Big Rock Big rock 3s shocks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GreatWhiteDope

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
hey fellas, question about fitting some new shocks on my Big rock 3s.
So I’ve got an extra pair of front K6 exb shocks for the rear and got a pair of Mojave 6s fronts for the front. Got the axial bushings n all. And not gonna lie it rides like poop.
I threw on the RPM front arms for the extra shock mounting hole. The rear seems to be fine but the Mojave fronts are just to damn long. Every time I take it out within the first couple minutes a turnbuckle pops out.
Any recommendations on a way to fix this?
I ends up just putting the stocks back on for now.

Step 1: make sure the 6s shocks are the same length then the original shocks. You can buy different lengths shock shafts.

Step 2: get springs with similar spring rate and the correct length for the shock

Step 3: choose the right oil. 600cst might be a good start in your case.

You need to use softer springs and most likely softer oil because it’s so much lighter. You can shorten the shocks
hey thanks man, i watched some videos on shortening them and went ahead and did it. And perfecto, they ride like a dream.
Step 1: make sure the 6s shocks are the same length then the original shocks. You can buy different lengths shock shafts.

Step 2: get springs with similar spring rate and the correct length for the shock

Step 3: choose the right oil. 600cst might be a good start in your case.
Managed to get them lowered and working really well. Tho I think I may need to change the oil. They are 1000 in the front and 1325 in the rear (stock oils)
600 sounds reasonable, thanks!

Back