Does anyone know if or when Hobbywing will release the Max 6 G2?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kinda have buyers remorse, should’ve went 5690 and found an Outcast 8S roller.
What did you buy 4990? Has it shipped already? Could peddle it?
I have an O8S roller on order with Amain..fingers crossed they actually ship. Thought about an XRT roller, can't find.. sliders, no rollers. $600 for an XRT slider is just too much for too little IMO. Can't justify it.
Sorry for the negativity about the G2. I'll keep it to meself😉

Last edited:
What did you buy 4990? Has it shipped already? Could peddle it?
I have an O8S roller on order with Amain..fingers crossed they actually ship. Thought about an XRT roller, can't find.. sliders, no rollers. $600 for an XRT slider is just too much for too little IMO. Can't justify it.
Sorry for the negativity about the G2. I'll keep it to meself😉
Nothing wrong with stating your view, opinions are why forums were created.

4990 will be going in an XLWB 6S and $600 for an injection molded slider assembly seems excessive, even from that company.

Nothing wrong with stating your view, opinions are why forums were created.

4990 will be going in an XLWB 6S and $600 for an injection molded slider assembly seems excessive, even from that company.
Yeah, 4990 should be bitchin in an XLWB 6s.😎
I hear ya about the injection molded plastic fantastics.. I have thoroughly enjoyed owning the Xmaxx, so not against an XRT. I would prefer the O8S for the same money..but more money for an XRT slider than a complete O8S roller? No contest!!😉🍻

I'm going to be so surprised if those rollers come back. 😱

I'm going to be so surprised if those rollers come back. 😱
My thoughts too.. which is why I reached out to HH and asked. Not that I thought I'd get any true response but, I REALLY want one!! LOL
Anyways, first he said no, I don't think they'll be available again. I said well, the K8S roller is indeed showing discontinued on the site, O8S does not? He paused, said "I've just been told we will be getting more in.." perhaps he's just pacifying me? IDK. Amain was definitive in saying more are en route.. no dates though..🤷‍♂️

My thoughts too.. which is why I reached out to HH and asked. Not that I thought I'd get any true response but, I REALLY want one!! LOL
Anyways, first he said no, I don't think they'll be available again. I said well, the K8S roller is indeed showing discontinued on the site, O8S does not? He paused, said "I've just been told we will be getting more in.." perhaps he's just pacifying me? IDK. Amain was definitive in saying more are en route.. no dates though..🤷‍♂️
I have no faith but you would think both places wouldn't have said yes if it wasn't happening.

Btw I'm going to pm you within the next couple of days about the tires!! :cool: (y)

I have no faith but you would think both places wouldn't have said yes if it wasn't happening.

Btw I'm going to pm you within the next couple of days about the tires!! :cool: (y)
Sounds good bro!! Thanks.
Yeah, I'm not checking my email 5 times a day for a shipment notification from Amain or nothing!!🤔😬🤣🤣👊

Does anyone have any idea when the Max6 G2 combo will release? I see that the 4990 motor is showing a release date as end of October.

Does anyone have any idea when the Max6 G2 combo will release? I see that the 4990 motor is showing a release date as end of October.
Hoping that's when I'll see a combo tracking number since the youtube clowns are already reviewing them in the states...

Just got this about 10 minutes ago! My Max 6 G2 and 5690 G2 combo has a tracking number!
IMG_7724.jpeg

Mine is also in transit, keep us posted on delivery please

Expected Thursday, still haven’t decided on which of the 3 XLWB chassis it’s going in. I got time to procrastinate at least

Last edited:
Does anybody know if the max6 g2 will allow me to finally take advantage of the temp sensor port on my 5687SL? Or am I going to have to fork over $$$ for the new 1100kv motor combo if I want thermal protection? Been researching the max6 g2 all weekend and cant find confirmation. Gonna be a bummer if it not compatible with the old motors temp sensors, not huge deal but they’ve been saying for years that the feature will be supported on future esc so kinda a back stab for it to not be compatible.

Last edited:
Does anybody know if the max6 g2 will allow me to finally take advantage of the temp sensor port on my 5687SL? Or am I going to have to fork over $$$ for the new 1100kv motor combo if I want thermal protection? Been researching the max6 g2 all weekend and cant find confirmation. Gonna be a bummer if it not compatible with the old motors temp sensors, not huge deal but they’ve been saying for years that the feature will be supported on future esc so kinda a back stab for it to not be compatible.
Unfortunately, I don’t think they’re compatible. I can’t find anything on it either.

IMG_7778.jpeg

It's as if HW just leaped right past incorporating the temp sensor and went straight to a sensored setup on the G2. IIRC, my brother has a Max8 with just the temp sensor, I'll have to look at it again but pretty sure it's a G2 Max8/4268 combo that's not sensored but does have a temperature sensor cable.. irrelevant to the G2 Max 6 I suppose..🤷‍♂️

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back