Outcast 8s discontinued? Store just got them

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ray87

Reaction score
Hi. I was searching for the outcast 8s rtr and on the Arrma homepage it is listed as discontinued? Are they just out of stock or do they not making them anymore?

Kinda confused since one of my local store just got them in stock yesterday and the price was raised too from last time they was in stock.

Consider to pick it up but same time kinda sceptic if it’s already discontinued just 3 years after it was released? Would it be a v2 or is it completly going away?

Tnx for information about it.

If you Absolutely want it buy it.
Just I woud be weary of discontinued Products. IMHO the 8s line was a bust. Might as well get it out of your sytem if you want it.
I don't expect any new 8s coming soon. They need to completely revamp that 8s platform. It is a 30+ pound rig.. That I say is 10 pounds too heavy. With some common durability issues that Arrma never resolved. Very costly to own and maintain. $200.+ for tires alone is ludicrous for upgrade better tires
But don't let me rain on your parade. We all see RC differently.
Remember that this is an Expert Level Platform and not for the faint of heart. With a light wallet.

HH and Arrma are dumping whatever inventory they have of them onto the LHS's. So HH can Off every last one of them from their inventory. Just My opinion. One that some others will disagree with.
Whatever your choice, have fun.
The RTR is discontinued AFAIK, but that doesn't mean there isn't still stock floating around out there.
Yeah because it is a slow seller. Not a hot item anymore. Like it even ever was? No more hype. HH is probably dumping them onto LHS's at steep discounts. Like they did several months ago. HH will not say it is discontinued until every last one is gone. They need to keep selling and promoting it. And so the LHS's will still have interest in them. Production stopped IMHO. prove me wrong.

I can paste all the threads here with all the same recurring 8s Flaws without any real Arrma fixes. The list gets long.
Yet many will say theirs is perfect, and no worse than any other model.:rolleyes: Maybe misery loves company.....:giggle: While others are just glutens for $punishment$. IDK.
You be the judge.
Buy one for VERY cheap, and sell it if its not for you. Make it work for you. Don't pay full retail whatever you do. And make sure All the parts are still available.
With Cash in Hand, I am sure most any LHS will sell it for half off. What they got it for anyway , just to off it quickly.

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/ok-8s-rear-bearing.63596/

Last edited:
Thanks for the info, so if we don't know if they make a v2 of the outcast 8s then i would start worry about the part available a few years from now, from a small country with limited stores having parts already, and i wont imagine stores keeping a good stock when the trucks isnt produced anymore.

Full store price is still high, one store raised the price with like 100 dollars from last time they had it.
Could consider a second hand just to try it out but again sceptic about getting parts later, what about the kraton 8s they share most parts, are they going to stop making kraton 8s as well?

Horizon have kraton as not available and outcast as discontinued, but Arrma homepage say they Are sold out but back in stock in july? So seems like they still making the outcast or do they just list it like that until all LHS have sold them out?

Last edited:
My Outcast 8s and Kraton 8s share a lot of parts. Both are EXB but I think they share a lot of parts with the BLX versions as well like arms and diffs. I'm not too worried about being able to get parts for them 🤷🏻‍♂️

Thanks for the info, so if we don't know if they make a v2 of the outcast 8s then i would start worry about the part available a few years from now, from a small country with limited stores having parts already, and i wont imagine stores keeping a good stock when the trucks isnt produced anymore.

Full store price is still high, one store raised the price with like 100 dollars from last time they had it.
Could consider a second hand just to try it out but again sceptic about getting parts later, what about the kraton 8s they share most parts, are they going to stop making kraton 8s as well?

Horizon have kraton as not available and outcast as discontinued, but Arrma homepage say they Are sold out but back in stock in july? So seems like they still making the outcast or do they just list it like that until all LHS have sold them out?
Arrma still sells parts for a lot of discontinued stuff. I see no reason to worry if you want it 😎

I haven’t broken a single thing on my K8S I got last November ,…….. oh ,….. I haven’t driven it yet either! 😂
According to some it's so heavy it'll break itself just sitting there 🤣

I've seen many products discontinued on the European site if the product is not available. Seems to be a bug in the system for some products to display "discontinued" instead of "out of stock".

I’ve heard of guys having them fall apart when they pick them up out of the box for the first time. Just too much weight they can’t handle it.

My K8S and O8S have been pretty trouble free however, besides that time I caught the Kraton smoking. Said it wasn’t her, it was her ESC… pff, who hasn’t heard that one.

Arrma still sells the rolling chassis Outcast EXB and you can install your own electronics.
Yes so it’a not discontinued after all, and the exb was the first one that showed up as discountinued about a year a go or so?
I’ve heard of guys having them fall apart when they pick them up out of the box for the first time. Just too much weight they can’t handle it.

My K8S and O8S have been pretty trouble free however, besides that time I caught the Kraton smoking. Said it wasn’t her, it was her ESC… pff, who hasn’t heard that one.
I had the kraton 8s rtr last year and it was very durable, only issues was the bent rear center axle, nothing other issues and i had bad landings from about 1.5 meter but only on grass/sand pits with the jumps.

Kinda surprised if the outcast 8s would be removed from the marked because of the durability after the experience i have with the kraton.

Do we know if the Kraton 8s would be discontinued as well? And outcast would be gone for good or a v2 coming soon? If i buy second hand it dosnt matter much but buying a brand new one i would probably wait for the v2.

I’d say get into the 8s if you have interest. Lots of guys, in this thread even, will post things like “30lb rig is too heavy” and “lots of flaws” which are just regurgitated thoughts of themselves when they have no real experience with the line or platform. Don’t believe everything you read on the internet. 🤣

Is it heavy? Sure.
Is it large? Sure.
Is it durable? Yup, very in fact.
Do things break? Yup like anything else. Especially when you start adding huge power levels.

That’s just my experience with an 8s Kraton EXB. So take that for the little it’s worth. I just cartwheeled mine down some granite after a bad landing a few hours ago with nothing but a scrape. Again form your own opinions not the internet’s.

8s is entirely a different animal from 6s or 4s.

10mm longer wheelbase than a fireteam, 10lbs heavier, and 10 times more likely to break.

I’d say get into the 8s if you have interest. Lots of guys, in this thread even, will post things like “30lb rig is too heavy” and “lots of flaws” which are just regurgitated thoughts of themselves when they have no real experience with the line or platform. Don’t believe everything you read on the internet. 🤣

Is it heavy? Sure.
Is it large? Sure.
Is it durable? Yup, very in fact.
Do things break? Yup like anything else. Especially when you start adding huge power levels.

That’s just my experience with an 8s Kraton EXB. So take that for the little it’s worth. I just cartwheeled mine down some granite after a bad landing a few hours ago with nothing but a scrape. Again form your own opinions not the internet’s.

8s is entirely a different animal from 6s or 4s.
Yes i lost the interest with the 6s cars after owning rigs like x maxx and kraton 8s earlier, my only options would be a 1/6 or 1/5 scale, everything else feels too light and small where i drive it.

That said im not worried for durability since the k8s did well for me, and maby the outcast is even more durable when it comes to rear center drive shaft and chassis.

I cant find anything about that it’s confirmed by arrma that they will stop making outcast 8s, either way kraton 8s is still selling as before right?
BACKORDER | Next Shipment June 2021
Yeah right.
Nice price if i could bought it for that i would done it right away.

Same here. The smaller 1/8th 6s and 1/10th 4s stuff doesn’t work in my terrain. Large 1/5 stuff does and there is nothing like 1/5th flying at 50ish mph down large gravel. 🤣

I don’t think Arrma has confirmed anything, but the Kraton 8s is available in RTR form I believe. The EXB is gone though sadly.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back