Rlaarlo Omni Terminator Monster Truck

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seems solid. Very happy a new contender has entered the market. Only helps innovation and price for consumers. Rlaarlo seems poised to stick around.

Good youtuber

From the videos, I've seen the Omni Terminator is underwhelming. Small in size, not enough room for the electronics, cheap tires, fragile body. In every video it tumbles on corners and even on solid landings. Having built up a couple of cheap cars myself, they can be improved on at home with enough will but when its competing in price with the bash proven Team Associated MT10, I'm not sure there is enough there to make it a buy.

I do believe Rlaarlo, could build excellent trucks. They just need to go for it, up the quality of a few things, skip some of the gimmicks and build a true 1/10th

I think the Terminator seem to be better built than the MT10 but the MT10 is bigger.

MT10 here (expensive) is 380-430 $ but if you only buy one RC the MT10 is better since it’s bigger and can run more places.

Rlaarlo should not advertise the Terminator as a 1/10 but maybe it’s that in China.

Base model is 199$ with a 3S 2200 mah battery, people should not expect MT10 size if you know anything about the hobby.

For me my expectations is that this is the best small Chinese RC you can buy. I not comparing it to a western sized 1/10 that cost *2

I am not gonna compare the MT10 to something bigger that cost *2 the price.

I have realistic expectations for 180-250$

Wov racing new cars would more be interesting to compare to MT10.

Last edited:
My opinion having driven it is that you should get the carbon version and swap it out for an aluminum chassis.

My bad, I thought the carbon version comes with a carbon chassis, but people say it's aluminum like the metal version. In which case, get the carbon one for sure for another $50. My affiliate link if you want to order: https://rlaarlo.com/?ref=e2JXieyO

Here's my thoughts on the truck:

I think it's time to do a shootout between my favorite 1/12 MT and the Omni-Terminator!

IMG_4869.jpeg

Last edited:
@razorrc

Some suggestion: Use the included speed pinion and drop screw to get more of the same stance as the savage.
May be possible to move shock as well.

Gotta to say I wished you got the Carbon rtr version to test, bigger motor and more powerful esc.

Intresting talk about battery

Last edited:
my bro just ordered one. I hope he gets what he paid for....

I want to see some pics of this next to a Stampede, Granite and Gorgon.

I want to see some pics of this next to a Stampede, Granite and Gorgon.

It’s pretty much the same size as the Savage XS, with about a 1/2” longer wheelbase.

Vas just dropped his unboxing.

It’s pretty much the same size as the Savage XS, with about a 1/2” longer wheelbase.

I can't remember how big the XS is. I've only ever seen one once.

Unpopular opinion:

Happy I built a brushless Grom for my kids instead of buying this overengineered Rlaarlo that needs to be 60mm longer.

They should have a chassis adapter kit with their alloy “upgrades”. I do love my am-x12 buggy however.

Last edited:
That's smaller than I was thinking. 2.8 wheels might be a bit much for that.

I run 2.2” stadium truck tires on my Savage XS, should be appropriate for the Rlaarlo too.

Rlaarlo sell 17 mm wheel hex adapters for it so it would be awesome to see it with some bigger tires.
Edit: It seems to be very skate park friendly so far.

another video

Last edited:
Last video above watch it. If its too small its too small but otherwise the 199$ version is solid.
So the 249$ version should be even better.

2.8” tires are already too big for it, I don’t see the reason for 17mm adapters.

Back