Rig of the Month contest discussions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@ARRMA-GET’M
I think you have a winner but the angle and background is lacking.

Recent winners have a great looking scenery setup and nice photograph with attention to focus etc.

just my 2 cents.
Choosing the right photo was difficult bcs the shots with the good backgrounds didn’t show all the body lines and colors of the Bugatti. Just this angle shows all the work that was done. I asked if a single photo could be a collage with 2 or 3 photos but I didn’t get a reply.

Choosing the right photo was difficult bcs the shots with the good backgrounds didn’t show all the body lines and colors of the Bugatti. Just this angle shows all the work that was done. I asked if a single photo could be a collage with 2 or 3 photos but I didn’t get a reply.
Understood, I know the amount of work that went into this and know you deserve the win.
Sadly people often vote on nearly stock RTR rigs some times. At least that was my experience and why I don't post an attempt to win.

Thought the whole thing was about not only effort put into a build, but the results of things like paint work. When zooming in, how clean are the lines on paint and lexan? Nothing is perfect, but thought cleaner lines would help. And background should only enhance the model you put a lot off effort on...not win it for you. Starting to think it's less about any of that and more about...well, I won't say.

I don't want any money. Thought the banner would be cool to have though.

Thought the whole thing was about not only effort put into a build, but the results of things like paint work. When zooming in, how clean are the lines on paint and lexan? Nothing is perfect, but thought cleaner lines would help. And background should only enhance the model you put a lot off effort on...not win it for you. Starting to think it's less about any of that and more about...well, I won't say.

Why not say your piece? After all this is a forum.

Last edited:
To be real, this is all for the fun of it. I enjoy the competition. But I wont boycott the event if I don't win. 🤣. 🏁.
Heck, I don't have to win, but being towards the top would even suffice. I'll admit, I do go for the under dog members with obviously less money (who still try hard) as well as undeniably cool, crisp builds (regardless) where they put a lot of effort in as well. To rely on backgrounds, man....that's just cheaping out. Even it's an expensive RTR. Noticed that road cars get quick easy votes too. It's all on who likes you well enough and darn well who doesn't.

I am not a paint and finish guy so my photos will always be about having fun with my RC trucks and include the environment I am bashing them in. There is room for all kinds of Arrma rigs in the contest. I'd also like to see entries that show off bling under the hood in addition to the usual exteriors and beauty shots.

I am not a paint and finish guy so my photos will always be about having fun with my RC trucks and include the environment I am bashing them in. There is room for all kinds of Arrma rigs in the contest. I'd also like to see entries that show off bling under the hood in addition to the usual exteriors and beauty shots.
Yeah, that's relevant too. If one isn't a paint guy...that's understandable. to get around that, a neat action shot or even standing still on a track or wherever you bash that lets the viewer see that it saw some action. That counts. Even if you didn't paint it, ya' gotta imprint your character onto the rig in some way imo.

Edit. But not a nice new stock RTR. Come on, man. 😅

Last edited:
Yeah, that's relevant too. If one isn't a paint guy...that's understandable. to get around that, a neat action shot or even standing still on a track or wherever you bash that lets the viewer see that it saw some action. That counts.
I love your truck.... is that a row of lights in the hood?

Yeah, that's relevant too. If one isn't a paint guy...that's understandable. to get around that, a neat action shot or even standing still on a track or wherever you bash that lets the viewer see that it saw some action. That counts. Even if you didn't paint it, ya' gotta imprint your character onto the rig in some way imo.

Edit. But not a nice new stock RTR. Come on, man. 😅
Some guys out there just bought a new rig and want to post a pic and show it off. That's what makes this hobby so fun. I like to paint, you want the gizzards, she wants pink. Some like speed or slow. It's all a good time. I have zero knowledge about this game. But I like it. 🤣

Some guys out there just bought a new rig and want to post a pic and show it off. That's what makes this hobby so fun. I like to paint, you want the gizzards, she wants pink. Some like speed or slow. It's all a good time. I have zero knowledge about this game. But I like it. 🤣
A new RTR. I never said they shouldn't be able to enter. I just think that shouldn't have a slim chance in hell though. Like Vince McMahon's theme song. Guess I'm guilty of letting that slide because I did vote for one past couple months. I just think a model should have someone's character put into it, one way or another. I know I can't pro-ject my perspective onto others, though. I'm sorry, but I can't help but see that it's also a bit of a popularity contest, as well rig appearance, regardless of member status. People either both like you AND the rig, or they just don't. I guess I mention it, because I have been ignored my whole life. I walk into my LHS and they'll either look over my short head to ask someone else (behind me) if they need help, or if I try to have much to do with them, I get laughed at. Mocked. One got into trouble for it because he did it right in front of his boss. I didn't have be a Karen. People... they've never liked me. It's like that Stuart Smaley character from SNL. I'm fine. I don't have a problem with myself, but for ONCE in life, an external validation would be pleasant. Especially with a rig that has been MY personal best and favorite.

Last edited:
A new RTR. I never said they shouldn't be able to enter. I just think that shouldn't have a slim chance in hell though. Like Vince McMahon's theme song. Guess I'm guilty of letting that slide because I did vote for one past couple months. I just think a model should have someone's character put into it, one way or another. I know I can't pro-ject my perspective onto others, though. I'm sorry, but I can't help but see that it's also a bit of a popularity contest, as well rig appearance, regardless of member status. People either both like you AND the rig, or they just don't. I guess I mention it, because I have been ignored my whole life. I walk into my LHS and they'll either look over my short head to ask someone else (after me) if they need help, or if I try to have much to do with them, I get laughed at. Mocked. One got into trouble for it because he did it right in front of his boss. I didn't have be a Karen. People... they've never liked me. It's like that Stuart Smaley character from SNL. I'm just fine. I don't have a problem with myself, but for ONCE in life, an external validation would be pleasant. Especially with a rig that has been my best yet.
This is a great forum for you. 🤣. You get to post a pic, learn more about upgrading your model, and meet us guys. 🤣 :cool:🏁

Last edited:
This is a great forum for you. You get to post a pic, learn to upgrade a model, And meet people like me. 🤣🤣. Have fun with it.
"Because you're good enough, smart enough, and dog gone it...people like you."

Don't get me wrong. I love this forum. I'm used to not being the most relevant in the 'room' so a little monthly contest won't be breaking me. Like all things, it's temporary. And it's also because I need to find a different distraction. Life itself is a distraction. We pick and choose.

Last edited:
"Because you're good enough, smart enough, and dog gone...people like you."

Hey, don't get me wrong. I love this forum. An insignificant little opinion like this definitely does not negate my joy from it. I'm used to not being the most relevant in the 'room' so a little monthly contest won't be breaking me. Like all things, it's temporary. And it's also because I need to find a different distraction. Life itself is a distraction. We pick and choose.
This much is true. Matters not if I or you win. It's all in good fun. No drugs, boose, or trouble. Just good ol" fun.

Last edited:
This much is true. Matters not if I or you win. It's all in good fun. No drugs, boose, or trouble. Just good ol" fun.
Who said no booze was involved? 😜😉🤣

Back