Mojave New Arrma Mojave 4s.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This could possibly turn my 6S Mojo into a shelf queen. The size of this makes it quite a bit easier to transport and run in smaller spaces that would be too confined for the it's big brother. If I do get one, it'd probably be second hand or on sale...I'm not a huge fan of the price tag.

Another observation, I think this would be a blast to run in muddy conditions due to the new built in chassis protector.
Question.
Several people in this thread have mentioned the car's size in relation to size of the bash area.
Unless you are driving the cars in really tiny areas like most back yards, what's the problem with running a big car? I just put a 3S or 4S battery in my 6S Mojave and have fun regardless.

Question.
Several people in this thread have mentioned the car's size in relation to size of the bash area.
Unless you are driving the cars in really tiny areas like most back yards, what's the problem with running a big car? I just put a 3S or 4S battery in my 6S Mojave and have fun regardless.

Size and power/weight. I have sooo much fun ripping my 4s rigs around my neighborhood. My 6s rigs just are not near as flickable and fun around tighter corners and small areas.

Same as saying driving your corvette around a go-cart track is just as fun as a go-cart, just go slower. Not the same at all.

Ohhhhh - a 4s Talion maybe? That would be pretty sweet.

FYI - these are all toys you know....
If they use the mojave chassis now its going to be longer than the actual talion or same in size
Question.
For example ur backyard could take a 3s or 4 truck jumping but a 6s or 8s no because you will run out of room

I run everything in a fairly small area, I barely hit top speed ever with my stuff. 2s through 8s all on the same little track. I'm glad to not be chasing mph actually. Gets expensive quickly, then add high speed crashing.. Nah, I'm good with my little track on my little slice of american pie.😁😎🍻

Ohhhhh - a 4s Talion maybe? That would be pretty sweet.

FYI - these are all toys you know....
I'm a Big Boy now.
I don't play with Toys, I drive RC models.:p
If they use the mojave chassis now its going to be longer than the actual talion or same in size

For example ur backyard could take a 3s or 4 truck jumping but a 6s or 8s no because you will run out of room
I just run 4s packs with my 6s rigs, even sometimes single 3s packs with my TLRT Typhon, when running space is an issue.
I run everything in a fairly small area, I barely hit top speed ever with my stuff. 2s through 8s all on the same little track. I'm glad to not be chasing mph actually. Gets expensive quickly, then add high speed crashing.. Nah, I'm good with my little track on my little slice of american pie.😁😎🍻
There is something to be said for Confined Technical driving. (y)(y)

Balls to wall flat out, in wide open fields is another thing altogether.

As they say... Speed kills.:giggle:
Whatever floats your boat and works for you.:cool:

Last edited:
I'm a Big Boy now.
I don't play with Toys, I drive RC models.:p

I just run 4s packs with my 6s rigs, even sometimes single 3s packs with my TLRT Typhon, when running space is an issue.
I do appreciate the aluminum chassis of the Arrma 6s, have had good experiences with TRX plastic as well as the Kaiju. I see no reason a plastic chassis can't suffice. My brother's hot rodded Vorteks boost has been run on 3 and 4s pretty hard. Rear diff finally gave up after he put 2.8 Badlands on it..shoulda stuck with the TRX Alias rustler tires I think.🤷‍♂️

TRX does have decent plastics. My TRX-4 at least.
But Alloy chassis' are my thing.
That RedCat Brand thing gives me PTSD.....sorry.:cautious: Yet many just love that Kaiju.:unsure: I get that.

TRX does have decent plastics. My TRX-4 at least.
But Alloy chassis' are my thing.
That RedCat Brand thing gives me PTSD.....sorry.:cautious: Yet many just love that Kaiju.:unsure: I get that.
I get it. Aside of the Kaiju, my Redcat experience has been terrible too. Definitely not top shelf caliber in any sense.
Took me almost 2 years to get my brother to even try 4s in a 6s rig.. he now declares that 4s is perfect in the 6s Typhon, so much more fun. It's really relative to where you run for sure. A 4s Talion in an open area isn't very satisfying I agree. But TBH, I bore of bashing in open spaces quickly. I need obstacles to navigate (or run into) otherwise I lose interest..

Last edited:
There is something to be said for Confined Technical driving. (y)(y)
That is why I like the racing side of RC ! You should have seen my last Friday night on the 1/8 dirt track , 11 1/8 Truggies all sliding around fighting for position !!!
To me , the big 1/8 dirt track with rather large jumps is like bashing , but with a finish line !!!! So much fun !!!!

That is why I like the racing side of RC ! You should have seen my last Friday night on the 1/8 dirt track , 11 1/8 Truggies all sliding around fighting for position !!!
To me , the big 1/8 dirt track with rather large jumps is like bashing , but with a finish line !!!! So much fun !!!!
Just wish I had a track in my area to race at. I would be there in a hurry!

I get it. Aside of the Kaiju, my Redcat experience has been terrible too. Definitely not top shelf caliber in any sense.

Took me almost 2 years to get my brother to even try 4s in a 6s rig.. he now declares that 4s is perfect in the 6s Typhon, so much more fun. It's really relative to where you run for sure. A 4s Talion in an open area isn't very satisfying I agree. But TBH, I bore of bashing in open spaces quickly. I need obstacles to navigate (or run into) otherwise I lose interest..
I have to agree about confined technical driving. It takes way more skill and dialing in. And never gets boring IMHO. It's more of a challenge.
Many feel 6s platforms always need 6s and some even 8s packs. The beauty of 6s electrics is that you can always run less voltage, compared to a 3s or 4s Type ESC.. (100amp/120amp ESC's)

I have to agree about confined technical driving. It takes way more skill and dialing in. And never gets boring IMHO. It's more of a challenge.
Many feel 6s platforms always need 6s and some even 8s packs. The beauty of 6s electrics is that you can always run less voltage, compared to a 3s or 4s Type ESC.. (100amp/120amp ESC's)
That's how our rock racing track is set up. Tight corners and a lot of technical terrain. Throttle mashers really struggle on this track.

Hammer Rey 83.jpg

I would love to buy one of these new 4s Mo's , slap on my 1/8 buggy tires for the dirt and go run it out on the 1/8 dirt track !!!
Now that I have raced on all 3 off road surfaces at my LHS , wow , what a difference of surface , from ultra high grip carpet on the med size indoor track , to the med grip outdoor large turf track that traction changes as the day goes on , then to the big 1/8 dirt track loose / low grip that also traction changes as racing and temps drop .

Last edited:
Arrma essentially used the same sales strategy as they did with the 6S platform 3 years ago.

Soon we'll see a wide arm RTR on this XXLTOY chassis. :troll:
A Kraton 4s is 450mm wide, a Kraton 6s is 461mm wide, a Mojave 6s is 355mm wide. The Mojave 4s is 638mm long, that is longer then a Kraton 6s.

I would consinder the Kraton 4s already the wide arm ready to run xxltoy chassis RC.

Actually, I would not consider the term toy anymore :eek:

Would be nice to know the dboots fortress 2.4 tires specs, might be a great Typhon/TyJave option between buggy and truggy. Mojave tires are a bit too wide/heavy for the track, and typhon tires are too light/narrow for air control.

IMG_2993.jpeg

IMG_3132.jpeg

Last edited:
Would be nice to know the dboots fortress 2.4 tires specs, might be a great Typhon/TyJave option between buggy and truggy. Mojave tires are a bit too wide/heavy for the track, and typhon tires are too light/narrow for air control.

View attachment 324653

View attachment 324655
The Mojo tires rub eh? What arms are you using?
I had to hack up the kraton body quite a bit to run with mojo arms and tires..still get an occasional grunt here and there when they rub. It's a distraction tool to break my bro's concentration!!😂😂

View attachment 324653

View attachment 324655

Not gonna lie. Your track carved into the woods looks like a little piece of heaven, brother.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back