Typhon Stock Electronics Typhon 6S - 98MPH

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don’t use AVC or gyros to run, I completely disabled the AVC so it can’t be used no matter the position of the AVC knob. I just did a run on the Typhon 30 minutes ago, since I just cleaned it from getting dirty on the track yesterday. Looks like a better road, video is uploading now. With 29/50, I get 93-95. I still feel it drives much smoother than the Infraction. Could be because I’m more comfortable with buggies though.
Infraction has much stiffer and shorter shocks. Which makes it more suited for higher speeds. Longer and Softer, more plush shocks, are actually a disadvantage at some point for high speeds.
Racing at the track in Competition doesn't allow any Gyro or AVC/Rx equipped Model. Not even at Club level racing. Sanctioned racing.
Yeah you need to disable AVC during the bind process. Merely turning down AVC ALL the way doesn't truly disable it.
I seen one YT'er brought his TLRT to the track and he was banned from racing it, because his Castle ESC was Not ROAR Approved. Some tracks are tight with their rules. I think it has to do mostly with the Reverse and Timing parameters? Not 100% sure.
"Blinky" Type ROAR Approved ESC's are only allowed most of the time.
Think ROAR approved Tekin, HW and McClan Race ESC's only fit the bill.

Last edited:
Infraction has much stiffer and shorter shocks. Which makes it more suited for higher speeds. Longer and Softer, more plush shocks, are actually a disadvantage at some point for high speeds.
Racing at the track in Competition doesn't allow any Gyro or AVC/Rx equipped Model. Not even at Club level racing. Sanctioned racing.
Yeah you need to disable AVC during the bind process. Merely turning down AVC ALL the way doesn't truly disable it.
I seen one YT'er brought his TLRT to the track and he was banned from racing it, because his Castle ESC was Not ROAR Approved. Some tracks are tight with their rules. I think it has to do mostly with the Reverse and Timing parameters? Not 100% sure.
"Blinky" Type ROAR Approved ESC's are only allowed most of the time.
Think ROAR approved Tekin, HW and McClan Race ESC's only fit the bill.
I disable AVC completely, not just the knob. When you disable it, the knob becomes steering dual rate. The track here doesn’t care which ESC you run as long as it’s 4S or less and no bigger than 1/8 scale. Pretty relaxed, though some buggies are pricey! I did cut the wing on the Infraction yesterday and got 106MPH out of the stock electronics.

IMG_4733.jpeg

106MPH? Wow.
With what Tires again?? Stockers?
Yeah the wing would need trimming for sure. Or you get too much rear down force. Nose would lift too easily. at high speeds. The wing should be adjusted low and set rearward. IMHO.
For the track I would would want it high and more forward. With the low/ shorter "wickerbill" in place. Wing Not trimmed. Better Track steering and rotation results.
The Typhon body itself on the track doesn't have enough downforce. Many state. I have a PL Axis Typhon body I want to try. Better suited for track running.
Just my 2 cents.

I disable AVC completely, not just the knob. When you disable it, the knob becomes steering dual rate. The track here doesn’t care which ESC you run as long as it’s 4S or less and no bigger than 1/8 scale. Pretty relaxed, though some buggies are pricey! I did cut the wing on the Infraction yesterday and got 106MPH out of the stock electronics.

View attachment 302012

That is very impressive. Going fast gets expensive really fast.
I always say this, but the most fun I had was around this 95-110 mph range. Beyond that it just gets to be a money pit LOL

106MPH? Wow.
With what Tires again?? Stockers?
Yeah the wing would need trimming for sure. Or you get too much rear down force. Nose would lift too easily. at high speeds. The wing should be adjusted low and set rearward. IMHO.
For the track I would would want it high and more forward. With the low/ shorter "wickerbill" in place. Wing Not trimmed. Better Track steering and rotation results.
The Typhon body itself on the track doesn't have enough downforce. Many state. I have a PL Axis Typhon body I want to try. Better suited for track running.
Just my 2 cents.
I used the Felony rear tires all around on the Infraction. The stock tires don’t like more than 90MPH without blowing off the wheels, no matter how much glue!

^^^ I would kill to have a road like that. I have to drive an hour to get close.

Interesting that you are running (4) 53/107 Felony rear tire Hoons there.
Most speed runners don't run them.
Not the best Tires for traction. I have them also. They are too tall IMHO.
42/100 Hoons or GRP's are better.
But running those is getting you more speed from the extra tire "Rollout", no doubt. (y)
Being a positive Offset gets you a wider wheelbase for sure.(y)
Did you raise the body to get them in there?
Looks like they rub the Fenders though.....

Last edited:
^^^ I would kill to have a road like that. I have to drive an hour to get close.

Interesting that you are running (4) 53/107 Felony rear tire Hoons there.
Most speed runners don't run them.
Not the best Tires for traction. I have them also. They are too tall IMHO.
42/100 Hoons or GRP's are better.
But running those is getting you more speed from the extra tire "Rollout", no doubt. (y)
Being a positive Offset gets you a wider wheelbase for sure.(y)
Fortunately, the road is only 10 minutes from me. On this course asphalt, the tires do very well. The stock tires only got me to 92MPH on the Typhon before blowing out. Even then, I didn’t lose control. The most difficult part is when I have cross wind, but passed 50MPH, it doesn’t make a difference.

Fortunately, the road is only 10 minutes from me. On this course asphalt, the tires do very well. The stock tires only got me to 99MPH before blowing out. Even then, I didn’t lose control. The most difficult part is when I have cross wind, but passed 50MPH, it doesn’t make a difference.
You would love the GRP XM3s or similar compounds. Great grip and is pretty reliable to 130+MPH speeds.
I ran the same set for over a year with zero issues.

What state are you in? Looks very much like New Mexico/Colorado/Arizona/Utah desert climate.

You would love the GRP XM3s or similar compounds. Great grip and is pretty reliable to 130+MPH speeds.
I ran the same set for over a year with zero issues.

What state are you in? Looks very much like New Mexico/Colorado/Arizona/Utah desert climate.
My buddy has those same tires on his Infraction. Awesome tires! I put them on my Typhon 6S just for fun and they handle much better than stock (for road). I’m in Western Colorado.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back