Typhon What i did to my Typhon.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SAN

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
00000468.jpg
00000469.jpg
Hello to all forum members, first i just like to introduce my buggy with a couple of pictures.

Not yet but I think I will try them in the sand or mud may be, I got them from a friend and he said they are 20 years old!

00000478.jpg
After swapping the steering servo the horn was rubbing against the body so i made a higher front post.

View attachment 12489 View attachment 12490 Hello to all forum members, first i just like to introduce my buggy with a couple of pictures.
I really dig the old school look. Very clean looking nice job on it. The fishing line tie is a good idea. Mine wear down and come loose all the time. don't be scared of them old tires either. I sold my 20 year old duratrax maximum mt with its original tires and the kid was running it on them the same day and they did just fine :)

I really dig the old school look. Very clean looking nice job on it. The fishing line tie is a good idea. Mine wear down and come loose all the time. don't be scared of them old tires either. I sold my 20 year old duratrax maximum mt with its original tires and the kid was running it on them the same day and they did just fine :)
Thank you typhon, I will try these old tires as soon as possible, i’m Very curious to see how they will hold with the buggy.

Thank you typhon, I will try these old tires as soon as possible, i’m Very curious to see how they will hold with the buggy.
Considering how demanding this car is on even new tires, especially on 6S, i would be scared.

Buggies are alot faster nowadays so id be unsure of the shear ballooning effect they might come too. Stock form 4s would probably be the limit, But im curious as well so let us know!

Buggies are alot faster nowadays so id be unsure of the shear ballooning effect they might come too. Stock form 4s would probably be the limit, But im curious as well so let us know!
. I'll let you know how these tires are doing on different surfaces, since i'm running only 4s i shouldn't have too much ballooning problem.

00000486.jpg
00000489.jpg
Another thing that i made, i have installed the outcast side guards. I rounded the front angle with a heat gun in order to match with the typhon body shape.

Thank you djjangelo, my main goal is to make this buggy more durable, the mods are not very nicely finished, they are more on the useful/tough side.

00000467.jpg 00000499.jpg 00000500.jpg 00000501.jpg 00000502.jpg At a moment it was almost impossible to order the wing mount so i made mine. but this add a lot of stress to the wing itself and to the rear chassis brace.

Last edited:
Function > form. I'd rather it work than look pretty like my Tower to tower brace lol.

How did you make those shock tower guards?

Function > form. I'd rather it work than look pretty like my Tower to tower brace lol.

Yeah, I just flipped my car during a speedrun (body not installed) and skidded along upside down half way down my street. I could have really used that shock tower guard. My tower and shock end caps got ground down pretty good!

Hi slick 2500. this shock tower protection is made from a plastic cutting board, so first i'm giving the general outline with a metal grinder equipped with a cutting disc, after i made a piece of aluminium at the exact size and thickness of the tower top end, i heat it with a torch and deep/melt into the plastic until reaching the inside desired shape, after that i refine the final shape with the metal grinder equipped with a sanding disc. as you can see in the picture i have drilled/threaded a 3mm hole in the tower to secure the plastic guard, so that it is very easily removable.

00000485.jpg
Because of the aluminium wing mount the rear chassis brace has started to bend laterally so i reinforced with a profiled piece of metal that still allows some vertical flex.

00000480.jpg
00000481.jpg

A solution to secure the battery strap ends, it stands above the spur gear protection and they are easy to pull....

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back