Which ESC is better/ or more reliable spectrum firma ESC or ESC by Castle??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FWIW, I've ran 82 mph on 4s and 60mph on 3s with my firma 130a and a 3660 spektrum motor. Different vehicle than you, but it still showed me i could pump alot of watts out of a small system. And I know I could have gone faster with larger/better batteries.

The stock blx system is good for 50ish mph in the 3s arrmas. So running a 120a 4s esc and larger motor should easily get you to 60mph. And be able to run it all day. I bet the spektrum 130a or max10 sct/g2 would be a good start.

FWIW, I've ran 82 mph on 4s and 60mph on 3s with my firma 130a and a 3660 spektrum motor. Different vehicle than you, but it still showed me i could pump alot of watts out of a small system. And I know I could have gone faster with larger/better batteries.

The stock blx system is good for 50ish mph in the 3s arrmas. So running a 120a 4s esc and larger motor should easily get you to 60mph. And be able to run it all day. I bet the spektrum 130a or max10 sct/g2 would be a good start.
My wanting to go to 4s is to accomodate the added weight.i was totally happy with the stock 3s but since it's a lot heavier I need a stronger system to get back what I had originally..so many have been messaging me saying to go with hobby wing max 8 ..my question is arrma says the Big Rock is a 1/10 but let's face it .it's not.its a 1/8 and maybey I'm better off with the max 8 instead of the max 10 .prices are not bad .I found some good deals on eBay ..not sure if I buy a combo or just the esc and then search for a motor .someone also suggested the sidewinder but I was told it's over kill ..like I said I'm not looking for crazy speed .I just do speed passes and want to stay at the 60 mark .and have a system that won't over heat from pulling the weight I added.i don't even know how much this thing weighs

My wanting to go to 4s is to accomodate the added weight.i was totally happy with the stock 3s but since it's a lot heavier I need a stronger system to get back what I had originally..so many have been messaging me saying to go with hobby wing max 8 ..my question is arrma says the Big Rock is a 1/10 but let's face it .it's not.its a 1/8 and maybey I'm better off with the max 8 instead of the max 10 .prices are not bad .I found some good deals on eBay ..not sure if I buy a combo or just the esc and then search for a motor .someone also suggested the sidewinder but I was told it's over kill ..like I said I'm not looking for crazy speed .I just do speed passes and want to stay at the 60 mark .and have a system that won't over heat from pulling the weight I added.i don't even know how much this thing weighs

The platform the Big Rock is made on is 1/10th scale so it gets classified as a 1/0th scale.

I understand. I'm telling you, I could run back to back to back 75 mph full trigger passes and the motor would be warm at best. And no motor fan. Considering the 4s trucks can hit 50+ out of the box, you should be good with one of those setups.

The platform the Big Rock is made on is 1/10th scale so it gets classified as a 1/0th scale.
Ok so now that I extended this female dog to 32" long I would say it's not a 1/10 scale any more .my suspension isn't even a 1/10 scale .or wheels .anyways I see what you all are saying..ok so can we all agree with the max 8 or the mamba monster 2??? Plz lol help a confused brotha 😁🤣which one is better.with less issues. Thank you
Ok so now that I extended this female dog to 32" long I would say it's not a 1/10 scale any more .my suspension isn't even a 1/10 scale .or wheels .anyways I see what you all are saying..ok so can we all agree with the max 8 or the mamba monster 2??? Plz lol help a confused brotha 😁🤣which one is better.with less issues. Thank you
What the heck ..damn sensor called my boy a female dog .lol I said bi**h 🤣🤣🤣

Very strange..I have 1/10 scale buggy's from other brands and the platforms are way smaller than the Big Rock..I guess this is why many consider the Big Rock a 1/8 .well at least I do.

A stock BR WB is 12.87", a 6s Typhon WB is 12.91", and a Traxxas Slash WB is 13.2". Don't ask me who decides what scale to call what car. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Do you guys agree with this google statement?

Screenshot_20230212-171333.png

A stock BR WB is 12.87", a 6s Typhon WB is 12.91", and a Traxxas Slash WB is 13.2". Don't ask me who decides what scale to call what car. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Interesting

I am planning to try one of the 4268 combos in one of my Slashes, and one of the 4278 combos in a Typhon, this summer.

So who agrees with that google statement?
At first I really wanted to keep my Big Papa long Rock with spectrum firma electronics but I'm hearing to many say they this and that so this is why I'm leaning on other brands for reliability and so money is put towards quality.but I must say I have had awesome luck with the stock blx 3s system it came with..but I still want to go else where..it's time ..and this hobbywing max 8 sounds like a good choice .just need some strong advice yes or no. then on to finding a good motor match .

I run a Max8 (non-G2) on my Traxxas Maxx V1 on both 4s and on 6s. I'm running a 2200kv motor on it with 20/50 gearing, and it's great. I'm very pleased with the performance of the Max8.
Thank you for the feed back ..to all of you I appreciate it so much...I'm getting more excited every minute thinking about this max 8 . enough of this for now .it's time for super bowl ..and I'm fkin hungry..my wife has been cooking all day.now it's time to pig out 🤣🤣👍

A 1/10th scale Traxxas Summit and a 1/8th scale Arrma Outcast.

20220829_202301.jpg
20220829_202321.jpg

👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏
After some hard thinking I have made my choice ..was not a easy one ..but I'm glad this is now over .my brain was over loading with so much info and doing a lot of research and I want to say thank you to everyone helping me with information on a good quality ESC combo..so here it is a bran new heart ❤️ for my Big Papa long Rock.👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏💪💪💪💪💪💪💪💪💪🇺🇲🇺🇲🇺🇲🇺🇲🇺🇲🇺🇲🇺🇲🇺🇲🇺🇲😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍

Screenshot_20230212-223321.png

Screenshot_20230212-223245.png

👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏
After some hard thinking I have made my choice ..was not a easy one ..but I'm glad this is now over .my brain was over loading with so much info and doing a lot of research and I want to say thank you to everyone helping me with information on a good quality ESC combo..so here it is a bran new heart ❤️ for my Big Papa long Rock.👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏💪💪💪💪💪💪💪💪💪🇺🇲🇺🇲🇺🇲🇺🇲🇺🇲🇺🇲🇺🇲🇺🇲🇺🇲😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍

View attachment 277852

View attachment 277853
Use the coupon in the box to get the Castle Link, it is very handy to have.

I'm going to be tracking this like a hawk..can't wait to have it in my hands ..I might even kiss 💋 it when it gets here.. another peice of my Big Papa long Rock project build completed🇺🇲💪😁🤟

IMG_20230204_235850337.jpg

Use the coupon in the box to get the Castle Link, it is very handy to have.
I have no clue what that castle link is .but ok 😁🤟
I'm going to be tracking this like a hawk..can't wait to have it in my hands ..I might even kiss 💋 it when it gets here.. another peice of my Big Papa long Rock project build completed🇺🇲💪😁🤟

IMG_20230204_235850337.jpg

This photo doesn't even justify it's length at 32" long .wish you guys could see it in person it's a beast
This is my first ever castle product.my other ESCs I have make no sound when I turn them on .does this one have them cool beeping sounds in different tones when I turn it on??

Last edited:

View attachment 277854

This photo doesn't even justify it's length at 32" long .wish you guys could see it in person it's a beast
This is my first ever castle product.my other ESCs I have make no sound when I turn them on .does this one have them cool beeping sounds in different tones when I turn it on??
The Castle link allows you to connect the esc to your computer so you can adjust settings on the esc.

The Castle link allows you to connect the esc to your computer so you can adjust settings on the esc.
That's fan tastic 👍😁 I'll probably just keep it on default settings for now.i don't know enough yet to be messing with the settings yet.cogging is usually on the sensorless motors right? So with this being sensored I should be ok right?
Yeah I read there is a coupon inside that I can get the free castle link.thats awesome.wouldnt I need a program card ? Or does it not need it because it's a link to the computer ?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back