What did you buy today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was looking at those TBR skis a few weeks ago, look like they'd work well in the snow and with the fin built into them they should steer quite well.

Any chance you could post some pics when you get the skis and paddles installed?

I have not seen anyone give feedback or share pics on these yet so I will make a post once I have a chance to try them out.

Made these for an r/c plane years ago...
Tamiya Grasshopper snow buggy build.jpg

"What did you buy today?"

$132 worth of parts.
"exploded view" has a whole different meaning when you hit a 4x4 post head on at about 50mph.

Attachments

• 14846163986471839228665.jpg
    14846163986471839228665.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 26
A Redcat Racing SC Blackout!
Yeah baby!
She's brushed, but hopefully not for long.
The new ESC arrived ahead of Her and the 36ookv motor is due to be delivered tomorrow or day after.
Then the fun begins!

Blackout 1.JPG
Blackout 2.JPG

Sweet looking truck!! What motor you going with for the brushless set up? And that price is right up my alley!!!

Last edited:
Sweet looking truck!! What motor you going with for the brushless set up? And that price is right up my alley!!!

The ESC is GOOLRC 80A, which might be a little large to fit into the compartment. I'm not ready to start chopping this baby up with a Dremel, so may rob/transplant the 60A ESC from my Raider into the Redcat.
The Motor is a 3900kv GOOLRC. Ordered a 3100kv, but there was some delay, blah-frickity-blah, so got a 3900kv until the slow boat from china brings the 3100. When to slow boat arrives, 3100 into Redcat and then the 3900 into the Vorteks. The 5400kv in the Vorteks is overkill, too much on the high end, not enough on the low end.

esc.JPG
motor.JPG

Steve, I will really appreciate your review on the ESC and motor as I am looking at it to upgrade my fury to brushless.

Got new wheel hexes for the front of my fury and they are great.

View attachment 5537

You're welcome @mrbelloso !
ESC was $30, motor for $18, the combo for <$50, not too shabby.
There are 60A ESC's for about $20-$25.
I'm pretty sure the 80A ESC is overkill, but oh well... Just having some fun...

You're welcome @mrbelloso !
ESC was $30, motor for $18, the combo for <$50, not too shabby.
There are 60A ESC's for about $20-$25.
I'm pretty sure the 80A ESC is overkill, but oh well... Just having some fun...
I ordered this one on December 1st for my Son's car I got him for Christmas. His first 4wd vehicle, but it's brushed so I did some pre-planning cause Dad likes fast... LOL
Combo was $46 and change. We'll see
ESC Motor.jpg

72Z15SS, I put that motor (BL 3650) in a traxxas telluride and it screamed. Zero Problems.

72Z15SS, I put that motor (BL 3650) in a traxxas telluride and it screamed. Zero Problems.
That's a big vehicle! This will go in a 1/10 scale 4WD car, not quite as big as a Telluride... Hope it's not too much?

Looking back it was the 3900 model. It did not come with instructions to set esc. Found it was similar to an XTM setup. The instructions (link below) allowed me to program the esc to desired settings. You could set it for your son.

X-SERIES 1/10th ESC and BRuShlESS MotoR uSER’S guIdE

http://www.hobbypeople.net/media/uploads/X60_X540_Combo_Users_Guide.pdf

The telluride is a 1/10 vehicle....Not like erevo is 1/10. It wasn't that big and weighed very little.

hmmm,
I think this disease is called Neromania....
IMG_0006.JPG

From left to the right:
My Big Rock last year.
Today the left blue Nero by my Girlfriend, and the rest are from yesterday by my colleagues. :D
The lights are temporarily, because we will later go out for "playing" and it is already dark outside.

Regards,
lonee

Looking back it was the 3900 model. It did not come with instructions to set esc. Found it was similar to an XTM setup. The instructions (link below) allowed me to program the esc to desired settings. You could set it for your son.

X-SERIES 1/10th ESC and BRuShlESS MotoR uSER’S guIdE

http://www.hobbypeople.net/media/uploads/X60_X540_Combo_Users_Guide.pdf

The telluride is a 1/10 vehicle....Not like erevo is 1/10. It wasn't that big and weighed very little.
Thank You Jlolley, I'll have to try those settings and see if they work. This one is a 3900kv motor, but I don't remember if mine came with a manual but they're usually not that hard to figure out. Most have the same type settings. I Hope...

Here is the car I will be putting it in. I bought it because it reminded me of the old Bill Thomas Cheetah from WAY back. Had a big block Chevy for power!
Bill Thomas Cheeta.jpg Redcat XBE.jpg

Last edited:
Hot Racing Aluminum Center Diff Mount and GKA Servo Brace on the way for my Kraton.

Pretty sure it's bullet proof now!

I ordered this one on December 1st for my Son's car I got him for Christmas. His first 4wd vehicle, but it's brushed so I did some pre-planning cause Dad likes fast... LOL
Combo was $46 and change. We'll see
View attachment 5547

I got my GOOLRC ESC installed and connected, then programmed it, carefully following the EngRish instructions.
On the 3rd attempt, the programming steps became clear and now have forward AND reverse.
In the end, my newly Brushless Redcat hauls a$$!
I'm sure Dad and sonny are going to be happy with your combo.

Back