Infraction Hawkeye downs speed run

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can look on YT other people have done it with mixed success.

The main difference is when the foams fail, they loose pieces and don't catastrophically explode like the rubber ones.

It's highly unlikely that you will build the car, send it and get to 150 on the first day ... without a huge crash. The GRPs are grippy and will let you get the car dialed in. Then when you start getting some speed then try the foams.

I always check the tires before and after every run for strange wear patterns or damage. Also check the balance when I get home.

If you need an inexpensive balancer, I use this. The only mod is I had to put a 17mm nut on one side to fill the space.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B075L78CFS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Thank you Good to know about the foams at lest holding together some.

I am not thinking about the speed, that will come after a lot of testing.
I have been racing land speed motorcycles for twelve years. I am going to treat this like I do with my motorcycle. Test passes and collect data. Ratchet up the speed slowly. Bouncing and blowing over is one problem. Plus the track is a curve with a wall. I am trying to combine a dragster with an oval track car and come out of the turn then accelerate to speed and then slow down without loosing traction before the next turn. And like a motorcycle I am figuring I can only do one of those things at a time. Turn, accelerate and slowdown. So timing will play a part also.

Thank you Good to know about the foams at lest holding together some.

I am not thinking about the speed, that will come after a lot of testing.
I have been racing land speed motorcycles for twelve years. I am going to treat this like I do with my motorcycle. Test passes and collect data. Ratchet up the speed slowly. Bouncing and blowing over is one problem. Plus the track is a curve with a wall. I am trying to combine a dragster with an oval track car and come out of the turn then accelerate to speed and then slow down without loosing traction before the next turn. And like a motorcycle I am figuring I can only do one of those things at a time. Turn, accelerate and slowdown. So timing will play a part also.

That's a good plan, you and your RC will have a long and happy life!

Another pile of parts has arrived
The metal tops and collars for the front shocks
The metal center brace fittings

Metal differential housings and metal hubs.

The diff housings should be here along with gaskets for the differentials.

This should complete the roller and I can do a final assemble with all the screws and lock-tight.

Then it’s wheels tires and body.

IMG_5534.jpeg

These hubs are not just bling. They have much larger bearings and the rear has en extra bearing support.

IMG_5535.jpeg

Last edited:
Now I have a very solid metal backbone above the drivetrain.
Once the metal diff housings are in it’s all metal and carbon fiber around the drive shafts.

This round of parts consists of metal hubs with over size bearings
500,000 weight oil in the front metal diff
15,000 weight oil in the rear metal diff
5,000 weight oil in the all metal shocks
Stiffer springs at all four corners.
The metal A,B,Cand D blocks are in.
I still need the upper front suspension mount. The metal front spring seats and Diff housings and to do the final assembly.
I am leaving the control arms plastic. I think the will flex and survive any mishaps better than aluminum.

IMG_5538.jpeg

Back