Talion New talion coming

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just got the new Talion a few days ago. It's been a blast to drive and other than a few minor adjustments seemed decently set up out of the box. The shocks though have a really heavy oil in them, so they are on the slow side. Manual says 2000cst. Anyone think this is too heavy? Kraton shocks stock are listed to use 1000cst. Handling so far seems fine, but traction is pretty low with the stock tires/heavy shock oil in my opinion, not to say that's an issue, just an observation. For batteries, I've been running 2x 3s 25c 4000mah, while waiting for a couple of 3s 50c 5000mah on order. Batteries are barely warm after a run, surprisingly. I was expecting that the low c rating would have them running on the hotter side. Also have a Zombie and its quite fun and durable too.

So I just got the Zombie in today. It's a very fun car and for the most part is well made. It does not have the performance of the Talion but it's a nice change of pace. I might actually prefer the remote that came with the Zombie. I am really happy I own both.
I've been watching Aussie Rc Playgrounds vids and it seems pretty cool, looks to need a re-tune of the suspension and better tires.

I've created a DHK Zombie thread here so we stop hijacking this thread.

In any case, I was bashing the hell out of my Talion earlier today (my heart skipped a beat when I landed a jump on her back), and besides a few scrapes and bruises I thought she handled it extremely well since nothing broke and I was landing jumps at all kinds of angles, though I was not trying to get huge air (yet). The batteries (2 Powerhobby 3s 5200 mah 50c lipos) and motor remained cool too. Overall it was a blast, though she certainly does not look brand new anymore. Just like a real car, that first scratch is painful.

I just got the new Talion a few days ago. It's been a blast to drive and other than a few minor adjustments seemed decently set up out of the box. The shocks though have a really heavy oil in them, so they are on the slow side. Manual says 2000cst. Anyone think this is too heavy? Kraton shocks stock are listed to use 1000cst. Handling so far seems fine, but traction is pretty low with the stock tires/heavy shock oil in my opinion, not to say that's an issue, just an observation. For batteries, I've been running 2x 3s 25c 4000mah, while waiting for a couple of 3s 50c 5000mah on order. Batteries are barely warm after a run, surprisingly. I was expecting that the low c rating would have them running on the hotter side. Also have a Zombie and its quite fun and durable too.

I think it depends on what you want to do. Assuming the shock pistons are the same, I imagine the heavier oil also helps keep the car dipping too much in corners so you can take them at higher speeds without flipping. The down side is less traction in rougher terrain and although you can tune the suspension for that I think you would be better off with the Kraton if that's your thing. Arma also gives you extra shock pistons so you can tune the suspension without messing with different oil. Remember this is a more track oriented car designed for speed and handling, though Aussie RC Playground says it comes with a 13t pinion (I have not counted myself) which seems kind of low for its intended purpose. I wonder how a 15t pinion would behave on this car.

I do hope someone with more experience than me chimes in.

Also, one of the Arrma vids showed the Talion doing wheelies. I have been unsuccessful in my attempts. Does anyone know how Arrma had that Talion tuned?

Last edited:
Probably used really thick oil in the center diff like 500k or so.

I think it depends on what you want to do. Assuming the shock pistons are the same, I imagine the heavier oil also helps keep the car dipping too much in corners so you can take them at higher speeds without flipping. The down side is less traction in rougher terrain and although you can tune the suspension for that I think you would be better off with the Kraton if that's your thing. Arma also gives you extra shock pistons so you can tune the suspension without messing with different oil. Remember this is a more track oriented car designed for speed and handling, though Aussie RC Playground says it comes with a 13t pinion (I have not counted myself) which seems kind of low for its intended purpose. I wonder how a 15t pinion would behave on this car.

I do hope someone with more experience than me chimes in.

Also, one of the Arrma vids showed the Talion doing wheelies. I have been unsuccessful in my attempts. Does anyone know how Arrma had that Talion tuned?

The V1 (and I think the V2) cam with a 13t on the motor, and a 15t "Speed pinion" When I had my v1 Talion, I ran the 15t all the time.

I'm very tempted to try a 15t pinion then. What kind of speed should that give me? I just want to go as fast as I can without worrying about overheating anything.

I'm very tempted to try a 15t pinion then. What kind of speed should that give me? I just want to go as fast as I can without worrying about overheating anything.

If it is like the v2, it should hit 60mph on 6s and around 40mph on 4s and it would not overheat unless it is like 95 degrees outside running on grass.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back