Typhon Stock Electronics Typhon 6S - 98MPH

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dgitalchaos

Military Veteran
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Typhon 6s
I managed to get 95MPH on my basher Typhon 6S with stock tires/wheels, and 98MPH with the Hoons. I also have an Infraction 6S. Which do you guys think would be better to turn into a speed running RC? The Infraction so far is only 2MPH faster (100MPH).

I managed to get 95MPH on my basher Typhon 6S with stock tires/wheels, and 98MPH with the Hoons. I also have an Infraction 6S. Which do you guys think would be better to turn into a speed running RC? The Infraction so far is only 2MPH faster (100MPH).

Good speed for stock electronics...whatever you do,don't BUY A CASTLE ESC FOR IT....you will be addicted an it'll take over your life just to pick up 1 mph😆😅🤣😂

Nice! The best I ever managed with a similar ratio (24/36) in one of my Typhons was 81 mph but that wasn't a full-throttle pull due to the traffic on the busy road that I run on.

I don't have the road for a triple-digit top-speed rig but if I did I would convert my only Infraction before I converted any 1 of my 3 Typhons.

That's a harder decision. I own typhon and infraction too and now they both speedrun lol.
The typhon got me hooked. Infraction will most likely be faster

Nice! The best I ever managed with a similar ratio (24/36) in one of my Typhons was 81 mph but that wasn't a full-throttle pull due to the traffic on the busy road that I run on.

I don't have the road for a triple-digit top-speed rig but if I did I would convert my only Infraction before I converted any 1 of my 3 Typhons.
Could been worse. He coulda tried to use a Senton. Lol
This is so impressive that I'm not sure what impresses more, the fact that those tires or the electronics managed those speeds.

Good speed for stock electronics...whatever you do,don't BUY A CASTLE ESC FOR IT....you will be addicted an it'll take over your life just to pick up 1 mph😆😅🤣😂
That’s what I’m afraid of 😂😂
Very impressive! Pretty surprised that little machine can do that with some Hoons and a giant pinion and no motor fan :oops:.

Nice!
Temps weren’t even that bad after 6 runs up and down. I didn’t get it all on video due to going out of rage.

It was just a quick test to compare to the infraction. On the same gearing and tires, the Infraction did 100MPH. I do need a longer road though.

Could been worse. He coulda tried to use a Senton. Lol
This is so impressive that I'm not sure what impresses more, the fact that those tires or the electronics managed those speeds.
My Infraction with stock electronics also managed those speeds. Actually, it hit 100MPH.

That's a harder decision. I own typhon and infraction too and now they both speedrun lol.
The typhon got me hooked. Infraction will most likely be faster
The Typhon feels more stable than the Infraction. Plus with a quick 5 minute gear change, the Typhon can rip off-road and doesn’t get stuck like the Infraction.

My Infraction with stock electronics also managed those speeds. Actually, it hit 100MPH.
Honestly I never would have thought Hoons or any stock tire would have been capable of those speeds. Usually I hear Hoons blow apart around 80mph. Stock tires, even less. Not disputing your videos, just baffled as to what you're doing that allows them to hold up to those speeds. Same with the electronics. If not for the videos, I would swear you were driving down a long steep road or towing it behind a Ferrari lol.
So the million dollar question is, what the hell are you doing that the rest of us missed???

Moaaa Down Force!! :cool:

200.gif

Honestly I never would have thought Hoons or any stock tire would have been capable of those speeds. Usually I hear Hoons blow apart around 80mph. Stock tires, even less. Not disputing your videos, just baffled as to what you're doing that allows them to hold up to those speeds. Same with the electronics. If not for the videos, I would swear you were driving down a long steep road or towing it behind a Ferrari lol.
So the million dollar question is, what the hell are you doing that the rest of us missed???
My cheat? I use full synthetic motor oil on the bearings. Tires are fully unmodified. I blew the stock Typhon tires at 95MPH. At the end of the video, you can see the hole in the tire and that it hasn’t been modded:

My cheat? I use full synthetic motor oil on the bearings. Tires are fully unmodified. I blew the stock Typhon tires at 95MPH. At the end of the video, you can see the hole in the tire and that it hasn’t been modded:
Hardly a cheat with the oil. Anyone using conventional oils or grease on their bearings, especially in a speed runner needs a smack upside the head. I guess you are or have been lucky with the tires. Heck I had a Hoon self destruct at 63mph, but honestly, running head on into that Kraton that day just might have contributed to that. Maybe just a little lol
Now KBash's guess seems really good so my next question is: hybrid bearings, right?

With Stock electrics, you will reach a speed Wall barrier at some point. You might be there already, maxxed out..:unsure: Impressive driving. The only way to get a stocker Typhon, wheels and all to those speeds. Nice job.
Obvious to me that the Infraction is where you should put all your apples into for real speeds. Use a better Aero Body however. Otherwise the Infr. body will just eat up the Lipo Amps real fast. Amp cutting galore. Need a slippery body. Good Lipos and a Cap pack and fans for moral support is a given. Aside from upgrading to better electrics altogether.
What Pinion and Spur did you run there?
My 2 cents.
:cool:

Hardly a cheat with the oil. Anyone using conventional oils or grease on their bearings, especially in a speed runner needs a smack upside the head. I guess you are or have been lucky with the tires. Heck I had a Hoon self destruct at 63mph, but honestly, running head on into that Kraton that day just might have contributed to that. Maybe just a little lol
Now KBash's guess seems really good so my next question is: hybrid bearings, right?
Regular bearings, nothing special about them. I remove every bearing, pop off the seals, clean the grease out, and then oil them with full synthetic oil and put the seals back on. I’ve been doing this for over 15 years on my RCs, even the larger tra**as RCs. Only bearings I’ve ever blown was from overhearing a .28 SH nitro engine.
With Stock electrics, you will reach a speed Wall barrier at some point. You might be there already, maxxed out..:unsure: Impressive driving. The only way to get a stocker Typhon, wheels and all to those speeds. Nice job.
Obvious to me that the Infraction is where you should put all your apples into for real speeds. Use a better Aero Body however. Otherwise the Infr. body will just eat up the Lipo Amps real fast. Amp cutting galore. Need a slippery body. Good Lipos and a Cap pack and fans for moral support is a given. Aside from upgrading to better electrics altogether.
What Pinion and Spur did you run there?
My 2 cents.
:cool:
I’m pretty sure I’m at the barrier or super close to it as well.

I’m liking the Infraction for speed runs, especially since it’ll easily fit larger batteries without mods. I’m looking at the Corvette body for the Infraction, as it’s beautiful and functional. I’ll probably make my own cap pack as well. I’ve ordered the Max 6 with the 1650kv motor as well, but I’m not looking for super high speeds.

In the video, I was running 29/46.

Last edited:
Regular bearings, nothing special about them. I remove every bearing, pop off the seals, clean the grease out, and then oil them with full synthetic oil and put the seals back on. I’ve been doing this for over 15 years on my RCs, even the larger tra**as RCs. Only bearings I’ve ever blown was from overhearing a .28 SH nitro engine.

I’m pretty sure I’m at the barrier or super close to it as well.

I’m liking the Infraction for speed runs, especially since it’ll easily fit larger batteries without mods. I’m looking at the Corvette body for the Infraction, as it’s beautiful and functional. I’ll probably make my own cap pack as well. I’ve ordered the Max 6 with the 1650kv motor as well, but I’m not looking for super high speeds.

In the video, I was running 29/46.
Which Corvette body? I did a Senton speed build couple years ago. Max6/1650 geared 34/40. 104mph stock body. Switched to Protoforms Corvette C7 swb body, dropped gearing to 30/40 and got my PB 129mph
Screenshot_20210928-013709_Gallery.jpg
20220530_214059.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back