur-gear-56t-cegg73301/p1275959

It does appear CEN made them for Jegs, should be interesting to see what becomes available down the road. They have been so popular I wonder if CEN will make them again.

Back