Outcast 8s discontinued? Store just got them

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is a Mojave chassis rig that had an 8s body, wing, body mounts and wheels on it. Very close to the size of the 8s rigs, but the diffs couldn’t handle it.

Thats Very Cool and Yeah, I keep thinking "how the hell are the 6S Diff going to take those tires and weight"?

Im currently shopping RAM JAM and Scorched Titanium Front/Rear Axles and Center shafts because it's going to need them for 8S.

... im taking the long way around. 🤣

Reasonable, so you got an $800 RTR that would need another $200 in a chassis to do half of what my 6S Mojave 420mm Extra wide jumpers do on BLX chassis/towers/braces. AND… still slower than a 160A ESC/4092-4985 $200 motor combo on 6 cells 🤔. Enjoy putzing around over “big bumps” with your 1” larger diameter backflip tires 👍🏼

Edit-The little kids at the park will be impressed though 😂

View attachment 310139
+1

Haha, Im with Ya!

My experience isn't as extensive as others here but I played around with a few of the 8S in the LHS. Heavy!
For $400 as a roller its attractive. Still ends up being a $1k rig thats mostly stock grade.

And don't Tell Big Wolf He's Small, he'll run up your legs and body and do burnouts on your face. Hahaha.
He can Hurt You! He's NOT Small. Makes the 3S Typhon looks like a little toy.

Im learning and have seen that the largest 6S series parts are just a little smaller than the 8S series. If you Then Replace some of the parts with boutique brand titanium and high grade aluminum and tooling, put a 8S or 10S motor in it, find a Big custom Truck Body (if thats your thing) you have yourself a seriously Dangerous Machine on your hands! BIG too. Not sure I want anything bigger. Talbot has some cool truly HUGE rigs that look like they can be fun but also a handful to own, not for me.

This Isn't Small and it could be wider still and take on lots. I don't think the O8S is much bigger.
Taller with a 3 lbs body and 4 lbs of tires!

View attachment 310152
I remember when I thought my Talion XXL was similar in size to my XRT and then I drove em side by side and couldn't believe the difference. I really love that platform though and bad wolf looks awesome! I definitely agree about the putting 8s in the 6s rigs too. I used to have big block motors in my Talion XXL and Fireteam. Running the FT on 8s with a big block on the street was a lot of fun :cool:

image001.jpg

Talion XXL with +20mm hub extensions iirc, methodRC MT tires are big af too.. Next to a typhon.

So the 1/5 Outcast is a bit shorter and wider than the Kraton 8S?
How So?
Looks at these specs. Interesting.

Stretched 6S Kraton with 8S
Front/Rear Track 18.15" (461mm)
Wheelbase 16.54" (420mm)
Product Width 13.98" (355 mm)
Product Length 28.15" (715 mm)
Product Weight 14.5lbs
Tires: dBoots Back-Flip MT 6S 172m X 97mm, 17mm Hex

Arrma Outcast 1/5 EXB Roller (No Electronics!)
Front/Rear Track 23.46" (596mm)
Wheelbase 16.93" (430 mm)
Product Width 23.46" (596 mm)
Product Height 12.01" (305 mm)
Product Length 28.11" (714 mm)
Product Weight 23.32lbs (10.6kg)
Tires: dBoots Backflip 8S 203mm X 94mm, 24mm Hex
https://www.arrma-rc.com/en/product...me-bash-roller-stunt-truck-black/ARA5210.html

Arrma Kraton 8S 1/5 BLX
Front/Rear Track 23.70 in (602mm)
Wheelbase 19.33" (491 mm)
Product Width 19.33" (491 mm)
Product Height 10.47" (266 mm)
Product Length 29.92" (760 mm)
Product Weight 24.2lbs (11kg)
Tires:
dboots Copperhead2 SB MT 203mm X 101mm, 24mm Hex, 740g/each
https://www.arrma-rc.com/en/product...shless-speed-monster-truck-rtr/ARA110002.html

Arrma Mojave 6s BLX
Front/Rear Track 13.98" (355mm)
Wheelbase 16.54" (420mm)
Product Width 13.98" (355 mm)
Product Height 10.59" (269 mm)
Product Length 28.15" (715 mm)
Product Weight 11.88lbs (35mm)
Tires: dBoots Fortress 139m X 42mm, 17mm Hex, 230g/each
https://www.arrma-rc.com/en/product...-truck-with-spektrum-firma-rtr/ARA7604V2.html

Arrma Kraton 6S BLX
Front/Rear Track 18.15" (461mm)
Wheelbase 14.84" (377mm)
Product Width 18.15" (461 mm)
Product Height 7.68" (195 mm)
Product Length 23.39" (594 mm)
Product Weight 10.67lb (4.85kg)
Tires:
dBoots Copperhead2 MT 169m X 97mm, 17mm Hex, 330g/each
dBoots Back-Flip MT 6S 172m X 97mm, 17mm Hex, 280g/each
https://www.arrma-rc.com/en/product...-with-spektrum-firma-rtr-red/ARA8608V5T1.html

Last edited:
Im jelous that you people can buy the exb for 400 dollars! Here in europe it cost 2x as much.

Took a look at a pre owned one rtr model, the owner had crappy batteries so when i gave full trottle the truck shutted down, and sometimes the steering servo just also shutted off and came back on, when he turning it on, then one give trottle but no steering and after a while the steering works.
Not sure if im really up to buy one where i must either replace the esc or servo, or both. Great truck though, if i could buy a new exb for 400 i would not even considering and just done it, build one with Max 5 and the 1100kv motor and putted in a powerfull servo from start, cant believe they discontinue it and that the store here ask full price while you people even buying two of this lol

But but… they discontinued the Kraton 6s EXB and everyone knows the 6s platform is the best ever?!
This was a huge bummer and I still don't understand why.. If I had known they were going to be a goner I would have grabbed one way back. Shoot, for the longest time they were around $300!

Only thing that came to mind with the K6 EXB was all the diff issues the early models had maybe caused some consumer caution, slow sales? Or now that those issues are resolved they are going to go RTR EXB? Still waiting though and it has been some time.. I guess its a plus the Kraton V5 is such a solid RC.

Every model has their weakness, inconsistent QA/QC can really wreak some havoc. Also, drive styles make a huge difference. The only thing I have found with my K8S was the F/R/Center diff's were low and I am not liking the diff input gear play (finally got some shims to address that). Still on all the original stock arms. Seems like a good platform to me?

Last edited:
That’s a Kraton XL, which used to be a Fireteam. It had Redcat Kaiju wheels on it.

View attachment 310170

This is a Mojave chassis rig that had an 8s body, wing, body mounts and wheels on it. Very close to the size of the 8s rigs, but the diffs couldn’t handle it.

View attachment 310169

So what about the 6s Outcast RTR exb? Or the Talion? Why were they discontinued, when the 6s line is the best thing since boiled eggs?

Oh I see you edited it. They were slow sellers.

8s discontinued = junk money pit
6s discontinued = slow seller
Buy what we like I say🤷‍♂️ I can't speak about Arrma's 8s line since I haven't one..
Rather, I just wanted to say, you do build some beautiful rigs brother!😎🍻

Put $3k in my pocket and I'll build a nice k8s for You.:ROFLMAO:

My labor is free.:p
I just wanted to spend someone elses money to build it for them. And slam it with all the bling out there.:ROFLMAO:

So I added up what I have in my current Outcast build. I didn’t include a few pieces I had to source at the start of the original build because I did buy my OG Outcast used and it was missing things that would normally be included. I also didn’t include the price of the anodizing I had did, cause it’s more of a personal preference thing and not needed.

OG Outcast-$500 (rtr version from eBay. Came without electronics)
980 kv-$110
Max5-$150 (Bought new from a member on here)
3d bumper spring-$13
Dumbo x6-$45
Raminator servo-$55
Saga 30t pinion-$20
Ear plugs/shock oils-$30
Chassis-$212.50 (Bought on sale at m2c)
7mm shocks-$136(Bought on sale at m2c)
Total-
$1271.50

Hot racing servo saver-$35 (not needed, but mine was missing pieces from the original owner)
Total-
$1,305.50

Trenchers-$200 (Didn’t really need them, but wanted them.
Total-
$1,506.50

Second Outcast EXB for spares/rebuild $424
Total-
$1,930.50

BUT WAIT! I sold stuff from the new EXB that I won’t ever use!

Sold
Chassis-$73
Front shocks-$43
Rear shocks-$49

New total-
$1,738.50

For the amount of spares I have, and as tough as it’s been, I really don’t feel too bad about it. I think if I would have started with an EXB, the 7mm shocks wouldn’t have been needed so I could have saved there. The trenchers also weren’t needed and I have two perfect sets of 8s Backflips, but I wanted to try the trenchers so I got them.

Side note: I don’t think I’m ever going to add up what I have in one of these again.
Buy what we like I say🤷‍♂️ I can't speak about Arrma's 8s line since I haven't one..
Rather, I just wanted to say, you do build some beautiful rigs brother!😎🍻

Thanks brother! You know I got a couple more in the works!

So I added up what I have in my current Outcast build. I didn’t include a few pieces I had to source at the start of the original build because I did buy my OG Outcast used and it was missing things that would normally be included. I also didn’t include the price of the anodizing I had did, cause it’s more of a personal preference thing and not needed.

OG Outcast-$500 (rtr version from eBay. Came without electronics)
980 kv-$110
Max5-$150 (Bought new from a member on here)
3d bumper spring-$13
Dumbo x6-$45
Raminator servo-$55
Saga 30t pinion-$20
Ear plugs/shock oils-$30
Chassis-$212.50 (Bought on sale at m2c)
7mm shocks-$136(Bought on sale at m2c)
Total-
$1271.50

Hot racing servo saver-$35 (not needed, but mine was missing pieces from the original owner)
Total-
$1,305.50

Trenchers-$200 (Didn’t really need them, but wanted them.
Total-
$1,506.50

Second Outcast EXB for spares/rebuild $424
Total-
$1,930.50

BUT WAIT! I sold stuff from the new EXB that I won’t ever use!

Sold
Chassis-$73
Front shocks-$43
Rear shocks-$49

New total-
$1,738.50

For the amount of spares I have, and as tough as it’s been, I really don’t feel too bad about it. I think if I would have started with an EXB, the 7mm shocks wouldn’t have been needed so I could have saved there. The trenchers also weren’t needed and I have two perfect sets of 8s Backflips, but I wanted to try the trenchers so I got them.

Side note: I don’t think I’m ever going to add up what I have in one of these again.

Thanks brother! You know I got a couple more in the works!
Sounds very reasonable to me. No one buys a large scale without knowing what they're "in for" I don't think..certainly not more than once anyways.. I have one (Xmaxx)..still want another!!😎😁🍻
BTW, looking forward to the upcoming builds!😎

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back