Hota S6 internal resistance?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Kraton 8S
  3. Notorious
Hoping someone can help me out here. I was under the impression I could review IR with this charger. Am I missing something that’s in clear site?

IMG_0818.jpeg

IMG_0817.jpeg

IMG_0816.jpeg

Dang so balance mode won’t show me IR? That’s a miss on Hota’s part IMO
I suppose so. Before the Hota S6, I never had a charger that gave me IR readings.. No cell checker in my inventory either. TBH, I'm not sure I really care about IR, I think it creates more confusion than anything else. Just my opinion of course, but I went years using lipo batteries without even knowing what IR was, well, at least not the term we're talking about here anyways. ;)
I mean, just because a cell or cells have high IR, doesn't mean it's unusable, nor can we realistically do anything to fix it. If one is racing or shooting for PB's speed running, it's good info, but for the average basher, doesn't mean much.

Internal resistance is an evaluation the charger does to project how much resistance the charger senses that the lipo has to electrical flow. Thereby, you would need an electrical flow in order to measure it. So if the lipo is static, you wouldn't be able to measure anything.

Charger has to be charging to measure IR. Once charging, cycle to be viewing a specific lipo and then use the scroll button, that should show you more info on that specific lipo as it's charging.

Internal resistance is an evaluation the charger does to project how much resistance the charger senses that the lipo has to electrical flow. Thereby, you would need an electrical flow in order to measure it. So if the lipo is static, you wouldn't be able to measure anything.

Charger has to be charging to measure IR. Once charging, cycle to be viewing a specific lipo and then use the scroll button, that should show you more info on that specific lipo as it's charging.
I thought balance charging was charging. I’ll try it on charge mode to see what pops up

I thought balance charging was charging. I’ll try it on charge mode to see what pops up
I thought the same thing as you. I used to have a Skyrc b6AC, which had "charge" and "Balance charge". If you didn't do balance charge, then it wouldn't balance your cells and you'd run the risk of overcharging a lipo cell.

However with newer chargers, they've essentially removed the function of non-balanced charge. Charge mode automatically balance charges. I have the Hota D6+, but i'm very confident that your S6 has very similar firmware. The "balance" function essentially just neutralizes all the cells to the same voltage.

I thought the same thing as you. I used to have a Skyrc b6AC, which had "charge" and "Balance charge". If you didn't do balance charge, then it wouldn't balance your cells and you'd run the risk of overcharging a lipo cell.

However with newer chargers, they've essentially removed the function of non-balanced charge. Charge mode automatically balance charges. I have the Hota D6+, but i'm very confident that your S6 has very similar firmware. The "balance" function essentially just neutralizes all the cells to the same voltage.
I concur. My S6 definitely balances even on "charge mode"..

Back