What shocks are these ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These are for my Team Durango DEX8. I'm looking for an exact fit because I can't find any new TD shocks. I have a brand new set never used because I am building a New In Box car, I don't want to use the original for a few reasons. Would love to find another set of them but I figure if I can't find what I want than just go better. ZD racing is junk and I won't put cheap crap on this build. 100mm fronts and 120mm rear isn't as easy as it seems to track down quality shocks. The main reason I would like to find a exact set is because I have every set of springs for the original shocks. IF ANYONE COMES IN CONTACT WITH A SET OF FRONTS AND REARS PLEASE LET ME KNOW!! Thanks all.

These are for my Team Durango DEX8. I'm looking for an exact fit because I can't find any new TD shocks. I have a brand new set never used because I am building a New In Box car, I don't want to use the original for a few reasons. Would love to find another set of them but I figure if I can't find what I want than just go better. ZD racing is junk and I won't put cheap crap on this build. 100mm fronts and 120mm rear isn't as easy as it seems to track down quality shocks. The main reason I would like to find a exact set is because I have every set of springs for the original shocks. IF ANYONE COMES IN CONTACT WITH A SET OF FRONTS AND REARS PLEASE LET ME KNOW!! Thanks all.
Oh okay. Yeah stay away from the Prolines for the DEX8 for sure.

Do you need complete shocks or just certain parts for the shocks?

The shocks off the Kyosho Inferno MP10 are 105mm eye to eye in the front and 120mm eye to eye in the rear.
As to whether or not they will bolt on is another question.
Front https://jennysrc.com/collections/mp...nt-shocks-set-big-bore-dampers-tki4-kyo33015b
Rear out of stock at the moment :cautious: https://jennysrc.com/collections/mp...updated-10th-kyo33015b?variant=20428488310838

The shocks off the Kyosho Inferno MP10 are 105mm eye to eye in the front and 120mm eye to eye in the rear.
Front https://jennysrc.com/collections/mp...nt-shocks-set-big-bore-dampers-tki4-kyo33015b
Rear out of stock at the moment :cautious: https://jennysrc.com/collections/mp...updated-10th-kyo33015b?variant=20428488310838
Yes I would like to find completes! Don't mind building my shocks from scratch but just a little less headache, and wanna get this build done!

My man thanks brother!

My man thanks brother!
I had to dig into setup sheets to find out the eye to eye measurements for them.

Some day when I have time I'll look at shocks from Losi, Mugen, Xray, HB Racing, Sworkz, Team Corally and Team Associated. I'm sure there are a few others as well that I could look at.

Tuned tlr shocks are 110 in front and 125 in rear again not what I am looking for. Just got off the phone with horizon hobby and they just pulled them and measured for me. Damn I hate wasting people's time! Sorry everyone to make you all scratch heads lol

Tuned tlr shocks are 110 in front and 125 in rear again not what I am looking for. Just got off the phone with horizon hobby and they just pulled them and measured for me. Damn I hate wasting people's time! Sorry everyone to make you all scratch heads lol
You can shorten them if you use nitro fuel line under the shock pistons.

Also do note that you might have to use Arrma shock standoffs as I am pretty sure that the DEX8 used the old Arrma style standoffs.

Bump stops are a great hack. But again I'm not looking for a hack. I can fab in the barn if that's what I was looking for.

No need for hacks to shorten them, you have droop screws for that. You never use the full length of the shock on a race car, you always use less droop than the max for performance reasons
Thanks, but no thanks. I'll hold out for the better. Every additional mm is weight regaurdless. As well the (6) complete spring sets I have won't fit....this has been tried. So the closest so far have been the proline powerstrokes ( complain as you might about price but durability and size they are better). The biggest issue people are having is oil vs piston holes. Can be remedied. Mugen is going to get back to me today sometime and losi as well so I don't know their sizes. And the next best are the kyosho inferno mp10 shocks these are 3mm front and 5 mm rear differences to the TD so far... remember so far. Then there is mounting. So while the TLR shocks are geeat for the application they are on. For me thats where they will remain.

I also use the a 8 spring set from the DEX8 on my Typhon TLR, these are the exact same springs as what Arrma uses, same length and stiffness.. i would argue they probably continue to use the exact same factory as was used in the Durango days.

The Typhon V5 stock comes with durango green both front and back.
The Typhon TLR comes with yellow in the front and green rear. (which is how the DEX8 used to come stock)

I also use the a 8 spring set from the DEX8 on my Typhon TLR, these are the exact same springs as what Arrma uses, same length and stiffness.. i would argue they probably continue to use the exact same factory as was used in the Durango days.

The Typhon V5 stock comes with durango green both front and back.
The Typhon TLR comes with yellow in the front and green rear. (which is how the DEX8 used to come stock)
You should know they aren't the same shock. I have the dex8 shocks just not going to use them. I'd like to find a exact fit same length and ability. If you enjoy your TLR shocks so much thats great. But for my build I won't use them. The only (6 sets of springs) that Team Durango made will change the rate of compression on a different length shock. Common mistake people make when using shock springs on wrong sized shock body. So I am going to either keep looking for DEX8 spare set of shocks or find a better more exact fitment. As nice as the TLR look in Black and as well as it might go with my paint. It's not the right shock for me. Fingers crossed on some kyosho or mugen!
They have sets of 8 for sale but 2 sets are factory set up so its just a copy. Only 6 sets wereade different

I wasnt saying they are the same shocks, i'm saying that the springs are exactly the same.

I understand that you don't want to use them, but i will say that personally i think they are probably better than the DEX8 ones, as the bottom cartridge is now derlin and they use x-rings instead of the o-rings durango used (and Arrma continued using on their other cars)

The only (6 sets of springs) that Team Durango made will change the rate of compression on a different length shock. Common mistake people make when using shock springs on wrong sized shock body.
That's not true, with the preload you can compensate for the length and the result will be exactly the same.
Also look at the link from my previous comment, Durango had a set of 8 springs for the DEX8, not 6.

Anyway, i think i'll stop with this. i'm not trying to convince you as i understand you don't want to use them, but it's important for me to have this information here so other readers will have the full picture

I wasnt saying they are the same shocks, i'm saying that the springs are exactly the same.

I understand that you don't want to use them, but i will say that personally i think they are probably better than the DEX8 ones, as the bottom cartridge is now derlin and they use x-rings instead of the o-rings durango used (and Arrma continued using on their other cars)

That's not true, with the preload you can compensate for the length and the result will be exactly the same.
Also look at the link from my previous comment, Durango had a set of 8 springs for the DEX8, not 6.

Anyway, i think i'll stop with this. i'm not trying to convince you as i understand you don't want to use them, but it's important for me to have this information here so other readers will have the full picture
6 sets you bought 8 sets but 2 sets are the same as factory. Yes it is true legnth and spring load will change sorry thats physics
I'm happy you are so strong about this though! This isn't something I have been doing for a weekend my friend. I've been painstakingly searching. If the TLR was thebright way to go I would have done it months ago. Sorry

Last edited:
Not here to argue, I appreciate your input for sure. The springs and shocks are both different while its only millimeters, its enough to make a difference. Thank you and to all those that have helped with this subject! Still waiting to hear back from a few other manufacturers, we will see how it goes! Happy rcing everyone!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back