Big Rock Shocks for big rock

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jimmer101

Reaction score
Hi I have just broken my front shock and was thinking to upgrade them to below ?

£18.97 20%OFF | GPM For ARRMA 1/8 TYPHON 1/10 Granite Big Rock Crew Senton 4X4 3S Upgrade Parts Metal Bold 102MM Front shock absorber AR330550
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mO1zQQs

Is it worth it or shall I get some more stockers ?

Should I upgrade the backs as well ?
What do you recommend on AliExpress?

Thanks !

Typhon 6S shocks all the way around are good strong option.

Do a new search for ‘arrma 6s shocks.’ The gpm ones look decent, but the 6s quality is worth it. The only issue would be the spring strength. You might need to order a weaker set for your lighter 3s truck.

Arrma does not offer different springs for Typhon 6s. So which springs would fit and be softer? Thanks.

I’ve had the stock springs from the Typhon 6S on mine and I’ve not had any issues.

Arrma does not offer different springs for Typhon 6s. So which springs would fit and be softer? Thanks.
Depends what you want to do. For stunts and jumping the heavier springs are fine. For general handling/racing suspension you basically want the arms to be parallel with the ground when it’s just sitting. So the 6s springs are made to do that for much heavier vehicles. You’d have to check the diameters, but as far as stock arrma springs go, the new 4s v2 springs are a good substitute.

I put 6s Mojave and kraton shocks on my granite, and needed to get the lighter springs so I wouldn’t be so top-heavy.

Hi I have just broken my front shock and was thinking to upgrade them to below ?

£18.97 20%OFF | GPM For ARRMA 1/8 TYPHON 1/10 Granite Big Rock Crew Senton 4X4 3S Upgrade Parts Metal Bold 102MM Front shock absorber AR330550
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mO1zQQs

Is it worth it or shall I get some more stockers ?

Should I upgrade the backs as well ?
What do you recommend on AliExpress?

Thanks !
gpm from aliexpress is the s...t. look at the photos. on 2s... the shock shafts like a plastic. second photo show the diffs betwen gpm and 6s.
you can by, but you will cry...

IMG_20230303_135401_595.jpg

IMG_20230303_135119_029.jpg

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back