What springs are you using for a Kraton XL?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KnowAir

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
  2. Kraton EXB
  3. Mojave EXB
I'm trying to figure out what shock springs I need for my Krajave. I have the heaviest springs Arrma offers for both the Mojo and K6, but neither really seems to be stiff enough for my mutt. It's essentially a Kraton armed Mojave with some homemade aluminum skid plates, so not a whole lot heavier than a stock Mojo. I've been looking on Arrma RC at the FT and BR 6s springs, seems the heavier option springs for one of those should do. What I'm finding is, for stock, Arrma lists them by lbf/in, but then, when you look under optional parts it's gf/mm? WTF is that? Why does Arrma seem to be so flip/flop on specs? Doesn't make it exactly easy to choose when they use different units of measure..
But then, Mojo uses 110mm length rear springs, Kraton 95mm, and FT/BR use 84/85mm. I suppose close counts. I know I don't really care for the way the Mojo springs rub against the shock bodies, so not really thinking I want 110mm.
What are y'all running? I'm mainly track running, so no big air in my use. I'm just finding both the K6 and Mojo springs too soft..

It's gram force/millimeter. I'm Google search "gram/mm to lb/in" or vise versa and a calculator will come up so you can convert whichever way you want.

On my wide Typhon I have fireteam springs on TLRT Typhon shocks with a few coils cut off and it runs great. It's probably a little more spring than it needs but anything I build in the future I'm going straight to those springs.

Fireteam Springs are heavier K-Value and what I use on the big girls, not sure about the Big Rock however.

IMG_1342.jpeg

It's gram force/millimeter. I'm Google search "gram/mm to lb/in" or vise versa and a calculator will come up so you can convert whichever way you want.

On my wide Typhon I have fireteam springs on TLRT Typhon shocks with a few coils cut off and it runs great. It's probably a little more spring than it needs but anything I build in the future I'm going straight to those springs.
I appreciate the reply! I know I can cross, just get frustrated by how Arrma is what I feel "conflicted".. pick a unit of measure and use it, LOL. I guess I'm splitting hairs maybe..
This is what I mean.. to make matters worse, the AR330240 that's listed as an option in the second screenshot doesn't come up at all on HH or Arrma's site?! Huh?🤷‍♂️🤪

Screenshot_20240422-111830_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20240422-104425_Samsung Internet.jpg

Fireteam Springs are heavier K-Value and what I use on the big girls, not sure about the Big Rock however.

View attachment 362547
Thanks, I think I'm just gonna have to grab a couple sets and see what I like. Funny though, both BR and FT use same exact rear springs, but I'm not convinced stock will be stiff enough. I think I need a bigger bin for springs, lol.

Thanks, I think I'm just gonna have to grab a couple sets and see what I like. Funny though, both BR and FT use same exact rear springs, but I'm not convinced stock will be stiff enough. I think I need a bigger bin for springs, lol.
100 wt oils help with chassis slap kickbacks and teetering, after ADU chassis she'll be into the 17lb dressed range with big basher lipo :woot:

IMG_2262.gif

100 wt oils help with chassis slap kickbacks and teetering, after ADU chassis she'll be into the 17lb dressed range with big basher lipo :woot:

View attachment 362556
Yeah, I am a narrow band user, really just track lapping.. I won't be upgrading chassis or anything like that. I've settled on some Katar T tires/wheels for the time being on the Krajave, though traction is weak, the tires are pretty tough and the diameter is right. Now with the wider stance, the Fortress tires are too small, BF LP's too soft for such a heavy truck, MT's too large.. the search for 5-6" track tires for the big girl is ongoing.. but I need better suspension control as well.

Yeah, I am a narrow band user, really just track lapping.. I won't be upgrading chassis or anything like that. I've settled on some Katar T tires/wheels for the time being on the Krajave, though traction is weak, the tires are pretty tough and the diameter is right. Now with the wider stance, the Fortress tires are too small, BF LP's too soft for such a heavy truck, MT's too large.. the search for 5-6" track tires for the big girl is ongoing.. but I need better suspension control as well.
I think you’d love the RC JUN 158mm backflips for firmness/durability 👍🏼, hopefully the new Upgrade RC vendor will have something dynamic up our alley!

IMG_2226.jpeg

I think you’d love the RC JUN 158mm backflips for firmness/durability 👍🏼, hopefully the new Upgrade RC vendor will have something dynamic up our alley!

View attachment 362558
My first AliEx order is "out for delivery" now according to AliEx.. I have know idea where it actually is, seems AliEx wants me to download an app for actual tracking info? No thanks. The first tracking number they provided was HK post I suppose, then after reaching the states, another number that's way to long for any legit tracking number..I'll just be surprised when/if it shows up I guess, LOL.
Too bad we're a thousand miles apart, I'd love a chance to rip that track you built there!!:cool:🤟

Back