Spektrum (FIRMA) ESC from Arrma Vendetta .... just flashing red :(

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

virdi

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Senton 6s
  3. Typhon 6s
  4. Typhon 3s
Hi all,

I have an Arrma Vendetta and need some help please.

The ESC is a Spektrum FIRMA series ....and all I get is a constant red flashing LED.

I have tested the Receiver in another car and it works.

I am pretty sure that the issue is with the ESC itself and I have tried all the basics....

I cannot get it into calibration mode either

Anybody have any ideas please?

Thanks

And you're sure it's not Low Voltage Cutoff, ie the battery plugged in for testing is at least somewhat charged?

That blinking Red LED and unresponsiveness is what my 150A Spektrum ESC did when it died, (moderate hit to a curb) not saying that's what this is, but...

Hi all,

The ESC is a Spektrum FIRMA series ....and all I get is a constant red flashing LED.

I am pretty sure that the issue is with the ESC itself and I have tried all the basics....

Thanks
that's the red flashing light of death. is your throttle centred that can cause a red flashing light. had a few escs do that to me over the years and not been able to get them to work again :(

Hi all,

Thanks
I' ran into almost same thing yesterday 🙁 charged up my lipos for my infraction and turned on the transmitter then ESC and it went through the cell count beeps then a green light then a constant red blinking light 🤷 .never ran into this issue my self..my issue is I get nothing .no throttle no stearing and no led light strips that installed on the chassis.alls I get running is the fan to the ESC and the motor fan ..from what I've read so far seems like my receiver or /and radio poop the bed ..could also be my servo🤷 won't know untill I check the receiver tonight .it's aggravating..I'll keep a eye on this thread and see what other chime in with for possible ideas ..

My question is why would just my fans be running??🤷

Probably worth bringing to a local hobby shop. When I brought my ailing ESC to my LHS, they bypassed it with a known good esc to test everything else, servo, receiver, shorts etc and were able to narrow it down to the esc. Took 10 minutes and was free, plus I was already there when I needed to buy a new one 😅

I have already tested all the other electronics, they all work - When I turn on - All I get is a few bleeps with a green light then a constant red blinking light. No fans, no steering etc..

It does seem the ESC is at fault :(

Was just hoping someone might have some experience with these FIRMA ESCs.

Thanks

I have already tested all the other electronics, they all work - When I turn on - All I get is a few bleeps with a green light then a constant red blinking light. No fans, no steering etc..

It does seem the ESC is at fault :(

Was just hoping someone might have some experience with these FIRMA ESCs.

Thanks
Some of the most experienced Arrma people on the internet on this forum, but it is the middle of the work day at the moment, so most are busy. Give it through tonight to see if there are other opinions about what's happening. The fact that you get green led's and tones is more than I had when my ESC was dead. Count the tones and check the owner's manual to see if it's indicative of an error code.

The red LED means it detected an error, either not getting a signal from the receiver or your throttle is in the wrong spot (usually throttle trim). I guess it could be low voltage on startup, though I’ve never had that happen to me.

Hi all,

Thanks
Any luck ?

I've searched this forum from top to bottom and comes to find out that not to much info on this matter of the death red blinking light 🤷

Back