New HOBBYWING 12s!!! max 5 g2 and motors?!?!?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not in the minority. TP seems capable of withstanding more abuse than almost every other motor on the market. Better components help. Honestly, I only ever owned one other motor I felt held up just as good in regards to heat and durability and that's my HW 4985 1650kv.
They can take a lot of punishment because they can pull tons of amps. If you try to run those motors for bashing. Run times will be complete dogshit

They can take a lot of punishment because they can pull tons of amps. If you try to run those motors for bashing. Run times will be complete dogshit
Hence why it's always said Castle for speed runs and HW for bashers

Hence why it's always said Castle for speed runs and HW for bashers
My bad. You meant motor and not esc
I almost want to say a TP can bash as well if not better than HWs motors. Bashing does generate heat with all the stop and go.
My bad. You meant motor and not esc
I almost want to say a TP can bash as well if not better than HWs motors. Bashing does generate heat with all the stop and go.
But you are right about the reduced runtimes

I'm just fine with my run times and at least 20 of 35 of my rigs have tp motors. Not all tp motors are amp hogs either. I hardly ever go below storage charge and I be ready to go inside. Infact, the 1650kv hobbywing doesn't do any better for run times.

The best keeps getting better while the competition just goes up in flames with more “read the fine print” excuses! 🔥

1/8 motors options non existant unless you want to use a 2600kv or a massive 4985. 2200kv has been discontinued.
Screenshot_20230530-075502_Samsung Internet.jpg

People are now forced either buy their new sensored combos for 1/8 scale or put s 1/6 scale motor

which means you have no real world experience
I wonder why spec sheets exist. Totally not there to help decide which motor to buy for a project. I guess i should spend hundres of dollars to find out if they are lying about their specs qnd actually are not that power hungry
I have MMX8S/1717 combos in a Kraton and Fireteam and they both pull 370+ amps during every run.
🥴
I have MMX8S/1717 combos in a Kraton and Fireteam and they both pull 370+ amps during every run.
You should plug a TP motor in and see how much amps it draws for science. After all we need real life experiences. Screw the spec sheets lol

Last edited:
You should plug a TP motor in and see how much amps it draws for science. After all we need real life experiences. Screw the spec sheets lol
TP unfortunately does not make a motor similar in size to the 1717/4985. Otherwise I would own one.

I wonder why spec sheets exist. Totally not there to help decide which motor to buy for a project. I guess i should spend hundres of dollars to find out if they are lying about their specs qnd actually are not that power hungry

🥴

At least we all agree on TP motors 😂

IMG_9596.png

And are you saying amps > volts? I was wondering if 12s would have the motor run cooler than 8s geared for the same speed.
12s will pull less amps than 8s, all other things being equal. Actually easier on the ESC, but it does make more heat in the motor.
And then my hobby shop has trouble getting me 8 gauge wire never mind 10.
10 gauge wire is smaller than 8 gauge. And 10 gauge is one of the most common sizes there is. 8, 7, and even 6 gauge are also very common in the RC community. Don’t know why/how your LHS doesn’t know this.
That’s ridiculous, and I don’t know what the purpose of that chart is, but it must be for some very high voltage industrial applications or systems with many multiple component draws. At over 0.56” diameter 00cable is roughly the size of your thumb, man. Much larger than the battery leads on your 1:1 car.

Last edited:
12s will pull less amps than 8s, all other things being equal. Actually easier on the ESC, but it does make more heat in the motor.

10 gauge wire is smaller than 8 gauge. And 10 gauge is one of the most common sizes there is. 8, 7, and even 6 gauge are also very common in the RC community. Don’t know why/how your LHS doesn’t know this.

That’s ridiculous, and I don’t know what the purpose of that chart is, but it must be for some very high voltage industrial applications or systems with many multiple component draws. At over 0.56” diameter 00cable is roughly the size of your thumb, man. Much larger than the battery leads on your 1:1 car.
That chart is for yacht wiring.

I wonder is it just the super short duration these systems are seeing the amperage that allows it to not burn up? I mean 600 amps from even 6 gauge wire is a ridiculous amount. Also do we know how accurate the data log’s really are? Something I’ve questioned in the past but I don’t understand

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back