Big Rock Big Rock BLX 3s low battery or overheating?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jsvt289

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. BigRock 4x4
New member to the family and learned so much from the amount of knowledge shared.
So thank you to all! Just got myself a big rock 3s running 5200 80 3s battery. I’ve been running it hard in large soccer fields and noticed low voltage after about 20-25 min. The motor seems hot to touch and not sure about the esc. It may be a low battery but if I shut it down and turn it back on I get a few more rips before low voltage again. So I’m not sure which it could be as I don’t have a temp gun or battery tester. Any advice is greatly appreciated!

20-25 minutes out of a battery running hard up and down a soccer field is actually pretty impressive run times out of 5200mah battery to be honest but that is 100% the LVC of the esc. Do have a voltage meter? Does your battery charger show the voltage of the battery when you plug it in? If your charger doesn't show you the voltage of the battery when you plug it in you should buy a different charger.

batteries been on charge for about 30 minutes now I’ll check it next time. What’s the voltage that the low voltage kicks in at?

batteries been on charge for about 30 minutes now I’ll check it next time. What’s the voltage that the low voltage kicks in at?
Should be like 3.6ish volts at rest. It really depends on the batteries.

Sounds like LVC. If you were running for 5 or 10 minutes I might think overheating. But that sounds like plenty of run time from a lipo for your hard ripping in the grass.

Always recommend picking up even a cheap temp gun for information's sake. Better to have knowledge than to be blissfully unaware.

Appreciate the feedback. Does anyone know What the operating temps for the stock esc and motor are?

Appreciate the feedback. Does anyone know What the operating temps for the stock esc and motor are?
To my limited knowledge I’ve seen lots of posts saying over 170F for 6s rigs is the danger zone. So I’d imagine ball park 150-170 for the 3s?

20-25 minutes out of a battery running hard up and down a soccer field is actually pretty impressive run times out of 5200mah battery to be honest but that is 100% the LVC of the esc. Do have a voltage meter? Does your battery charger show the voltage of the battery when you plug it in? If your charger doesn't show you the voltage of the battery when you plug it in you should buy a different charger.
Tried it this morning, battery was 10.85 volts

Tried it this morning, battery was 10.85 volts
Went full speed up and down my block for about 15 min. Going to pick up a temp gun this afternoon

Back