Does anyone know if or when Hobbywing will release the Max 6 G2?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Max8 G2 been out a while now, quite a few failures and fires..
I had two of these with the 4278 2250kv (now just one) and one of them was pushed to the limits at the track with my 1/8 E-Buggy (I'm now running the new XR8 G3 with the 1900kv motor) and the other was thrashed around in my Fireteam - no issues.

I personally think the whole fire thing is overblown like most things you read about on the internet.

I had two of these with the 4278 2250kv (now just one) and one of them was pushed to the limits at the track with my 1/8 E-Buggy (I'm now running the new XR8 G3 with the 1900kv motor) and the other was thrashed around in my Fireteam - no issues.

I personally think the whole fire thing is overblown like most things you read about on the internet.
No every ESC from every company is a firebomb and there is nothing good and Castle Cremations Hottywing ZTeWaste are all terrible and you're bad if you like anything reeeee

No every ESC from every company is a firebomb and there is nothing good and Castle Cremations Hottywing ZTeWaste are all terrible and you're bad if you like anything reeeee
We'd be much safer if we all took up knitting!!👍😜🍻

Yeah, internet is full of misinformation.. good to know they were good to ya. I wasn't suggesting I weren't interested in a G2. Woulda dropped the coin in a heartbeat if I had it.. I run stock crap in most everything I own, never had a fire.

Last edited:
Thanks for the discount guys, looking forward to a new build now if nothing blows up over winter... 🤔

Maybe run into a 1/6 scale roller deal, who knows?

Last edited:
it's all fun and games until it's your poop blowing up.

Bluetooth worth the price of admission IMO along with turbo settings.

What's the turbo do? I can imagine BT is nice, interface seems nice and snappy on the phone. I don't tend to change settings much myself, so not really a big deal to me. Looks good though.
Turbo increases the timing at higher RPMs where it's more efficient to do so instead of having increased timing during the whole throttle, allowing you to run higher timing with less loss of torque in the low end.

I know tech will advance and get better, as evidenced here. I can definitely appreciate the extra 40A capacity as well as the 8.4V BEC. What I'm weary of is the fact that it has a sensor wire to get hung up, ripped off, chaffed through. A sensor for the fan to potentially fail, is it really a bad thing for the fan to be always on? Can't even hear the things anyway. Then there's the hall effect sensor in the motor to potentially fail. I've never felt as though a sensorless system was crude by any means, plenty smooth for my use,especially in a basher. 🤷‍♂️

I know tech will advance and get better, as evidenced here. I can definitely appreciate the extra 40A capacity as well as the 8.4V BEC. What I'm weary of is the fact that it has a sensor wire to get hung up, ripped off, chaffed through. A sensor for the fan to potentially fail, is it really a bad thing for the fan to be always on? Can't even hear the things anyway. Then there's the hall effect sensor in the motor to potentially fail. I've never felt as though a sensorless system was crude by any means, plenty smooth for my use,especially in a basher. 🤷‍♂️
Good points. That's why I went for the Max6 and 4985 combo for €225 instead of the MMX8S and 1717 for a whopping €456. And these are the lowest retail prices i could find. And for €142 for a single Max6 i am seriously considering dumping my MMX8S, just because i am getting tired of all the problems with the flimsy harness wires and the way they are mounted.

It’s so convenient to just change motor(boost) and WOT(turbo) timing on speed controllers with bigger/smaller tire changes instead of gearing up/down. Not everyone is as particular on a “basher”, it’s a curse really. 😂 I recently spent over an hour and 3 packs fine-tuning a hobbystar v2 ESC gear change for settings to accommodate 135mm & 120mm tires. Add in PWM frequencies to throttle and braking and it really helps you understand flexibility in applications. RTR’s ESC Motor combos really make things simple, but lose out on full capability. You can also be proactive with ambient and operational temperatures, options are endless.

Last edited:
I can't even fathom dumping an mmx8s for a max 6. Literally smoke shooting out of my ears right now :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

It’s so convenient to just change motor(boost) and WOT(turbo) timing on speed controllers with bigger/smaller tire changes instead of gearing up/down. Not everyone is as particular on a “basher”, it’s a curse really. 😂 I recently spent over an hour and 3 packs fine-tuning a hobbystar v2 ESC gear change for settings to accommodate 135mm & 120mm tires. Add in PWM frequencies to throttle and braking and it really helps you understand flexibility in applications. RTR’s ESC Motor combos really make things simple, but lose out on full capability. You can also be proactive with ambient and operational temperatures, options are endless.
Sounds complicated. I guess I'm not that much of a gadget guy..I'll just stick to the simple stuff. More fun when I don't have to take in so much data and variables. Wrench, bash, repeat!😎😁✌ Enjoy 🍻

I can't even fathom dumping an mmx8s for a max 6. Literally smoke shooting out of my ears right now :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Totally agree. I expect the new Max6 will be better than the old Max6, but still inferior to the MMX8S for power and temps.

I had my 35 pound DBXL out today with MMX8S and 2028 1100kv. Max ESC temp after an entire run was 122F. I’m running MMX8S in it because my XLX2 is having problems.

I know.
I can't even fathom a manufacturer like CC is still using crappy power buttons and harnesses on a freaking €280 ESC.
Literally smoke shooting out of my ears from rage and frustration, because two out of three of their ESC's keep shutting down randomly.
It took me endless trial and error to find that it's the harness to blame. Again.
Now i have to find someone who sells those darn harnesses again. It's not like they are readily available. And then hope the problem is solved.
Never ever buy CC for bashing. You'll regret it eventually.

I know.
I can't even fathom a manufacturer like CC is still using crappy power buttons and harnesses on a freaking €280 ESC.
Literally smoke shooting out of my ears from rage and frustration, because two out of three of their ESC's keep shutting down randomly.
It took me endless trial and error to find that it's the harness to blame. Again.
Now i have to find someone who sells those darn harnesses again. It's not like they are readily available. And then hope the problem is solved.
Never ever buy CC for bashing. You'll regret it eventually.
I have a lot of rigs and majority of them run castle esc's. I haven't had nearly the problems with the harness that you do tbh. In fact I think the harness is a major pro over hobbywing. The fact it's replaceable is amazing, if you ruin the cord on the hobbywing esc GOOD LUCK. It's also very easy for me to get the harness, amazon has it, amain has it, hobbytown has it, hell I already have like 5 spares.

I do agree with you on the power switch though, that poop is hot garbage and it's my only complaint about the harness. I bought hobbywing buttons to solder to it but I don't know if it will actually work. :ROFLMAO:

When is this due to ship? Need to make some room 😆

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back