Granite Granite 4x4 3s hesitation

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevesta22

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Typhon 3s
I just got a 3s granite and found that it has a ton of hesitation getting going from a stand still especially if I gun the throttle. Seemed like cogging but I’m not super familiar with this. My typhon 3s has no such issue. I took it back to the shop because it was horrific to drive with the delay between hitting throttle and the truck launching itself and they said nothing is wrong with it after holding it for a week. I would say there is a solid 1 second delay. I tried to return it because it just doesn’t seem right and they wouldn’t take it back because I ran it (about 5 min before I decided something was wrong). Is this a common issue? Do these trucks just take awhile to go? I did just get in and loosened the mesh and set the slipper clutch but haven’t ran it yet because I’m waiting for the thread lock to set. I appreciate any feedback! As another note it seemed like the tires have flat spots and wobble like crazy, is this another common issue? I guess I expected a little better quality out of the box!

I would recalibrate the esc with the transmitter if you are having that delay. The old STX had that issue but not the SLT3. If no success I would factory reset the TX and RX and rebind and recalibrate.

My Senton 3s did that. It has the Arrma BLX100 ESC. I've read they do that. Not sure of a fix. I've recalibrated it. It'll go for a while then start doing it again.

I think it’s just a characteristic of the BLX100 esc. I find it annoying and dropped a couple pinion sizes to improve it. With a 3s I still feel there is enough top end.

Back