Talion New talion coming

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got the shipping conformation. They say the 17th- 19th. Tower is usually right on...Mike

So rebound seems kind of slow (especially in the front). When you push the front end down, it is very slow to return and doesn't make it back to center. Is there a break in period for suspension or should I look in to stiffer springs and/or lighter oil?

Just got the shipping conformation. They say the 17th- 19th. Tower is usually right on...Mike

Nice. I really wish I had some power right now.

No break-in for shocks.

1st check for binding. Disconnect the bottom end of the shock and check that the suspension move up and down with no resistance. Common assembly errors - pillow balls too tight (this will bind) or caster clips bind (sand them thinner or get the Mugen set with thinner clips) and last - the inner hinge pins - the pins may need to be polished, and the holes in the arms may need to be reamed.

You want the arms to be able to fall down or up all the way when the shocks are disconnected. If this is good, then look at screwing the spring collars down, or adding stiffer springs.

This thing is nuts. I don't think it's as well tuned as the Kraton is out of the box because the alignment appears off (front wheels are towed out) and the shocks need some adjustments as noted above, but it flat out flies and is fairly easy to control. I am really impressed this car.

factory alignment is supposed to be toed out. that helps the vehicle turn in more quickly at slight expense of straight line stability.

Yeah those probably wouldn't cut it. Arrma lists 5000mah 35c 3s as minimum.

How do you like the Zombie?
So wait... are you saying you shouldn’t use a lipo with less than 5000mah? What if you have 2 2s 4200mah? Sorry if m not understanding correctly but I thought the only thing you have to watch for is the “c” rating. The mah is more less your run time.

So wait... are you saying you shouldn’t use a lipo with less than 5000mah? What if you have 2 2s 4200mah? Sorry if m not understanding correctly but I thought the only thing you have to watch for is the “c” rating. The mah is more less your run time.

C rating x capacity = amp output. So a 5000mah 35c = 5a x 35c = 175A. So Arrma is basically recommending a 175A battery output. That being said I run 5000mah 30C with no issues.

No it is not recoomend to use lipos that put out less than 175 amps. 5000 mah x 35c = 175,000 ma = 175 amps. So in order to use a 4200mah battery the c rating of the pack needs to be 40c(the math brings it at 35.714c) no one makes a 36c battery so the next step up from there is 40c. A 4200mah 35c battery is 147 amps so it might work but it is not recommended.

Norco ninjad me.

I'm really not a fan of the green senton but I think the v1 looked absolutely great.

mainbanner.jpg

Got mine yesterday! Looks awesome flat out flys on 6s! Sheared front upper shock screws off 10 mins in! Will update more once I get it fixed up!

Tires balloon bad on 6s?
No not too bad from what I saw in the short time I got to run it turning the inside front would a little but that’s to be expected! Tires are a little aggressive for pavement but great in grass! Haven’t had it on dirt yet gonna take to local bmx trails/jumps as soon as I get some time off! Fun and fast as hell so far!

Thanks for the update. Undecided between the new Talion and new Kraton so these user reviews help.

I'm pretty sure you want both but if that's not an option then it depends if you prefer handling or monster truck fun.

Yeah those probably wouldn't cut it. Arrma lists 5000mah 35c 3s as minimum.

How do you like the Zombie?

So I just got the Zombie in today. It's a very fun car and for the most part is well made. It does not have the performance of the Talion but it's a nice change of pace. I might actually prefer the remote that came with the Zombie. I am really happy I own both.

So I just got the Zombie in today. It's a very fun car and for the most part is well made. It does not have the performance of the Talion but it's a nice change of pace. I might actually prefer the remote that came with the Zombie. I am really happy I own both.
My wife's Zombie arrived yesterday, so we'll be checking it out soon. Looks pretty cool, just gotta get some better zombie theme stickers for it !!!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back