Typhon What i did to my Typhon.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
00000482.jpg
00000483.jpg

Here a small clip to hold the lipo balancing plug.

Because of its thickness the sway bar was bending out the plastic cap when moving with the a-arm, so i just reproduced the same part with a piece of aluminium which allows just the rotation and prevents the sway-bar from moving backwards.

Sorry, I meant the magic behing "just reproduced the same part with a piece of aluminium".

Last edited:
Sorry, I meant the magic behing "just reproduced the same part with a piece of aluminium".
Sorry, i misunderstood your question. so i don't have a milling machine, just a press drill. I make most of my parts with a metal grinder and files. then i finish them with a polishing felt on a hand drill.

00000471.jpg
00000492.jpg
00000493.jpg
00000494.jpg

the place where i drive my typhoon has many obstacles and i needed a solid bumper. after several tests this the one i never managed to break yet. it is based on the outcast bumper combined with a home made plastic skid plate that stiffens the final assembly.

What the hell are you doing to that poor car for these things to break? I have the feeling I abuse mine but nothing ever breaks.

Hi piecejointe, this give you a good idea of my driving skill, I should pass my license:)!

Hi piecejointe, this give you a good idea of my driving skill, I should pass my license:)!

You and me both buddy. It's my first serious car in 20 years (previous one was on road nitro 1/9 so pretty different) and I still need to master the whole "landing on the wheels not the roof" part.

You and me both buddy. It's my first serious car in 20 years (previous one was on road nitro 1/9 so pretty different) and I still need to master the whole "landing on the wheels not the roof" part.
I have no doubt that you will reach your objective with practice!

00000511.jpg
00000512.jpg
00000513.jpg
00000514.jpg

It is possible to set the Nero shock piston on our 3.5mm shafts by using aluminium rivets.

IMG_2287.jpg

The droop screws tend to dig a lot into the chassis ears. Here i have drilled and threaded a small hole and screwed/glued (with epoxy glue) some screws with large head. Then i reduced the thickness of the screw head with my metal grinder.

00000515.jpg
00000516.jpg
00000517.jpg

I'm currently testing some 4 mm shaft on my shocks, will see if it is working properly....

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back