What did you do today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spent the whole day fixing the reticulation at the rental property. It was working last season but somehow it got issues over winter. It only had about 1/3 water flow across all stations. It uses pop-up sprinklers that rely on pressure, which ment that not many were actually opening. Straight away I found the power wire for the main solenoid valve had come out of the controller. Reconnected it and thought, that's an easy fix, but no it wasn't. Still no good.

Next I had to find the main supply solenoid valve which I eventually found buried 2 feet under the lawn. I didn’t find it first dig 😡. Found the solenoid was completely f@cked so I then had to go find a supplier in town. Fitted and tested the new solenoid and it was operating correctly so I ran the system through a test cycle but it still lacked flow(or pressure?)🤦‍♂️.

It had to be an issue up stream. Removed the pipe after the water meter but it had full flow there so it wasn't a issue with the supply to the property. It had to be the check valve in between the solenoid and meterand. It was.

So, at the end of the day I had replaced the solenoid, check valve, ball valve, repaired the wiring and dig up the lawn. How does all that go wrong between seasons?

I still have to replace about 6 pop-up sprinklers tomorrow.
20231019_154745.jpg

Spent the whole day fixing the reticulation at the rental property. It was working last season but somehow it got issues over winter. It only had about 1/3 water flow across all stations. It uses pop-up sprinklers that rely on pressure, which ment that not many were actually opening. Straight away I found the power wire for the main solenoid valve had come out of the controller. Reconnected it and thought, that's an easy fix, but no it wasn't. Still no good.

Next I had to find the main supply solenoid valve which I eventually found buried 2 feet under the lawn. I didn’t find it first dig 😡. Found the solenoid was completely f@cked so I then had to go find a supplier in town. Fitted and tested the new solenoid and it was operating correctly so I ran the system through a test cycle but it still lacked flow(or pressure?)🤦‍♂️.

It had to be an issue up stream. Removed the pipe after the water meter but it had full flow there so it wasn't a issue with the supply to the property. It had to be the check valve in between the solenoid and meterand. It was.

So, at the end of the day I had replaced the solenoid, check valve, ball valve, repaired the wiring and dig up the lawn. How does all that go wrong between seasons?

I still have to replace about 6 pop-up sprinklers tomorrow.
View attachment 327459
It continues. This morning I replaced 8 sprinklers, then ran it through a test cycle to find water coming up from underground. One of the pvc pipe has a hole. Time to dig up the lawn again. 🤦‍♂️😡

Did a trunk or treat with the kids tonight. Had our suv dressed up in all Mario stuff. Was pretty fun..
Got home and decided it was due time to bust out one of my freestyle drones. Went for the little 3".
Went to find a charger and couldn't find a darn charger or adapter for the xt30 so it wound up being a no go. Lame. Props back off and back in the box it goes till I can charge up a batt for it 😔

20231020_003114.jpg

Last night the wifey and I, along with my younger sister and her hubby, went out for some yummy steak dinner and then went to a Live show of Whose Line is it Anyway. It was freakin' awesome! I've seen almost every episode of the TV show. Ryan Stiles was hilarious! I wish Colin was there as those 2 are great together. Wayne Brady would have been cool too. Had a great time!
23590.jpeg
20231021_194555.jpg
20231021_204924.jpg
20231021_211824.jpg
20231021_213111.jpg

Had a little fire with the fam roastin' s'mores. Ain't nothin' like a chilly night next to the fire, listenin' to some classic rock and drinkin' some Coronas. 👍 😁 ✌️
20231104_185141.jpg
20231104_185232.jpg

Our small fish pond was losing water, so I spent the day replacing the liner.

I wasn't planning on doing it today but glad I got it done. I've yet to replace some plants at the front and fit a sprinkler.

Before:
20231029_101405.jpg

During:
20231105_124332.jpg

20231105_114858.jpg

After:
20231105_142023.jpg

My back hurts.

Stuck a Test TP SCM V1 Motor from my Dual motor water cooled limitless build in the Blackjack 42 to test some extreme RPM's with a max 5 HV G2 ... Before I stick in the 22s Flier 400amp ESC and a 110k V2 lol .... the result's will follow!!!!!

PXL_20231108_212414088.jpg

So today we arrived at a trailhead to enjoy 4 wheeling in the woods. Upon driving towards the start of the trail, I see what appears to be a brand new Toyota Tacoma enter the trail in front of me. First off, only atv's, utv's and sxs's are allowed on the trails. Secondly, these trails are full of deep fine sugar sand. Noticed it wasn't a 4x4. Knew this poor guy wouldn't get far. Sure enough buried his truck. Long story short, I winched him out with only a 3000 lb winch but then he had to back up out of the trail as they are very narrow and thick brush on both sides, so turning around is impossible. Had to winch a few more times but he made it out. Offered to pay me but I just told him to pay it forward as we all been there. His wife was in the truck with him and was not happy. Also had several scratches on the paint from brush. I'm betting wifey scolded him all the way home. Anyway, had been itching to try out my winch and finally got a chance. :LOL:

Back