Share your best RC deals

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sale at Tower

https://www.towerhobbies.com/leap-year-sale/

1709142681201.png

1709142723833.png

@dure16 any thoughts on buying a mmx6s for a 1/10 scale "light" speed running build vs using a spare max6 I already have? obviously the max6 won't have data logging
That’s a good question. I’d say the Max6 is more likely to cut out, which is why you don’t often see speed runners use Hobbywing products.

But I bet either ESC could push a light 1/10 car over 120mph.

That’s a good question. I’d say the Max6 is more likely to cut out, which is why you don’t often see speed runners use Hobbywing products.

But I bet either ESC could push a light 1/10 car over 120mph.
You must have a way with words because this little guy found his way into my cart faster than I could realize what was happening:
20240229_163505.jpg

@305HemiGuy just got my ram body in today I ordered the paints plus some spare parts hopefully next weekend I can paint the body I got the Tamiya clear paint to use as a base for the automotive paint
Awesome man! Can't wait to see what you do with it! I just got mine today also. I'm actually test fitting it now. I noticed this lexan is waaay thicker than my other Proline lexan bodies.

20240301_120054.jpg

Looks nice im new to all this so do you have to drill holes for the post?
Yes, you do. For thinner bodies you could use a reaming tool to slowly drill out the holes manually. But this body is pretty thick, so I resorted to using a drill (Be careful if you use a drill since this is your first rodeo). Mount the clear shell on the truck, get everything nice & even and centered. Once you found the perfect resting spot for the body, mark the holes with a marker. Next drill out the holes. I started with a very small bit and gradually worked my way up to the bigger hole sized bit. You should be ready for paint after that.

You also have to get backing paint. Most common colors are white, black, and silver. Since you're using metallic green, I'd probably back it with silver.
Bright silver or just regular silver will do?

I didn’t even think of a backing color lol

Back