Typhon Hi Everyone. Would love to know what you think of my latest build.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks awesome!! Love the silver throughout! Great job! (y) 😁 ✌️

Holy smoke, that’s quite the basher! Very nice build, sir. But I have to ask, twelve shims in the center differential?!?! I’ve never heard of one needing that many. Makes me wonder if the aluminum diff case might have been a little out of whack.
But at any rate, that is one awesome Typhon!

Holy smoke, that’s quite the basher! Very nice build, sir. But I have to ask, twelve shims in the center differential?!?! I’ve never heard of one needing that many. Makes me wonder if the aluminum diff case might have been a little out of whack.
But at any rate, that is one awesome Typhon!
Yeah, I was shocked with the shims. I built it with the four shims,( one on each cog), filled it with 500k fluid and bolted it up. There was quite a bit of play, so I rebuilt it with 2 shims on each cog and there was still play so I ended up with 3 shims on each cog. The shims are only a tenth of a mm thick. It's perfect now. Thanks for watching and commenting. 👍

Looks great 😎

So in this scenario I would have kept the TLR as-is and then assumed this project as build from scratch 😀

Wait, I just did this with my O8S exb project 🤓🤑

Looks great 😎

So in this scenario I would have kept the TLR as-is and then assumed this project as build from scratch 😀

It's easily done. I did price up the parts needed to replace the parts I kept and it would cost me way more in parts to complete the TLR. It's cheaper to buy a new one.🤔🤪🤣👍

Looks great 😎

Indeed, he still has roughly 94% of a TLR just waiting to be finished!
It's easily done. I did price up the parts needed to replace the parts I kept and it would cost me way more in parts to complete the TLR. It's cheaper to buy a new one.🤔🤪🤣👍
One piece of advice? Never do the math!

I friggin love it. I love the wheels and tires. I’d love to do that to mine

I friggin love it. I love the wheels and tires. I’d love to do that to mine
Drop a tooth or two on the pinion and watch your temps. MX43’s are great on a Typhon.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back