Rig of the Month contest discussions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's all on who likes you well enough and darn well who doesn't.
I don’t think that’s true. At least I hope it isn’t. I think there are a lot of factors to consider. My ROTM winner was a Typhon with Limitless shocks and shock towers from Jenny’s, otherwise totally box stock except for the Bug body and the Hoons. Not an expensive build by any means. It just came out good. But it still took me three tries to get the banner! 😂
A lot of entries are stock trucks with bodies painted/customized, etc., and that’s cool. I’ve even seen totally stock rigs win just because the picture was so good. Action shots are great!
I think there are a lot of ways to win ROTM with a lot of different approaches, and that’s what I enjoy about it.

All contest's are subjective if the judges are human. Can't take them to serious. Enter to win, but enter mostly for fun. I enjoy seeing the creative entries. My cereal box shells aren't everyone's cup a tea but got a few laughs. Good enough for me.:)

I don’t think that’s true. At least I hope it isn’t. I think there are a lot of factors to consider. My ROTM winner was a Typhon with Limitless shocks and shock towers from Jenny’s, otherwise totally box stock except for the Bug body and the Hoons. Not an expensive build by any means. It just came out good. But it still took me three tries to get the banner! 😂
A lot of entries are stock trucks with bodies painted/customized, etc., and that’s cool. I’ve even seen totally stock rigs win just because the picture was so good. Action shots are great!
I think there are a lot of ways to win ROTM with a lot of different approaches, and that’s what I enjoy about it.
You have the right attitude. Most do here, if not all. I just got out of whack.

All contest's are subjective if the judges are human. Can't take them to serious. Enter to win, but enter mostly for fun. I enjoy seeing the creative entries. My cereal box shells aren't everyone's cup a tea but got a few laughs. Good enough for me.:)
That was you? I found those hilarious.

My ROTM winner was a Typhon with Limitless shocks and shock towers from Jenny’s, otherwise totally box stock except for the Bug body and the Hoons. Not an expensive build by any means. It just came out good.
That was an awesome bug 👍

Heck, I don't have to win, but being towards the top would even suffice. I'll admit, I do go for the under dog members with obviously less money (who still try hard) as well as undeniably cool, crisp builds (regardless) where they put a lot of effort in as well. To rely on backgrounds, man....that's just cheaping out. Even it's an expensive RTR. Noticed that road cars get quick easy votes too. It's all on who likes you well enough and darn well who doesn'
I think your Senton looks awesome, love the color, sweet looking rig. Heck you're tied for 2nd.

I think your Senton looks awesome, love the color, sweet looking rig. Heck you're tied for 2nd.
Holy crap, I am. 😳 Well, I'm more than satisfied. That's too good for me at this point. Feeling like a full moon @$$. Disappointed in myself. Maybe next month I can put another one of mine I already have up there just for the fun of it like it's supposed to be. I got too serious. I'm sorry, guys.

Maybe over the winter, I could build something again. Something different to me. Then paint in the spring and put it up.

Some of the stuff I've seen in the forum's build images. Mind blowing how good they are.

What you gotta remember is that some of these guys have been on this forum for years and years, people have came and gone along the way. The guys who stay probably have more in common then most and will naturally agree with each other more. The internet is a massive place for miss interpretation, don’t take nothing personally, what ever has escalated this situation I’m sure was completely unintentional but it has spiralled it out of control.

Essentially we all have our rc cars to have fun, we come here to extend our knowledge to have more fun, this back an forth don’t sound like fun anymore so it’s probably time to draw a line, charge your lipos and do what makes you happy 👊🏼

What you gotta remember is that some of these guys have been on this forum for years and years, people have came and gone along the way. The guys who stay probably have more in common then most and will naturally agree with each other more. The internet is a massive place for miss interpretation, don’t take nothing personally, what ever has escalated this situation I’m sure was completely unintentional but it has spiralled it out of control.

Essentially we all have our rc cars to have fun, we come here to extend our knowledge to have more fun, this back an forth don’t sound like fun anymore so it’s probably time to draw a line, charge your lipos and do what makes you happy 👊🏼
You made more sense than anyone here on that so far. You're exactly right. I came to this forum as it was intended. I should leave it as such. It's just not for me. I don't belong here and have to accept that. I should get back to wrenching on a project, listen to some music or movie and forget about it.

You do belong here, we all share a common interest. Just remember everything is open to debate I’m sure there are plenty of people who agree with you on the initial conflict but probably dint voice their opinion at the time.

What we can all agree on is that no one comes here with the intention to upset anyone else, if anyone has upset you I’m sure their sorry - even if they won’t say it.

Get wrenching bro, tomorrow is another day. Peace ✌🏼

Guys I really don't have the patience for this crap right now knock it off.
I know you are in charge. Are you speaking to me? I said nothing wrong. If I did, review all the conservations. I don't think anyone said anything wrong. If your patients are waning, why not ask for help. Ask @WoodiE to help you. We are not instigating, anything. Think we were doing well. 👍 . Not one person gave anyone any crap. Just some good advice. Maybe this could be handed, in-house? :cool:. To be honest, I will not say my piece. If I do ,it will be in a PM. Thanks, Mike. @Dan B. would like to see what was said about him as well. This is a forum, right?.

Last edited:
I know you are in charge. Are you speaking to me? I said nothing wrong. If I did, review all the conservations. I don't think anyone said anything wrong. If your patients are waning, why not ask for help. Ask @WoodiE to help you. We are not instigating, anything. Think we were doing well. 👍 . Not one person gave anyone any crap. Just some good advice. Maybe this could be handed, in-house? :cool:. To be honest, I will not say my piece. If I do ,it will be in a PM. Thanks, Mike. @Dan B. would like to see what was said about him as well. This is a forum, right?
I’m all set with that dude, it’s fine. I’ve ignored him. I’m sure he’ll continue to call people out and alienate himself. Too bad, but whatever. I hope he can get himself some help, and I’m not being snarky when I say that.

I know you are in charge. Are you speaking to me? I said nothing wrong. If I did, review all the conservations. I don't think anyone said anything wrong. If your patients are waning, why not ask for help. Ask @WoodiE to help you. We are not instigating, anything. Think we were doing well. 👍 . Not one person gave anyone any crap. Just some good advice. Maybe this could be handed, in-house? :cool:. To be honest, I will not say my piece. If I do ,it will be in a PM. Thanks, Mike. @Dan B. would like to see what was said about him as well. This is a forum, right?.

I wasn't speaking to anyone in particular. And sorry I just haven't been myself lately my mental health is just not doing very well.

Back