NEW TRAXXASS HOSS??? ??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don’t know crap about Traxass cars but I was like, hmm that looks familiar. Is that just different tires and body?
It IS
You can see all of the empty space inside the body its humongus ?‍♂️. Im honestly quite depress that traxxas cannot compete with arrma in prices and reliability on the 3s line its just pitiful sad 480$ for a 3s i thought 530 was bad for 4s this is nothing. They just milk money from their fanbase even if their cars are junk and think its normal that parts break every run. In the pass they were durable vs their competition now its not true

That $479 price tag for a 3s 1/10th. Is it going to be worth $179 more than a Granite? We'll see. I've certainly sunk more than $179 into my Granite to get it to where I want it. I'm already seeing non-threaded shocks and tiny wheel hexes though (same as the Granite, but I've upgraded those).

Last edited:
That $479 price tag for a 3s 1/10th. Is it going to be worth $179 more than a Granite? We'll see. I've certainly sunk more than $179 into my Granite to get it to where I want it.
If you compair it to the v3 it stands no chance v2 maybe most of the complains got fixed

The name Hoss just makes me think of the opening to Pawn Stars.

Rick Harrison RC meme.jpg

Last edited:
Can someone tell me how this compares to the Maxx? I see it's 3S and the Maxx is 4S. Is it larger? More ground clearance? Why would you buy this over the Maxx? Honest question.

Can someone tell me how this compares to the Maxx? I see it's 3S and the Maxx is 4S. Is it larger? More ground clearance? Why would you buy this over the Maxx? Honest question.

I can't think of a case you'd choose this over the Maxx. Just a few differences from first glance

The shocks alone!!! It appears to comes with the bottom of the barrel Traxxas small bore ultra shocks - same that come on the basic 2wd slash. Blown caps and bent rods all day. The Maxx shocks are a HUGE improvement (About $60 from Jenny's). Then the chassis of the Maxx is almost a miniaturized XMAXX in terms of design and durability while the Hoss basically is shared with the lower end Traxxas vehicles. It's actually narrower than the MAXX too which is already a problem for the MAXX although it's probably lighter and possibly sits lower. Other stuff on the MAXX is really beefed up durability wise due to having a "mini- XMaxx" architecture. HOSS is 3s but has the same motor as the MAXX but frankly I run my MAXXes on 3s and they run really well.

I can't think of a case you'd choose this over the Maxx. Just a few differences from first glance

The shocks alone!!! It appears to comes with the bottom of the barrel Traxxas small bore ultra shocks - same that come on the basic 2wd slash. Blown caps and bent rods all day. The Maxx shocks are a HUGE improvement (About $60 from Jenny's). Then the chassis of the Maxx is almost a miniaturized XMAXX in terms of design and durability while the Hoss basically is shared with the lower end Traxxas vehicles. It's actually narrower than the MAXX too which is already a problem for the MAXX although it's probably lighter and possibly sits lower. Other stuff on the MAXX is really beefed up durability wise due to having a "mini- XMaxx" architecture. HOSS is 3s but has the same motor as the MAXX but frankly I run my MAXXes on 3s and they run really well.
So why is the Hoss more money than the XMaxx? Doesn't make sense.

I wouldn't buy it over the Arrma 3S line that's for sure.

Totally agree - the MAXX on the other hand has some comparative merit. Pricewise it's another level up obviously - but my built BRCC which is way over the budget of a stock MAXX does not come close to comparing in terms of bash/jumping durability as long as you keep it stock. The widening can bring some other issues to the table.

So the value in terms of durability is actually better in my experience.

Performance is another story. A lot of criticism about the Maxx out there in the handling/rolling department. All totally valid. I find it acceptable as long as I go into it thinking I'm not driving a buggy or truggy or SCT but a monster truck. I also find it really fun on 3s actually which helps keep it more composed. If you don't think you wanna jump and bang around too much and value the handling and compliance side of things, then looking at one of the Arrma 3s makes total sense.

This is my question exactly. I guess if you want to save yourself from spending an extra $100

I'd take a Kraton 6s over an Xmaxx 8s any day of the week. But everyone likes different things...
Large scale just was not for me I guess.
I have a Kraton 6s, the Xmaxx is an unstable beast of a truck thpugh...it doesn't have all the stability Arrma builds into it's models and it apparently pretty tough...it's the only Traxxas thats even on my radar ;)

It's the Lamborghini or Ferrari to my high performance Porsche...probably never have one though, wife already gave me the stink eye when I bought a $600 RC in the Kraton :(

I have a Kraton 6s, the Xmaxx is an unstable beast of a truck thpugh...it doesn't have all the stability Arrma builds into it's models and it apparently pretty tough...it's the only Traxxas thats even on my radar ;)

It's the Lamborghini or Ferrari to my high performance Porsche...probably never have one though, wife already gave me the stink eye when I bought a $600 RC in the Kraton :(
I know how to fix the stability problems with an x-maxx

To me arrma is kinda a lexus and traxxas a ferrari, the ferrari breaks almost everhtime after a while vs the lexus who keeps on going

The fact that I am no longer married explains how I bought the Notorious and the EXB the same day. ?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back