Limitless Speed run bearings?????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gordo

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Rig of the Month Winner
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Limitless
What is the bearings of choice.? I'm running Fast Eddy ceramic, is there any better bearing out there, I did have 1 let go on my spool shaft but not sure if it was ceramic, came from island hobby nut. It was there iron man spool for v2 limitless. Just orderd 8x16x5 and 6x16x5 ceramics, figures I had everything but the 6x16x5 from the 1 side of the shaft and I figure to get more 8,s for the other.

I ran the entire season last year on cheap original bearings.
I oil all the bearings after 2-3 runs. The only one that died was a spool bearing.

The oil comes flying out pretty quickly so re-oiling is key for their survival.

I ran the entire season last year on cheap original bearings.
I oil all the bearings after 2-3 runs. The only one that died was a spool bearing.

The oil comes flying out pretty quickly so re-oiling is key for their survival.
What is your process for oiling them after 2-3 runs? What oil do you use?

What is your process for oiling them after 2-3 runs? What oil do you use?

Wipe off all the dirt and grease. Use air blower some times too.
Re oil with the long needle type bottle.

I have been using this purple synthetic oil. I think it was made/sold by Acer bearings.

Example of the needle bottle (makes the job much easier and less mess)

1700166310207.png

Wipe off all the dirt and grease. Use air blower some times too.
Re oil with the long needle type bottle.

I have been using this purple synthetic oil. I think it was made/sold by Acer bearings.

Example of the needle bottle (makes the job much easier and less mess)

View attachment 332204
Thanks. Do you remove the rubber gaskets for this?

Oil every pass, friction is the enemy. The ball bearing will let go when it's had enough slop between inner/outer race.

I've been thinking about automating a servo with pump to get some fresh fill from a reservoir during a pass on the diff bearings. The problem lies in the hubs and stainless line to transfer and rigidly mount. Similar to a variable oil pump in a two-stroke based on throttle pull.

Oil every pass, friction is the enemy. The bearing will let go when it's had enough slop between inner/outer race.
Yeah so this is a great point to expand on.
It depends on how fast you are going and the power level you are running.

I ran all year on the bearings but stayed in the 100-150mph range for all runs.

High power 8s runs over 160mph should be oiled each run.
Really high power dual motor runs you may have to replace diff input bearings each run and require close inspection.

Nothing for nothing the ball bearing was 1st patented in 1794, you would think 230 years later that we wouldn't have to oil are bearings after a speed run. I personally think with all the technology and different metals and lubes we would of figure this out by now. I wonder if the alien race has the same issue's with there rc,s.
If that's all true with boca bearings it beats taking your poop all apart to oil your bearings after every speedrun.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back