Does anyone know if or when Hobbywing will release the Max 6 G2?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
honestly I ended up not using it since I changed motors. originally I had shaved the steering post to fit the tp 5660 and if I would have needed 2mm less clearance it would have been nice
Cool. I wonder if people will have to get creative with this 4990. I remember my 1520, which I think is 88mm long, being less than 1mm from the steering post.

Not available as a combo yet eh? Specs are great, not sure I'm interested in the combo at $300 though? Only real draw for me would be 8.4v BEC. Otherwise Amain has the Max6/1100 combo at $235 right now.
like the 8.4 BEC, interested in the bluetooth as well, like tinkering and would be nice to not look for the card, plug it in blah blah blah... just bring up app on phone.

like the 8.4 BEC, interested in the bluetooth as well, like tinkering and would be nice to not look for the card, plug it in blah blah blah... just bring up app on phone.
True. I'm old so, I prefer less technology in general. Doesn't the BT programming require the OTA dongle thinga jiggy?

Last edited:
Looks like it's been dropped or soon

Last edited:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231018-171718_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20231018-171718_Samsung Internet.jpg
    210.1 KB · Views: 37
Why would anyone buy the Max8 now? They literally priced it off of the market.
True..unless $240 is the wrong price for the Max6 G2 combo? Seems a bit too low, especially considering retail for the G1 Max6 was like $280-290 a month ago?🤷‍♂️
........Edit🤣
Okay, I see it now!🤪 I forgot to take my meds apparently 😖🤪😜
$216 w/Exo's discount, hot damn!! Says OOS but I didn't pull the trigger cuz I'm broke.. too bad cuz it'll be $340 regular price..

Last edited:
I shot my load on a v2 Spektrum take off combo..dang, wish I saw this coming!!😔
Oh well, I got 8.4v BEC which is the only difference I'm interested in over the G1 Max6. Sensored doesn't matter to me, more things to go wrong.🤷‍♂️
For me the sensored 1650kv G2 motor, G2 ESC with the intelligent fans, 200A and built-in BT for $219 is a game-changer.

For me the sensored 1650kv G2 motor, G2 ESC with the intelligent fans, 200A and built-in BT for $219 is a game-changer.
No disagreement from me. I already commited to a different deal. I will say though, thus far I'm not all that confident in the G2 stuff. Max8 been out a while now, quite a few failures and fires..
I'm quite conservative with my setups so, G1 or Spectrum v2 Firma 160 w/5687 is plenty for me.😉
Where do you see the combo for $219?
Hobbywing direct, preorder. Exocaged discount mentioned earlier.. I muddied the waters, sorry for that.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231020-111933_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20231020-111933_Samsung Internet.jpg
    144.9 KB · Views: 42
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back