Does anyone know if or when Hobbywing will release the Max 6 G2?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got mine just now! Huge can!

IMG_7817.jpeg

Only thing I don't like with the new G2 esc is where the sensor wire comes out of the esc.
Looks like the pinion is gonna eat it..!! :rolleyes: o_Oo_O
Yeah same.

I mount them horizontally (sensor wire towards the side guard) when I'm using the stock plastic ESC mount, but I bought a couple of the Basherqueen CF ESC mounts for this reason as they have more real estate and I can mount it using 3M VHB double side tape.

Max 8 G2 below as reference (the Max 6 G2 ESC is larger but I have a ton of room to mount it).

IMG_0236.jpeg

just got mine installed.

What is everyone using for loctite for the pinions?
Blue 242, I usually just give it a quick flame of heat removing with a good 2mm bit.

Just ripped it at lunch, endless powerband even on 6S storage charge in my 16lb XLWB rig. 8S won’t be needed unless you’re going for max speed.

Just ripped it at lunch, endless powerband even on 6S storage charge in my 16lb XLWB rig. 8S won’t be needed unless you’re going for max speed.
Awesome to hear.

I have it installed on my K6S EXB and moved my old Max6 G1 over to my Fireteam. I'll have to make time to take the Kraton out for a spin later after work.

Added a few logs from this evening to my previous post, did a few road passes and I’m geared where I need to be on 6S with 170mm tires. Should be hovering around 70mph+ on 8S. It was a year old 5.2 AH CNHL racing pack so the G+ 6AH will get it around 65.

1699572448510.png

I did a short test run with my K6S EXB and the power delivery is so smooth from a dead stop to crawling speed. Quieter too compared to my Max6 G1.

Everything feels effortless.

I did a short test run with my K6S EXB and the power delivery is so smooth from a dead stop to crawling speed. Quieter too compared to my Max6 G1.

Everything feels effortless.
Up the punch over 7, just for fun a little bit 😂

Up the punch over 7, just for fun a little bit 😂
Haha I'm actually not a fan of the wheelie action on the Kraton as much as I like it on my Outcast EXB. I actually like the default punch level on the G2 but I lowered it on my G1 when it was on the K6S EXB, but it's now in my Fireteam and I love it.

More useful capability parameter/data, much better sensored low speed and silky smooth crawling control compared to my Castle MMX8S.

IMG_0834.png

IMG_0837.png

Holy smokes, just by the hair of your chinny chin chin. The fit is so close hobbywing didn't even list it as compatible on their site. They had the last version mention Infraction if I remember correctly.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back