Outcast 8s discontinued? Store just got them

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds very reasonable to me. No one buys a large scale without knowing what they're "in for" I don't think..certainly not more than once anyways.. I have one (Xmaxx)..still want another!!😎😁🍻
BTW, looking forward to the upcoming builds!😎

Before I started beating it a little too hard and having to upgrade the RTR shocks and chassis I was pretty stoked with how little I had into it. If I started over with an EXB I would keep the power system the same, sell the stock chassis right away and put that money towards an M2C chassis and have a pretty tough capable 8s rig for right around $1,000.

So I added up what I have in my current Outcast build. I didn’t include a few pieces I had to source at the start of the original build because I did buy my OG Outcast used and it was missing things that would normally be included. I also didn’t include the price of the anodizing I had did, cause it’s more of a personal preference thing and not needed.

OG Outcast-$500 (rtr version from eBay. Came without electronics)
980 kv-$110
Max5-$150 (Bought new from a member on here)
3d bumper spring-$13
Dumbo x6-$45
Raminator servo-$55
Saga 30t pinion-$20
Ear plugs/shock oils-$30
Chassis-$212.50 (Bought on sale at m2c)
7mm shocks-$136(Bought on sale at m2c)
Total-
$1271.50

Hot racing servo saver-$35 (not needed, but mine was missing pieces from the original owner)
Total-
$1,305.50

Trenchers-$200 (Didn’t really need them, but wanted them.
Total-
$1,506.50

Second Outcast EXB for spares/rebuild $424
Total-
$1,930.50

BUT WAIT! I sold stuff from the new EXB that I won’t ever use!

Sold
Chassis-$73
Front shocks-$43
Rear shocks-$49

New total-
$1,738.50

For the amount of spares I have, and as tough as it’s been, I really don’t feel too bad about it. I think if I would have started with an EXB, the 7mm shocks wouldn’t have been needed so I could have saved there. The trenchers also weren’t needed and I have two perfect sets of 8s Backflips, but I wanted to try the trenchers so I got them.

Side note: I don’t think I’m ever going to add up what I have in one of these again.

Thanks brother! You know I got a couple more in the works!
Personally I think you were generous for including tire price. It's hard for me to include it as I have multiple rigs that can use them. 🤣

These rigs really aren't anything close to 3k, hell even the m2c beefcake kit is only 570$ and that still wouldn't put me anywhere near 3k.

I only say that 8s line is not for me.
I cannot afford it. Nor do I want to try.:LOL:
Many can afford them. Yet many others never consider what it takes also. At $400. for an 8s roller, it is all too much of a tease to pull the plug on one. I always feel the urge . Trust me.:ROFLMAO:

Personally I think you were generous for including tire price. It's hard for me to include it as I have multiple rigs that can use them. 🤣

These rigs really aren't anything close to 3k, hell even the m2c beefcake kit is only 570$ and that still wouldn't put me anywhere near 3k.

Yeah, I probably shouldn’t have included the tires when I have 4 other rigs I can run them on, but I didn’t want someone to see my build thread and then come back and call me a phony little liar for not including the price of tires. With what I have in mine including 2 bodies, 3 sets of tires (including the trenchers) and a spare set of everything besides the shocks and a chassis, I think I’m doing pretty good.

I only say that 8s line is not for me.
I cannot afford it. Nor do I want to try.:LOL:
Many can afford them. Yet many others never consider what it takes also. At $400. for an 8s roller, it is all too much of a tease to pull the plug on one. I always feel the urge . Trust me.:ROFLMAO:
I hear that! Honestly, I mean tires and body cost nearly $250!? I bet one can be built out under $750. Not big block but, still..

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back