Outcast 8s discontinued? Store just got them

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love how you guys bash the poop out of 8s rigs but then if a 6s rig breaks it’s “yOu dOn’T kNoW How tO dRiVe!”

Who holds the off road record?
Can of 🪱

There’s a losi on carpet/astroturf(or dry concrete riverbed) that holds the top speed record with Talbot’s Sausage. A basher over 60mph is pointless to me.

Can of 🪱

There’s a losi on carpet/astroturf(or dry concrete riverbed) that holds the top speed record with Talbot’s Sausage. A basher over 60mph is pointless to me.

Hmmmm, I thought Talbot’s sausage was based off two 8s rigs.

Concrete river bed sounds a lot like a concrete, ah, what are those called… ROAD.

Is your bigger rc faster than mine on grass too 🤡 there’s a reason speed records are held on and off-road by 1/7 scale.

Whatever Arrma thinks a 430mm OS8 is for marketing, but it sure as hell isn’t 1/5 scale even though it weighs as much as a real 30* North or Losi. Mojave is 420mm and OS8 is 430mm, it’s literally just an oversized pudwhacker that can even backflip from 30ft wide open as evidence from your video. A fireteam can pull that stock tires and 4S RTR electronics 🤷‍♂️

Anyone busting 6Sv5 stamped aluminum chassis is purposely trying to be an idiot or newb, there’s a reason EXB is discontinued.

Different strokes for different folks, nobody started anything until someone said 6S was small/underwhelming, I bet you tell chicks your peepee length in millimeters.

Not that i actually care, but... How the heck old are you?
You sound like a very immature child in your response.

I think my question about the people that judge the 8s line has been fully explained now........
Now I'm super dm sad I didn't buy one..

Multiple people came in here and directly contradicted your claims.

But not seasoned experts, so they are invalid. You and me are liars that just want other people to be miserable with us and our slow turd 8s rigs.

I think my question about the people that judge the 8s line has been fully explained now........

They were available on Tower this morning when I looked.

Is your bigger rc faster than mine on grass too 🤡 there’s a reason speed records are held on and off-road by 1/7 scale.

Whatever Arrma thinks a 430mm OS8 is for marketing, but it sure as hell isn’t 1/5 scale even though it weighs as much as a real 30* North or Losi. Mojave is 420mm and OS8 is 430mm, it’s literally just an oversized pudwhacker that can even backflip from 30ft wide open as evidence from your video. A fireteam can pull that stock tires and 4S RTR electronics 🤷‍♂️

Anyone busting 6Sv5 stamped aluminum chassis is purposely trying to be an idiot or newb, there’s a reason EXB is discontinued.

Different strokes for different folks, nobody started anything until someone said 6S was small/underwhelming, I bet you tell chicks your peepee length in millimeters.
6s arrma is small and underwhelming if you've driven something bigger with more power. How would you know? you only have 1 rig and probably have never even driven anything bigger with POWER. Seems like it would be common sense? There are tons of people who have bent BLX chassis, somehow thats unheard of to you though while you claim the 8s chassis is a problem?

Also, I never claimed my bigger RC was faster than yours. I don't give a fiddlestick how fast your mojave can go. I have a mojave too with better electronics than you, so?

You also don't know WTF arrma is going to do or what reasons they're doing it for. I'm not even the one who originally said it but my big rigs do make my smaller arrmas feel SMALL AND PUNY. That's the whole point of big rigs?!?!? If you drove my MCD or F5 you would think an arrma rig felt small and puny too. If you actually drove a kraton 8s and then a kraton 6s you would think it felt small and puny too. it's literally common freaking sense. One is bigger, heavier and has more powerful electronics. Like WTF are you even talking about.

No one is trying to insult or be unfair to your sensitive mojave bro.

Last edited:
scared chris geere GIF by You're The Worst 're The Worst
😂
Anticipation Popcorn GIF

Hurry to your LHS , there are plenty sitting collecting dust on the shelves. And since many LHS's recently got all the HH leftover 8s inventory for way lower than cost, you can walk out with one for real cheap. Get it out of your system.
Just make sure to "follow" all the 8S threads, you will be there alot.:LOL:
Everyone laughs at me . I don't mind getting flamed.
This is just RC conversation, right?

Edited.

Why is it gone now???:D Gone for a reason.
It's just common sense.
I think it is better to start reading all the old 8S AF threads.
This Thread is going no where fast. Just back and forth nonesense.
I just want those to be aware of the pros and cons to owning one. Make your own call.
I see mostly Cons. Not for me.
I don't need to spend stupid coin first before I am allowed to decide if it is great or not for me.
You decide for yourself and your wallet. Everone Likes "BIG". Big is not always the best. Unless you enjoy the bragging rights and all the Un-Fixed Arrma issues that plagued this 8s platform from day one. HH gave up up them. Maybe it's time we should also. And see if HH makes a better major revamped version. With the FIXED issues actually really Fixed.

Last edited:
Hurry to your LHS , there are plenty sitting collecting dust on the shelves. And since many LHS's recently got all the HH leftover 8s inventory for way lower than cost, you can walk out with one for real cheap. Get it out of your system.
Just make sure to "follow" all the 8S threads, you will be there alot.:LOL:
Everyone laughs at me . I don't mind getting flamed.
This is just RC conversation, right?

You should go to your local shop and see how cheap you can ACTUALLY get one and then show an actual invoice to prove your point. HH did a huge sale with the Fireteam as well and it looks like they went right back to selling them like normal. But I suppose that was different, right?

Got my FT for $400. yes. never would have otherwise.
Your point is a moot one.
The FT is not Discontinued. It is a different 6s platform closest in size to the 8s platform.
The 8s line is gone. For now.
LHS's like Willis Hobbies has them here. As does Brooklyn hobbies. They will sell them. Many will never say they are discontinued. Why would they? LHS' will still make a killing on them for sure. Need to off them for sure. Especially to that one guy that has no clue and Stares at that HUGE biggest 8s Arrma on the shelf.:giggle:
Which is not really a true 1/5 scale to begin with anyway. Yet weighs in at 30+ pounds.

Last edited:
I’ll just say one last thing in regards to the 8s line being discontinued.. From what I’ve seen in the past with other Arrma models is that they usually discontinue the current version and severely discount them in order to make room in the inventory for a release of the newest version. 🤷‍♂️🤞

Got my FT for $400. yes. never would have otherwise.
Your point is a moot one.
The FT is not Discontinued. It is a different 6s platform closest in size to the 8s platform.
The 8s line is gone. For now.
LHS's like Willis Hobbies has them here. As does Brooklyn hobbies. They will sell them. Many will never say they are discontinued. Why would they? LHS' will still make a killing on them for sure. Need to off them for sure. Especially to that one guy that has no clue and Stares at that HUGE biggest 8s Arrma on the shelf.:giggle:
Which is not really a true 1/5 scale to begin with anyway. Yet weighs in at 30+ pounds.

The EXB O8S does not say discontinued on Arrma’s website or Horizon’s…

The scale argument, is it/isn’t it a 1/5 scale is stupid silly to me, and not something I care to get involved in.
I’ll just say one last thing in regards to the 8s line being discontinued.. From what I’ve seen in the past with other Arrma models is that they usually discontinue the current version and severely discount them in order to make room in the inventory for a release of the newest version. 🤷‍♂️🤞

But but… they discontinued the Kraton 6s EXB and everyone knows the 6s platform is the best ever?!

When it comes to that being discontinued it means Arrma is releasing a new version, but the 8s stuff being discontinued means Arrma knows it’s a flop and is getting rid of it.

See how stupid these 6s VS 8s argument points are?

6s arrma is small and underwhelming if you've driven something bigger with more power. How would you know? you only have 1 rig and probably have never even driven anything bigger with POWER. Seems like it would be common sense? There are tons of people who have bent BLX chassis, somehow thats unheard of to you though while you claim the 8s chassis is a problem?

Also, I never claimed my bigger RC was faster than yours. I don't give a fiddlestick how fast your mojave can go. I have a mojave too with better electronics than you, so?

You also don't know WTF arrma is going to do or what reasons they're doing it for. I'm not even the one who originally said it but my big rigs do make my smaller arrmas feel SMALL AND PUNY. That's the whole point of big rigs?!?!? If you drove my MCD or F5 you would think an arrma rig felt small and puny too. If you actually drove a kraton 8s and then a kraton 6s you would think it felt small and puny too. it's literally common freaking sense. One is bigger heavier and has more powerful electronics. Like WTF are you even talking about.

No one is trying to insult or be unfair to your sensitive mojave bro.

Haha, Im with Ya!

My experience isn't as extensive as others here but I played around with a few of the 8S in the LHS. Heavy!
For $400 as a roller its attractive. Still ends up being a $1k rig thats mostly stock grade.

And don't Tell Big Wolf He's Small, he'll run up your legs and body and do burnouts on your face. Hahaha.
He can Hurt You! He's NOT Small. Makes the 3S Typhon looks like a little toy.

Im learning and have seen that the largest 6S series parts are just a little smaller than the 8S series. If you Then Replace some of the parts with boutique brand titanium and high grade aluminum and tooling, put a 8S or 10S motor in it, find a Big custom Truck Body (if thats your thing) you have yourself a seriously Dangerous Machine on your hands! BIG too. Not sure I want anything bigger. Talbot has some cool truly HUGE rigs that look like they can be fun but also a handful to own, not for me.

This Isn't Small and it could be wider still and take on lots. I don't think the O8S is much bigger.
Taller with a 3 lbs body and 4 lbs of tires!

IMG-5369a.jpg

The 6s Arrma line put Arrma on the Basher Map. And is their bread and butter. This goes back to the Hobbico days, original owner of the Arrma Brand.
6s line is mainstream and very mature. A proven platform. Extremely supported by so many Upgrade brands.

Look what happened to the V1 4s 4x4 line. It was a fail durability wise And disappeared very quick. And the HH site said on B/O for some long time thereafter , When it was actually Discontinued. Many got stuck with them. Not even any support or parts in many cases. HH never wants to say discontinued until all of them are gone. Because they don't want that negative hype at the LHS level. Where HH makes their bread.
The hyped push for a V2 4s version pushed Arrma to revamp that one too. For More $$. All while making the V2 4s very close in price to the 6s line. All too close. Less bang for the buck. Can't say that one is even all that popular IMHO.
Marketting likes to tell you what to buy, but as consumers we should tell them what we want.
The 8s line was just a Knee jerk response to the TrX Xmaxx. Then Trx came up with the XRT to battle back at Arrma.
My point is don't fall prey to all the marketting competition among the brands. Use some common sense. And everyone knows that Trx and Arrma battle it out. Both hoping we will empty our wallets for them both.

Last edited:
Haha, Im with Ya!

My experience isn't as extensive as others here but I played around with a few of the 8S in the LHS. Heavy!
For $400 as a roller its attractive. Still ends up being a $1k rig thats mostly stock grade.

And don't Tell Big Wolf He's Small, he'll run up your legs and body and do burnouts on your face. Hahaha.
He can Hurt You! He's NOT Small. Makes the 3S Typhon looks like a little toy.

Im learning and have seen that the largest 6S series parts are just a little smaller than the 8S series. If you Then Replace some of the parts with boutique brand titanium and high grade aluminum and tooling, put a 8S or 10S motor in it, find a Big custom Truck Body (if thats your thing) you have yourself a seriously Dangerous Machine on your hands! BIG too. Not sure I want anything bigger. Talbot has some cool truly HUGE rigs that look like they can be fun but also a handful to own, not for me.

This Isn't Small and it could be wider still and take on lots. I don't think the O8S is much bigger.
Taller with a 3 lbs body and 4 lbs of tires!

View attachment 310152

Kraton XL/Fireteam compared to an XRT, which is roughly the same size as a Kraton 8s. A XL chassis 6s rig is big, but to say it doesn’t look small compared to an 8s Arrma or in this case 8s Traxxas is just silly. And before I get flamed on it, I’d do a side by side with my Kraton 8s, but I don’t have it with me. These are my two most recent builds so they get the run time today.

And there is absolutely nothing wrong with the 6s line in my opinion, however like most women, I prefer them a little bigger.
DFE5616F-8787-4E3B-8CE7-3F0F9510AE75.jpeg

839CFFC7-8A5C-4DA2-AEF0-723ED6D1382E.jpeg

I tried to make a 1/7ish Outcast with a Mojave chassis and 8s wheels. The diffs couldn’t handle it.

8CAB74A6-C637-457C-A885-9F9AD2D616C9.jpeg

The 6s Arrma line put Arrma on the Basher Map. And is their bread and butter. This goes back to the Hobbico days, original owner of the Arrma Brand.
6s line is mainstream and very mature. A proven platform. Extremely supported by so many Upgrade brands.

Look what happened to the V1 4s 4x4 line. It was a fail durability wise And disappeared very quick. And the HH site said on B/O for some long time thereafter , When it was actually Discontinued. Many got stuck with them. Not even any support or parts in many cases. HH never wants to say discontinued until all of them are gone. Because they don't want that negative hype at the LHS level. Where HH makes their bread.
The hyped push for a V2 4s version pushed Arrma to revamp that one too. For More $$. All while making the V2 4s very close in price to the 6s line. All too close. Less bang for the buck. Can't say that one is even all that popular IMHO.
Marketting likes to tell you what to buy, but as consumers we should tell them what we want.
The 8s line was just a Knee jerk response to the TrX Xmaxx. Then Trx came up with the XRT to battle back at Arrma.
My point is don't fall prey to all the marketting competition among the brands. Use some common sense. And everyone knows that Trx and Arrma battle it out. Both hoping we will empty our wallets for them both.

But why are they discontinuing so many 6s based rigs then?

8s discontinued = garbage
6s discontinued = NEW VERSION

Last edited:
Kraton XL/Fireteam compared to an XRT, which is roughly the same size as a Kraton 8s. A XL chassis 6s rig is big, but to say it doesn’t look small compared to an 8s Arrma or in this case 8s Traxxas is just silly. And before I get flamed on it, I’d do a side by side with my Kraton 8s, but I don’t have it with me. These are my two most recent builds so they get the run time today.

And there is absolutely nothing wrong with the 6s line in my opinion, however like most women, I prefer them a little bigger.

View attachment 310160

View attachment 310161

Yeah, I see that. I Hear Ya too! Bigger tires and Lots of Body too. Can I put a Buggy Body on an Outcast 8S? :)
Are those Copperhead2 MT's on the Kraton? They are 169x97mm and I use the Back-Flip MT at 172x97mm. Not too much of a difference.
I was planning on putting a 200+mm tire on mine. I have the Mojave Chassis, it's longer than the Kraton. And I have Typhon towers which are shorter than the Kraton. I can put on FT towers and shocks, a Bigger wing, some side extensions for battery and a bigger body and be very close to a O8S.

Copperhead2 SB MT that come on the Kraton 8S are 203x101mm (740g/each!)
Scorpion XL Belted Tires Viper are 218x109mm (780g/each!!)

Last edited:
But but… they discontinued the Kraton 6s EXB and everyone knows the 6s platform is the best ever?!
The EXB K6s is just one version of the 6s line. Rollers are not money makers for most any RC brand. The 6s line is very strong. HH can justify giving you cheap electrics /servos and a crappy radio while selling it as a higher priced RTR. Arrma can just sell the K6s RTR version and expect you to buy every $EXB$ part, a la carte for it. More profit this way. Parts is where Brands make all the $$$. Not from the Boxed kits, especially rollers. They need parts to break. Or their busness model is a fail IMHO.
Whereas the 8s line was not a strong a seller. An expert level rig needing much patience and a very FAT wallet. Not for the faint of heart, that cant deal with inherent flaws. Like input cup C-clips falling out, brken Arms, bent shocks and the $carnage$ that results. Not all, but Many 8s owners know this. Secretly having buyers remorse. Selling them off as money pits. One could argue that ALL RC's are money pits. So this can is subjective.
The best RC is the one for YOU that keeps driving and spends less time on the Bench trying to Fix an inherent repetative nuisance issue. Drive any RC gently like an old lady, and I bet it will be the best for you. It will never break. I laugh at the guy who dumps $2k into thier rigs and say they never break. Sure because they sit on the shelf all the time. Not honest IMHO. You guys know who you are....... I run all of mine. And I don't abuse them. So they don't end up abusing me.:LOL:

View attachment 310160

View attachment 310161

I tried to make a 1/7ish Outcast with a Mojave chassis and 8s wheels. The diffs couldn’t handle it.

View attachment 310166

Like I sated above, it is the 6s Rollers not making enough $$$. And the RTR or even the EXB Talion was always a slow seller for some odd reason. don't know why. But always has been over the years. Not on everyones list as first choice for an Arrma 6s model.
Selling price of a RTR EXB platform is always the most $$. Maybe not practical for most.. IDK.

Last edited:
Yeah, I see that. Bigger tires and Lots of Body too.
Are those Copperhead2 MT's on the Kraton? They are 169x97mm and I use the Back-Flip MT at 172x97mm. Not too much of a difference.
I was planning on putting a 200+mm tire on mine. I have the Mojave Chassis, it's longer than the Kraton. And I have Typhon towers which are shorter than the Kraton. I can put on FT towers and shocks, a Bigger wing, some side extensions for battery and a bigger body and be very close to a O8S.

Copperhead2 SB MT that come on the Kraton 8S are 203x101mm (740g/each!)
Scorpion XL Belted Tires Viper are 218x109mm (780g/each!!)

That’s a Kraton XL, which used to be a Fireteam. It had Redcat Kaiju wheels on it.

B7A284B8-0B20-4F71-BF8D-C7B420726F33.jpeg

This is a Mojave chassis rig that had an 8s body, wing, body mounts and wheels on it. Very close to the size of the 8s rigs, but the diffs couldn’t handle it.

09305B42-58DB-4EA3-A935-F3211CAC8D19.jpeg

The EXB K6s is just one version of the 6s line. Rollers are not money makers for most any RC brand. The 6s line is very strong. HH can justify giving you cheap electrics /servos and a crappy radio while selling it as a higher priced RTR. Arrma can just sell the K6s RTR version and expect you to buy every $EXB$ part, a la carte for it. More profit this way. Parts is where Brands make all the $$$. Not from the Boxed kits, especially rollers. They need parts to break. Or their busness model is a fail IMHO.
Whereas the 8s line was not a strong a seller. An expert level rig needing much patience and a very FAT wallet. Not for the faint of heart, that cant deal with inherent flaws. Like input cup C-clips falling out, brken Arms, bent shocks and the $carnage$ that results. Not all, but Many 8s owners know this. Secretly having buyers remorse. Selling them off as money pits. One could argue that ALL RC's are money pits. So this can is subjective.
The best RC is the one for YOU that keeps driving and spends less time on the Bench trying to Fix an inherent repetative nuisance issue. Drive any RC gently like an old lady, and I bet it will be the best for you. It will never break. I laugh at the guy who dumps $2k into thier rigs and say they never break. Sure because they sit on the shelf all the time. Not honest IMHO. You guys know who you are....... I run all of mine. And I don't abuse them. So they don't end up abusing me.:LOL:

Like I sated above, it is the 6s Rollers not making enough $$$. And the RTR or even the EXB Talion was always a slow seller for some odd reason. don't know why. But always has been over the years. Not on everyones list as first choice l for an Arrma 6s model.
Selling price of a RTR EXB platform always the most $$. Maybe not practical. IDK.

So what about the 6s Outcast RTR exb? Or the Talion? Why were they discontinued, when the 6s line is the best thing since boiled eggs?

Oh I see you edited it. They were slow sellers.

8s discontinued = junk money pit
6s discontinued = slow seller

Last edited:
Since I haven't jumped into that scale yet it sounds like my options just narrowed. XMaxx, XRT, DBLXE, Kraken Vektra... the front runner is still the Xmaxx because of parts availability and durability. My next Arrma will be an Infraction 6S or Unlimited.

You know what they say about skinny chicks? They look like little boys from behind.

Thats all I have left to contribute.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back