Stupid cheap hobby grade rcs from Jegs.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slick2500

Anything will break if you drive it wrong enough.
Community Leader
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Kraton EXB
  4. Outcast 6s
  5. Senton 3s
  6. Typhon 3s
1672277501741.png

Both are RC10 clones of some type, they look decent and seem to be worth the $49.99 each.

Stinger 1/10 2wd Buggy https://www.jegs.com/i/JEGS/555/44100/10002/-1

Holeshot 1/10 2wd Stadium truck. https://www.jegs.com/i/JEGS/555/44200/10002/-1

The versions with a nimh battery cost $50 more, totally not worth it for those vs these.

$14.99 for shipping though.

Last edited:
Last edited:
You could drop 200 bucks and get the buggy, convert to brushless, some oiled shocks maybe, and some wheels and maybe have money left over and you got a fast buggy for under $200.
It comes with oil filled shocks.

I meant upgraded shocks because to be honest, there’s no way shocks that cheap perform well, let alone hold oil without leaking.
These were originally priced at $167.99 when they were first released months ago. I saw these and actually posted about them in another thread where I was looking for a 1/10 scale buggy. They are on sale for $49.99.

I'll try to do an unboxing when the Stadium truck comes in, I only have my phone to record videos and I don't have a tripod so I will see how it goes.

Thanks for the share Slick!

I am leaning towards the stadium truck! Looks like alot of fun for the price. Probably not worth it if your planning on upgrading, the Typhon 3S was just on sale for $230.

Parts support always a worry too for these off brands.

Last edited:
I thought that too until I saw the chassis on the Jumpshot.. I am guessing the provider of the Stinger made them a special stadium truck as well.

The ST is available for immediate shipment though.. definitely cool for the money but parts? IDK. I just scored an xl5 bandit for free from my brother. Even gave me a vxl3s system with it. I can't believe a $170 brushed buggy comes with bushings instead of bearings in this day and age? Wow! Talk about greedy,LOL.

The ST is available for immediate shipment though.. definitely cool for the money but parts? IDK. I just scored an xl5 bandit for free from my brother. Even gave me a vxl3s system with it. I can't believe a $170 brushed buggy comes with bushings instead of bearings in this day and age? Wow! Talk about greedy,LOL.
I think Traxxas still uses bushings in their brushed stuff too.
So uh, anyone else see the estimated ship date for the stinger buggy? 6/23/23? Cool as heck for $50 though.
The Stinger looks like it went back to regular price on my end.

I think Traxxas still uses bushings in their brushed stuff too.

The Stinger looks like it went back to regular price on my end.
Yes the TRX brushed stuff still comes with bushings unfortunately.
The Stinger is still available with radio for $50 but unfortunately they're backordered till 6/23/23.
The XL-5 equipped 2wd vehicles are indeed still equipped with bushings. Only the VXL models come with bearings. It should be noted however, that the transmissions are bearing supported regardless of model.
That's good to know. I've already installed the vxl system but with the brushed gearing it's a bit slow.. I'm thinking of putting rustler arms and tires on it and keep the bandit body.

Back