Talion New talion coming

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So this is a new chassis from the ground up? Now i feel jipped, I just bought my talion 2 months ago.

LOL, glad I watched it quick. :)

A few things I noticed -
Yeah, the servo is mounted long ways now. WTF, over?
extra half moon holes in the chassis in front and behind the diff?
The screw bumpers on the front shocks are a nice touch. My screws always get ground down and buggered up.
They changed the way the sway bar is mounted to the suspension arms?
20T Speed pinion! ZOOM! :)

Also thought it interesting he said the wheels are narrower and taller than 'standard truggy wheels' - I guess he means racing wheels?
If they make the same servo / center diff mod to the Typhon/Senton, the speed guys will be SOL with the long can motors. But I am guessing they will, so they can keep parts compatibility.

Regarding the CD change, I had the though - I wonder if they made it match the Team Durango CD spacing. This would be nice - then we could use the TD center drive shafts with the U-joints.

Trying to remove something from the Internet, how cute. I got a copy I can host somewhere if anyone's interested.

Probably better to not to. Re-posting it could make it tough for Rich to get future pre-release kits. Early release is an oopsy, but letting it get out and be reposed early could get him blacklisted.

Video is back up. Just saw the video and I am not sure how I feel about. It seems like it has shifted it's primary design function as a land speed type truggy instead of a off road based design that can also race. So basically if you already got the servo mount, chassis brace mod, all that we are really missing out on is the outcast battery tray ( I wonder if the part number is the same ) and the 4mm shock shafts. The shock cap covers are a nice touch though.

The new servo mount doesn't appear that it will work
LOL, glad I watched it quick. :)

A few things I noticed -
Yeah, the servo is mounted long ways now. WTF, over?
extra half moon holes in the chassis in front and behind the diff?
The screw bumpers on the front shocks are a nice touch. My screws always get ground down and buggered up.
They changed the way the sway bar is mounted to the suspension arms?
20T Speed pinion! ZOOM! :)

Also thought it interesting he said the wheels are narrower and taller than 'standard truggy wheels' - I guess he means racing wheels?
If they make the same servo / center diff mod to the Typhon/Senton, the speed guys will be SOL with the long can motors. But I am guessing they will, so they can keep parts compatibility.

Regarding the CD change, I had the though - I wonder if they made it match the Team Durango CD spacing. This would be nice - then we could use the TD center drive shafts with the U-joints.

Probably better to not to. Re-posting it could make it tough for Rich to get future pre-release kits. Early release is an oopsy, but letting it get out and be reposed early could get him blacklisted.
If you look closely at the half moon shapes you can see the chassis braces go through the chassis right there, so in order to use the new chassis braces you also need the new chassis.

The video is back up but he removed the cad drawings of the upgraded parts that highlighted the differences.

RC network just posted up running videos of it. Seems to take large jumps well, but looks very bouncy and stiff through the rough stuff.

RC network just posted up running videos of it. Seems to take large jumps well, but looks very bouncy and stiff through the rough stuff.

Thanks for finding that. I'd be surprised if you couldn't tune the bounciness out of the shocks.

The video can be found here:

So...this or the Kraton? Driving surface would be anything I can find. I already have a cheaper 1/8 monster truck (or will soon have it) for bashing so I was thinking about going for something more performance oriented that can still handle some insanity. Will the new Talion handle grass?

Probably depends on how tall the grass is. Normal every day lawn grass I do not see it having too much trouble, it might start to slow when pushing through some of the taller stuff.

I'm waiting for my local hobby shop to get them in. Still really conflicted between this and the Kraton. My biggest issue is there are no good places near me to run these things so I'm afraid the terrain I find might be better suited to the Kraton (but I 4really want this one). How much more ground clearance does the Kraton have?

So it seems ground clearance is adjustable. Nice. I may just have to pick this over the Kraton if that's the case.

Just picked it up but the hobby shop was out of batteries :( This is killing me.

Well that sucks. Do you have any other batteries that you might be able to use? If I remember right, you just need a 5000mah 35c 3s lipo.

I have 4s 35c 4200 mah lipos (for a DHK Zombie) but they have T connectors and I don't have adapters. Plus I'm not sure what the minimum discharge rate is and the hobby shop thought 50c was the minimum. I'll just have to wait until tomorrow.

Yeah those probably wouldn't cut it. Arrma lists 5000mah 35c 3s as minimum.

How do you like the Zombie?

I don't have the Zombie yet (it's on its way). I ordered it a couple of weeks ago then discovered the Arrma Kraton and Talion and had to have one.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back