Granite Granite 4x4 already broke

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just bought a granite today and my son played with it smoothly for 15 min. After running it on the grass the steering servo is stuck on full right. Only able to get it back to neutral by hand when everything off. But as soon as radio and car are on, the steering servo pushes the wheels all the way to the right and I am unable to steer (it is fully right and doesn’t turn left). Steering servo makes permanent noise when on. Anybody can help me fix the issue without replacing the servo?

Just bought a granite today and my son played with it smoothly for 15 min. After running it on the grass the steering servo is stuck on full right. Only able to get it back to neutral by hand when everything off. But as soon as radio and car are on, the steering servo pushes the wheels all the way to the right and I am unable to steer (it is fully right and doesn’t turn left). Steering servo makes permanent noise when on. Anybody can help me fix the issue without replacing the servo?

Unfortunately the servo is gone. Losing that garbage servo is a right of passage for us Mega owners. Between me & the kids, I have to deal with 4 of them. Replacing the servo is pretty easy & arrma has how-to videos for everything concerning this car. You can RMA the servo for a replacement that could take weeks to months since they're all on backorder. Or you can step up to a much better servo than the replacement for anywhere between $9-90 depending who you speak to. Dropping big money on a servo is a bit beyond me ATM so I go cheap & it haven't failed me yet.

https://www.banggood.com/JX-PDI-622...-For-RC-Model-p-973947.html?cur_warehouse=USA

This is what I swear by. At $13 it's the best bang for your buck. You'll get it in 3-4 days. It produces so much torque with so little power that I haven't found a car that uses a standard servo that it doesn't work in.

Unfortunately the servo is gone. Losing that garbage servo is a right of passage for us Mega owners. Between me & the kids, I have to deal with 4 of them. Replacing the servo is pretty easy & arrma has how-to videos for everything concerning this car. You can RMA the servo for a replacement that could take weeks to months since they're all on backorder. Or you can step up to a much better servo than the replacement for anywhere between $9-90 depending who you speak to. Dropping big money on a servo is a bit beyond me ATM so I go cheap & it haven't failed me yet.

https://www.banggood.com/JX-PDI-622...-For-RC-Model-p-973947.html?cur_warehouse=USA

This is what I swear by. At $13 it's the best bang for your buck. You'll get it in 3-4 days. It produces so much torque with so little power that I haven't found a car that uses a standard servo that it doesn't work in.
Great answer! Thank you Megasty. I just ordered one. I am just sad that it happens after running the car for less than 15min! I have a Senton too. Hope this one is going to last a bit more...
I’ll try to find a how to video as I am new to RC cars.

Thanks for the servo info and the mod ideas you've posted. Stock servo just crapped out in my senton 4x4 and my sons Raider XL mega is starting to act up. Just ordered two of the JX-PDI... looking forward to getting back to it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back