LiPo Testing And The Spreadsheet

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What's it looking like? Which set did you get?
I don't have fully charged numbers yet as not going out today, but some cells were at 15. None of my smc or decent lipo haven numbers even approaching that high Irregardless of charging status. I got the regular yellow 4s 9000 mah packs

I don't have fully charged numbers yet as not going out today, but some cells were at 15. None of my smc or decent lipo haven numbers even approaching that high Irregardless of charging status. I got the regular yellow 4s 9000 mah packs
That sucks! 🙄 I'd go ahead and send an email. I got one from chnl like that a couple months ago, sent an email, picture of IR out of whack and they send me another battery for free.

1671997185792.png

1671997206390.png

Better than the 15 it was at, the first time I plugged them in. I think this is not bad?

Might have been cold when you first measured it? Temp will affect the IR. Those numbers look decent. Not a premium brand, but they shouldn't give you any issues running them.
Now that you mention it they were pretty fresh from the mailbox and they were COLD.

View attachment 264978
View attachment 264979

Better than the 15 it was at, the first time I plugged them in. I think this is not bad?
Cycle them a few times on your charger. The IRs will improve. That being said, None of my Liperior lipos have had more than 3 or 4 mOhm IR out of the box. Hopefully yours were just cold or something. Ive never seen cells drop more than a few mOhms even after 15 cycles so given that yours have dropped significantly, Id guess it was something like the cold affecting them.

This newbie has no idea how to interpret the data on that spreadsheet. I appreciate all the work Greywolf has done, but can someone just tell me which brand/model of battery came out on top? I see from one of Greywolf postings that he uses liperior, and CNHL G+. I assume those two brands came out on top?

This newbie has no idea how to interpret the data on that spreadsheet. I appreciate all the work Greywolf has done, but can someone just tell me which brand/model of battery came out on top? I see from one of Greywolf postings that he uses liperior, and CNHL G+. I assume those two brands came out on top?
Those 2 brands are great for the money but not "top"

What's "top" then in your opinion?
I think those would be the onyx and SMC packs. The ones all the speed runners are using.

The LiPos with the highest Voltage Under Load scores are pretty much going to be the best ones. Generally speaking the ones with the best Voltage Under Load are also going to have the better IRs and True C Ratings. If youre just looking for the best bang for the buck, find the lipos with the highest Voltage Under Load that are at a price point that fits your budget. Just bear in mind prices of a lot of the lipos on the list have gone up (like everything else) over the last 6 months so you may want to look up the current prices.

Best bang for the buck LiPos imho would be Liperior (yellow packs), Liperior pro, CNHL G+ Series, and Zippy Compact. Those are in no particular order. There are technically better batteries but theyre a lot more expensive so unless you are racing one of those packs would be my recommendation. If youre just looking for the best performing lipo regardless of cost thats pretty much going to be the ones with the highest Voltage Under Load ratings with the next important category being % of mAh vs Actual mAh rating (Under Load). That being said you have to make sure the Actual mAh Rating is at least close to the Stated mAh Rating. A LiPo could supply 100% of its Actual mAh Rating (Under Load) but if the Actual mAh Rating is 1000mAh lower than the Stated mAh Rating on the pack then the % of mAh vs Actual mAh (under Load) doesn't really mean as much. I hope that makes sense. If this is confusing for anyone let me know and Ill see if I can break it down a different way.

Ive uploaded a second copy of the spreadsheet that is sorted by highest Voltage Under Load to make it easier. its the spreadsheet that has (VUL) at the end of the file name.

The Liperior endurance and the CNHL Racing packs are not very good so be careful which line of Liperior or CNHL youre buying.

Last edited:
The best lipo battery is in the RX box and its ran on NITRO!

You'll get the same amount of power till its empty. Then you add in more fuel (about 2 seconds worth) and your back at it. :LOL::p
Nitro loud and slow, I think I could never give up the instant power electric provides for loudness worse performance and the only pro actually being increased run time. 😱

Nitro loud and slow, I think I could never give up the instant power electric provides for loudness worse performance and the only pro actually being increased run time. 😱
On a dirt track, no electric anything laps me with my Nitro. You only have so much traction. Running on flat grass toward a jump yeah, electric wins.

On a dirt track, no electric anything laps me with my Nitro. You only have so much traction. Running on flat grass toward a jump yeah, electric wins.
Being a fan of both, I like to think they both bring something unique and awesome to the realm of RC. I love the smell and sound of nitro but I also love the power of electrics.

Being a fan of both, I like to think they both bring something unique and awesome to the realm of RC. I love the smell and sound of nitro but I also love the power of electrics.
I totally get it, my post was more of a fun joke that apparently some get a$$ hurt about. I like to tell them I’ll look down at ya from the podium. 😎

Thing is, I build and drive them all. 👍🏻

I totally get it, my post was more of a fun joke that apparently some get a$$ hurt about. I like to tell them I’ll look down at ya from the podium. 😎

Thing is, I build and drive them all. 👍🏻
Lets drag race with your nitro :cool::ROFLMAO:

Lets drag race with your nitro :cool::ROFLMAO:
Never underestimate the power of a nitro engine. There are ready to run nitro cars on the market that are faster out of the box than most of the 6s lineup.

Never underestimate the power of a nitro engine. There are ready to run nitro cars on the market that are faster out of the box than most of the 6s lineup.
That's interesting, I'm not surprised to hear about faster top speeds but acceleration? I'd be surprised if he has any nitro car that would beat one of my electric rigs in a drag race and I don't even drag race. I also don't own a single stock rig though so it would definitely be a TP motor and an XLX2 :eek: :ROFLMAO:

That's interesting, I'm not surprised to hear about faster top speeds but acceleration? I'd be surprised if he has any nitro car that would beat one of my electric rigs in a drag race and I don't even drag race. I also don't own a single stock rig though so it would definitely be a TP motor and an XLX2 :eek: :ROFLMAO:

I’ll build any electric platform you choose for both of us. I’ll fly out to you or drive, I win you pay my travel. You win I’ll pay my travel fees to you.

I’d say we also both build a Nitro platform to drag race but you can’t….

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back