Hota S6 400 watts on AC power!?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK, what I wanted to avoid, I did lol. Bought some random 24V 1000W PS off amazon and will hope it works. idk why some cost 4x as much and sound the same. Guess I'll find out.

The F6 is About $130 now (from real stores, not $110).
For $20 more, I decided to get a P6 and an ISDT p10. Still 4 channels, tiny bit more capacity, and hedge my against a single 4channel one, and get to try an ISDT one.

OK, what I wanted to avoid, I did lol. Bought some random 24V 1000W PS off amazon and will hope it works. idk why some cost 4x as much and sound the same. Guess I'll find out.

The F6 is About $130 now (from real stores, not $110).
For $20 more, I decided to get a P6 and an ISDT p10. Still 4 channels, tiny bit more capacity, and hedge my against a single 4channel one, and get to try an ISDT one.

Awesome, enjoy! I'm amazed that now you can get 2-channels and 500-600W for $65-75. Wow, that's impressive. Even with my being chea.... value-conscious, I could understand just getting 2 of them, to have 4 channels available. Lots of power & flexibility, and less "need" to parallel charge. And discharging could be handled quickly by a standalone discharger.

Please let us know how they all work out. For the benefit of others, do you have a link to the power supply?

I picked up an Amazon warehouse special 500W 24V PSU for like 15 bucks and it works fine. Generally, the lower the price, the lower the quality of components which can result in things like shorter life and more voltage fluctuation.

What I paid recently and they credited me 20% more back because the boxes arrived rather dented.

20230120_192844.jpg

I have my own discharge bank I built, can sustain 550 watts without issue. I use it on my icharger which supports 1000 watts external discharge.

View attachment 221774

View attachment 221775

I'm late to this particular party, but I just wanted to compliment you. This is awesome, thanks for sharing it.

I built something not-as-nice with a group of power resistors, for discharging packs. It was a long time ago, but I think I was using it with my 308Duo, as an external load (rather than just plugging the pack in directly). I had the resistors mounted to a piece of aluminum angle-stock, to help dissipate heat, but some of the resistors still failed anyhow. I assume I overheated them.

What you built is much nicer! Much larger heatsinks, to help manage the heat, plus big fans. You also used a lot more resistors than I did, which is smart, since you're putting less heat into each one. I think I was using 4 of them. That's a great setup.

I ended up with a different approach, for my external discharge load. I bought a cheap hair dryer, and used that. I opened it up, and tapped into the coils in such a way as to get a suitable resistance, for my 308Duo's output capabilities. Again, it was a long time ago, but I think I was able to dump about 500W into the hair dryer. As the output voltage increased, the fan (which, as I recall, I got to run on the supplied DC) would speed up, helping to manage the temperature of the coils. This worked pretty well for bringing things down quickly. And in addition to being several times faster, it also avoided cooking the charger the whole time, forcing it to dissipate all the heat internally.

If I was doing this again now, I'd probably look into using a group of 12V lightbulbs. In a series + parallel configuration, 2 or 3 in series, to deal the voltage going to them, and enough in parallel to handle the watts I was trying for.

What I paid recently and they credited me 20% more back because the boxes arrived rather dented.

View attachment 271603

Congratulations, but that doesn't really help me :) The only places I could find the F6 in stock it was $129, besides 2 shady sites I didn't trust who had it for $110. Even from China I think, but I typically don't buy stuff like this from china - can't deal with the headaches if you need to return, which I've found isn't that unlikely over the years. Still a good option though.
Awesome, enjoy! I'm amazed that now you can get 2-channels and 500-600W for $65-75. Wow, that's impressive. Even with my being chea.... value-conscious, I could understand just getting 2 of them, to have 4 channels available. Lots of power & flexibility, and less "need" to parallel charge. And discharging could be handled quickly by a standalone discharger.

Please let us know how they all work out. For the benefit of others, do you have a link to the power supply?
Sure - there's so many it was a pretty random pick of one of the cheapest ones. Hope it works - probably cheaper from China, but again I like to be able to return it easy if I have any issues (my fault or theirs). I got this one - the 24V 42A 1000W one for $56.

Last edited:
Congratulations, but that doesn't really help me :) The only places I could find the F6 in stock it was $129, besides 2 shady sites I didn't trust who had it for $110. Even from China I think, but I typically don't buy stuff like this from china - can't deal with the headaches if you need to return, which I've found isn't that unlikely over the years. Still a good option though.
I sent them a pic of dented boxes. They shipped them just in a plastic bag thing. 20% refund back. I was skeptical too with Aliexpress but have had no issues getting credited they have been fair.

I apologize if I made you feel some type of way I was only trying to help show where to find deals. You may have to wait for a sale but they come around. I have 2 F6's unopened I mentioned in a previous post if anyone wanted to buy them. I buy stuff when it's on sale.

Done helping take care all.

Sure - there's so many it was a pretty random pick of one of the cheapest ones. Hope it works - probably cheaper from China, but again I like to be able to return it easy if I have any issues (my fault or theirs). I got this one - the 24V 42A 1000W one for $56.
Cool! That looks good. And yeah, even if straight-from-China was $5 cheaper or something, I'd absolutely go with Amazon. Probably much simpler if you were to have a problem. I hope they all work out nicely!

Soo, I've had my 3s batts hooked up for a couple hours to my S6. They finished charging over an hour ago. Weird, they haven't gone over 4.204 per cell with trickle engaged?šŸ˜ŽšŸ˜‰
I will ad though, that the fact that there not holding 4.2 for any real length of time does give some indication that these $38 specials (per pair)aren't the best batteries money can buy,LOL šŸ»
Happy hunting, and be safe out there!!

1674263145117752924815376592715.jpg

Thanks. How did you get it for $15?
Easy, just check back tomorrow or next week,LOL. I'm joking of course, but amazon's algorithms and price gouging are real. I've seen prices swing quite a bit in just a matter of a day or two before. Up and down like a yo-yo. It's really no good when a company can manipulate the markets like they do..but that's how the world turns I guess.

I apologize if I made you feel some type of way I was only trying to help show where to find deals. You may have to wait for a sale but they come around. I have 2 F6's unopened I mentioned in a previous post if anyone wanted to buy them. I buy stuff when it's on sale.

Done helping take care all.

Oh no worries - I phrased that badly... and think I misunderstood your post anyway. You got me to change my mind into going with the DC PS... can't do better than that :)

Is there any harm in connecting and charging a gensacearespammers 3s 5300 mAh lipo with a Spectrum 4s 5000 mAh lipo on the same Hota S6 charger?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back