Rig Maintenance Documentation

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NitroK

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Kraton 6s
Does anyone else keep a detailed log of repairs/maintenance/upgrade record of their rig. I have over a dozen cars and find it helpful over the years in keeping things organized.

I use Ms Excel to keep the following details for each rig;
1) Date
2) Repairs/Upgrades/Service
3) Parts Purchase - used to include cost but nowadays omit this entry ;)
4) Damage Report (mostly blame the rig, environment, cheap parts, etc but its never my fault)
5) Current specification of rig - electronics, gearing, diff/shock oil
6) Tires used - pros and cons
7) Transmitter setting - Gyro, EPA, Steering, etc
8) Pictures of the rig after each major upgrade
9) To Do List a)Current b) Future Upgrade
10) Links to online parts suppliers
11) Battery Type Used - runtime, top speed, summary of +ve/-ve
12) Number of Total Runs
13) Notes - details on handling, performance, durability or other relevant stuff

* Another excel sheet for Generic Inventory - Oils, nuts/bolts, glue, loctite, tires, gears, etc with current quantity and minimum reorder level

Does anyone else keep a detailed log of repairs/maintenance/upgrade record of their rig. I have over a dozen cars and find it helpful over the years in keeping things organized.

1) Date
4) Damage Report (mostly blame the rig, environment, cheap parts, etc but its never my fault)
12) Number of Total Runs
13) Notes - details on handling, performance, durability or other relevant stuff

* Another excel sheet for Generic Inventory - Oils, nuts/bolts, glue, loctite, tires, gears, etc with current quantity and minimum reorder level
20240411_044939.jpg

1) Date
12) Number of Total Runs

You are a very organized hobbiest 👍that is awesome .

Whatever tickles the pickle. Whole point of the hobby is to have it your way. Like Burger King, Lol. Build a Whopper with cheese, or no cheese! Type a log, eat some Burger King, then leave a log! Can you tell I've had too much caffeine? Oh, and btw, I'm not making fun of your metthods. I was genuinely surprised. I cannot fathom that kind of organization. Unlike me, I have seen plenty of RC hobbyist's hobby areas....and they do seem to have the same theme of organization; so you're definitely not alone, I'm sure. I'd be better off to be even half as organized as you.

Yup, I track almost all the same stuff, but it's in a notebook. Haven't had time to transfer to Excel yet. I've always been that way. Got over 700 DVDs with an Excel spreadsheet listing them all in Alphabetical order with every detail of the movie (genre, length, cast, rating, etc.) I used to rent them for a $1 at my old job before streaming. 😁 ✌️

I wish I would've started a log. The hardest part for me is remembering which diffs were replaced. I have four 6S rigs...those alone are 12 diffs to try and keep up with. I've found that being organized and keeping records makes life much more manageable, not just in this hobby, but overall.

I wish I would've started a log. The hardest part for me is remembering which diffs were replaced. I have four 6S rigs...those alone are 12 diffs to try and keep up with. I've found that being organized and keeping records makes life much more manageable, not just in this hobby, but overall.
Its never too late to start. It helps in the long run keeping track of what changes you made to the rig.

Back