Fully built car - what breaks most often? (Talion EXB)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My dog bone keeps popping out on the front end. What is the shock bump mod with nylon washers? I think this is what I need to do
You can remove the washer from the top A arm and there also is a adjuster screw on the lower A arm to limit travel.

I removed those washers on both my talion and kraton and dog bone still popped out until I added the shock bump stops.

My dog bone keeps popping out on the front end. What is the shock bump mod with nylon washers? I think this is what I need to do

My dogbones are fine but my front cvds were popping out on the front end all the time, especially with the huge 175mm wheels. I solved this by removing all the spacers. Think I even removed the red collar on the lower exb arm at some point. Just make sure there is no binding at any point of the rotation.

Hasn't been an issue since i moved to rpm arms (but other problems arise to solve)

Not sure what shock bump mod you are talking about. But sometimes people put spacers inside the shock body over the shaft (fuel line tubing even) to limit shock travel. With less shock travel maybe the they won't pop out.

Note that the EXB arms are 1mm longer, so while the v4 and rpm arms require spacers, putting them on the EXB arms will result in cvd popping out. that's why Arrma used spacers on the v4 but not on the v5

Note that the EXB arms are 1mm longer, so while the v4 and rpm arms require spacers, putting them on the EXB arms will result in cvd popping out. that's why Arrma used spacers on the v4 but not on the v5
Yes and the m2c CVD shafts and dogbones are 0.5mm shorter than exb so it really depends what parts you use lol

How much droop are you running @Yonic ?

I use the measurement where you measure how much lower/higher is the axle compared to the bottom of the chassis at full droop

So for the front, the center of the axle is 3mm lower than the chassis, and 6mm in the rear

Another arm down! Same spot 4th break
6s, backflip 6s tires

Hopefully RPM arms are better.... :(

IMG_20220518_201837__01.jpg

Another arm down! Same spot 4th break
6s, backflip 6s tires

Hopefully RPM arms are better.... :(

View attachment 218480
Funny enough I'm getting breaks in the same damn spot, like 3 times now. I keep buying the EXB pack from jennys but maybe I should try rpm too.

Dunno, I ordered the EXB RPM ones last week but who know when it'll be here, LHS said it's backordered.

I might try the V4 upper rpm arms for now. I don't like them, they are too floppy, but maybe that will last me until the right ones are in

Maybe I should try the V3 arms (or was it v4?) like @Yonic has
Admittedly i only tried the EXB arms for a short time, but i didnt have this kind of breakage there.. the v4 (which were actually used all the way back to the Durango cars) i find are durable for me, and i like that they are stiff.

Try zip tying back together.

Might be stronger then plastic in pulling load.
Luckily I still have two sets of arms left in my spares. V4 RPM and one last EXB set.

Let's see how the v4 RPM hold up for now
IMG_20220519_100509.jpg

The real secret to a reliable RC is to just have spares of everything 🤣

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back