What shocks are these ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Out of curiosity, where did you see that the spring are different? the specifications are exactly the same, both in length and stiffness.
After spending 2 hours on the phone with Horizon Hobby and talking to the staff members that have both these cars shocks and springs were not only weighted in measured but also scaled to see compression. It was a great bit of info for all of us on that phone call. So unless they were lying directly to me to withhold this info for themselves as a secret(highly unlikely). I tried to reach directly out to arrma but it always leads to horizon hobbies. So speaking with anyone in RD of Arrma might not happen. Other than that the best conclusion I have is if I want perfect than I'll have to find it or use what I have. Without sacrifice there is no glory

Well whatever you do do not use the Proline Power Strokes, they are too small for a 1/8th scale buggy they are 1/10th scale shocks meant for the Traxxas 1/10th scale vehicles. You will never get the results you are looking for out of them.

After spending 2 hours on the phone with Horizon Hobby and talking to the staff members that have both these cars shocks and springs were not only weighted in measured but also scaled to see compression. It was a great bit of info for all of us on that phone call. So unless they were lying directly to me to withhold this info for themselves as a secret(highly unlikely).
Well, I have both the Arrma springs and the Durango ones, and I can testify they are the same, for example the Typhon TLR front (on the left) vs. Durango Yellow (right):
IMG_0284.jpeg

Also if you look at the specifications:
Arrma:
Screen Shot 2022-03-08 at 7.46.47 PM.png

Team Durango
Screen Shot 2022-03-08 at 7.47.17 PM.png

Both 70mm for the front, 84mm for the rear.

The Arrma cars used to come with Team Durango Springs.
V1 Kraton, Talion and Outcast shocks.
e75gfwsdrgded.jpg

Great info guys I appreciate it. I won't be using either nor the prolines. Guess the guys at horizon hobbies are liars. Shame I thought that they were a reputable company that I could rely on for quality intel. Oh well. Guess I find my own way.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back