Kraton Kraton 8s out drive pins just keep breaking changed to m2c and still breaking them

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
View attachment 355358

This is really important and it will keep happening until you address the droop or shock travel. Personally I put nylon washers on my rear shock shafts to limit travel and have never had it happen again. Not even on my 12s kraton.

I use these but you can use whatever works.

https://a.co/d/dmyexft
I picked these washers up but the m10 seems too small to compress the spring. Am I missing something?

Keep in mind I’ve yet to take off the shock and try to fit them. This was just the eye ball test

I picked these washers up but the m10 seems too small to compress the spring. Am I missing something?

Keep in mind I’ve yet to take off the shock and try to fit them. This was just the eye ball test

I think you might be confused about what the washers are supposed to do. It has nothing to do with the spring, you don't even use the m10 washers. It's the smaller ones you use and you put them around the shock shaft so you only need a washer with a hole big enough to fit the shock shaft through it.

Untitled.png.jpg

I think you might be confused about what the washers are supposed to do. It has nothing to do with the spring, you don't even use the m10 washers. It's the smaller ones you use and you put them around the shock shaft so you only need a washer with a hole big enough to fit the shock shaft through it.

View attachment 365036
Ah interesting. Yes, I was confused about how they should work. I appreciate the write up and pic

Back