Rlaarlo Omni Terminator Monster Truck

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is anybody tired of MJX just give number names for their RC line up. Haha Why not a "Name"? I can see that the code: 10208 is... 10 for their scale, as for 208, I have no idea at all. For their model 14301, what is the meaning of 301? LoL My brain kinder hurts trying to remember numbers haha
14 - scale
3 - offroad lineup
01 - first model, room for more than 9 models by adding the 0. Also, I think this makes the model no. different than parts, eg shock tower is 16170 without a 0 in the middle. Not sure on that though.

That's my guess

Well my steering servo took a crap, acts like it has static. Fine twitching while centered? Going to see what rlaarlo says, but most likely this will be an out of pocket repair.

14 - scale
3 - offroad lineup
01 - first model, room for more than 9 models by adding the 0. Also, I think this makes the model no. different than parts, eg shock tower is 16170 without a 0 in the middle. Not sure on that though.

That's my guess

Off road lineup? That's odd because the 14301 is a On road Drifter Truck.
See picture of the 1/14th scale Black Truck. Most people call this the mini 3S Arrma Infraction.

20231029_120634_HDR.jpg

Would be great If this topic would be about the Omni and not any other random Chinese car. So Back to topic: this ist my Carbon Omni with Max10 60A ESC and Flysky GT5:

1000033257.jpg

I confirmed with Rlaarlo that the servo can handle 7.4V and tested it yesterday. It is much faster. Here is the comparison:

The overall quality is very nice. The only thing I do not like ist the fact that they use very small screws which may become an issue.

Tires are sct 1/10 scale, I have tried a few different sets of 2.8 mt tires. They fit and are awesome but overheat the motor.

Gearing down is not going to happen. Spur is maxed and you can't move the 3650 motor in due to the Driveline. This leaves the option of swapping motors but the tiny metal spur doesn't look 3660 durable.

The larger pinion on stock tire is awesome but also a thermal issue. So I am still pondering my next move.

Well my mail order steering servo didn't fit by 2mm. So I went to my local hobby store and nothing fit. I was standing there contemplating buying a shorty servo and drilling a few holes in the chassis. Not worth it, don't need to be hacking some new RC car apart.

Going to put pack it back in the brown box it came in and say give me my money back.

Well my mail order steering servo didn't fit by 2mm. So I went to my local hobby store and nothing fit. I was standing there contemplating buying a shorty servo and drilling a few holes in the chassis. Not worth it, don't need to be hacking some new RC car apart.

Going to put pack it back in the brown box it came in and say give me my money back.
Man, sounds like that truck has been giving you a run for your money.

Tried a AGFCR 10.5kg since I wanted a real servo. I can't find a JX servo that is 3-4 days away.
The odd servo size was the main reason I hesitated to get the car. That is why I got the RTR carbon and not the roller, even though I wanted to change ESC and remote anyway and had a motor lying around. There are only a very few choices and they are either very expensive or lower performing. Rlaarlo announced an option part to mount standard sized servos recently, that might be the best solution, but it is not available yet.

1000033306.png

The odd servo size was the main reason I hesitated to get the car. That is why I got the RTR carbon and not the roller, even though I wanted to change ESC and remote anyway and had a motor lying around. There are only a very few choices and they are either very expensive or lower performing. Rlaarlo announced an option part to mount standard sized servos recently, that might be the best solution, but it is not available yet.

Same reason why I went RTR. The stock electronics just needed to get me 30-60 days out so I feel like I got something out of them. Just happened to have the difficult part fail first. Searching eBay for a servo that isn't coming by boat is frustrating.

Rlaarlo says my gyro is on, I contacted my credit card. They really screwed up with offering to many features on the controller. They are also using the controller as an excuse at this point for most problems. Literally could have just sent me a $5 servo and $3 cv axle.

Back