Typhon To Typhon or not to Typhon

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adamwins

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite Grom
  2. Outcast 4s
  3. Typhon TLR
So I put the cart before the horse to buy a new vehicle purchased a TP Power 4040 motor and now trying to get something to put it in. Ive only had a outcast 4s and a granite superpowered Grom. but i wanna do some speed runs. I thought i'd ask the forum for some insight to why you enjoy the Typhon over other options. Thanks!

a

well you've got a motor, why not a TLR roller. ECS and servo and you'll have an awesome ride
I'm a bit confused on the different Typhon models, i see a 1/8 TLR Typhon roller buggy thats $420, then the 6s TLR buggy for $629... Considering im puttiing different motor, esc & servo.. is there much difference between the two models?

The TLR is geared more towards racing at a dirt track, has a better chassis, and shocks. The roller is geared more towards bashing, and some say more resilient. 🤷‍♂️ . I have the TLR. But its pricey. The regular Typhon is a great rig. They all are. Arrma is kinda know for there 6s platforms. Way better than the 3 or 4s. Good luck. :cool:

i wanna do some speed runs.
If that’s your goal, buy a Limitless V2 roller. Yes, Typhons are awesome. It’s my favorite rig, actually, But they have a short, 328mm wheelbase (SWB) that makes it a bit more of a challenge to run at extreme velocities. Do what I wish I’d have done much earlier in the game and get a Lim roller.

The fastest Arrma cars are the Lim, infraction and felony. All are 4 wheel drive and made for street. 🏁

For bashing onroad, typhon vs infraction/felony. Curious to know which 6s is more fun.

Typhon does BOTH on/off road adjusted and set up accordingly ( Tires, Suspension height, sag etc )
The ROAD vehicles are Road only use, tho are better suited if road only use is what you will be doing ?

Modded typhon 6s for onroad use (tires, suspension,etc...) How good is the handling in comparison to the dedicated onroad Arrma lineup on a scale of 1-10

Stability to more easily handle undulations from flawed, old or damaged pavement at speed. My pick? A TLR Typhon with LWB chassis and Delta Plastics body of some sort. Would be a better match with that sized motor. 7th scale a bit much for it. My guess. For pure razor's edge pavement skimming, I'd get the limitless and bigger motor to run 8s.

Modded typhon 6s for onroad use (tires, suspension,etc...) How good is the handling in comparison to the dedicated onroad Arrma lineup on a scale of 1-10
Pretty certain Typhons will have a wider track and can be made easily wider using nothing more that Kraton hubs and Axels X4 or extended drive hexs.
The road cars can go straight and do high speed drifting turns Best. Want to Really just have fun on what ever surface you find yourself running and have a vehicle you throw and pitch around being honestly more a street bash savvy rig ... Typhon

JMO tho ... nothing more :whistle:

Pretty certain Typhons will have a wider track and can be made easily wider using nothing more that Kraton hubs and Axels X4 or extended drive hexs.
The road cars can go straight and do high speed drifting turns Best. Want to Really just have fun on what ever surface you find yourself running and have a vehicle you throw and pitch around being honestly more a street bash savvy rig ... Typhon

JMO tho ... nothing more :whistle:
Typhon uses same arms as infraction, limitless and felony. Same width. Same hubs. Just with different shocks and towers.

Typhon uses same arms as infraction, limitless and felony. Same width. Same hubs. Just with different shocks and towers.
Cool. I did not know that. Thanks for the information.

Lower ride height of the typhon by changing the shocks and shock towers? Are they interchangeable or needs more modification

Cool. I did not know that. Thanks for the information.

Lower ride height of the typhon by changing the shocks and shock towers? Are they interchangeable or needs more modification
You could, yeah. Infraction shocks and towers can go right onto a Typhon.

Back