Vendetta Most important things to tune?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome to the Forum.
I started by turning the rear shock springs all the way down. Then I put a screw in the Middel of the low drag wing to help hold it down to the body. Now this is the most important part find a good road to practice on. There is so much more to speed running, but this is a start.

I just got a new Vendetta and I would like some tips on what to tune for ideal speed runs. Any help would be appreciated!
The cardinal rule is that the rear can never have the opportunity to droop lower than the front. If it does, your car will catch air in the front and blow over. Many replace the rear shocks with struts to ensure this never happens.
Work your way up in your speeds while paying attention to how the car handles. Suspension and chassis tuning is the most important element. It’s super easy to put down huge power, but if you can’t control the car and do straight runs then all the power in the world just really doesn’t matter.

I just got a new Vendetta and I would like some tips on what to tune for ideal speed runs. Any help would be appreciated!

Do a quick Search >>
Look up K-Bash

His threads on Speedruns will give you tons of info.

And definitely find a LOOONG ,Clear road to practice..

A splitter will help , should of come with one. Dboots in place of the stock 11s are better imo.

Replace the stock wheels and tires with Hoons white labels. If you want more grip, try the Hoons gold labels: they grip well, but they wear quickly.

I have the Infraction 3s, which is the same chassis as the Vendetta. I have 3d printed aero chassis skirts and carbon fiber splitters, and I run the Hoons white labels most of the time. I'm running a sensored Castle Copperhead 10 SCT 3200kv system with a 23T pinion to prevent cogging.

Infraction aero panel bottom view.jpg

Id recommend GRP tires over the Hoons all day.
The J wheel is the harder plastic wheel.

As mentioned number 1 is getting the car to drive straight.
Once it is pushing 60+ mph you want to make sure the travel limiters are setup. This is usually done with nitro fuel tubing slid over the shock shaft. I setup my cars with the front limited from almost scraping and the rear setup with only 2-3mm of travel so that the rear is always sitting high and will help it not blow over.

The rest comes down to learning how to drive and working your way up slowly and safely. A good road is the hardest thing to find!

First thing is drop the ESC PUNCH LEVEL all the way down for starters.

Lots of good advice here but seriously, the first things tuned for a speedrun will always be your sack, your emotions and your common sense.
You need a mighty big pair going into this. Accept that you WILL crash MANY times and at least 2-10 of those crashes can result in total losses of your investments. This is the reason you need to have your emotions in check. Why bother trying if a total loss has you rage quiting? Or you are goaded into conducting a run on a sketchy road? And you finally found the most perfect stretch of road to conduct your speed run. However it's either in a high end neighborhood with tons of high end cars parked around or a normal neighborhood with kids playin', dogs fetchin', and folks strollin'. Common sense will show you how expensive this can be should you lose control and hit any of the above. Remember, nobody is offering insurance for this. And it's even worse if you live within the litigation happy US.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back